Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 18:02   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

While casually browsing Flipkart couple of days back at around 7 am in the morning, I noticed a very sweet deal on the PS5 Digital Edition.

I already have an Xbox One S which I and my kids play occasionally, but I was personally longing for PS5 since a long time.

The deal at 30k was too sweet to miss. So I took the plunge. I know disc edition is more preferred because of ability to trade games, but I am a very occasional and casual gamer, and don't want discs to occupy real estate in home.

Now, could someone recommend me some games ?

I have a basic 4k 55 LED inch TV.

My taste is basically first person shooters and racing games.

Games like Gears of War 4, Gears 5 (Xbox), Far Cry, Uncharted (PS4), Forza 4/5 etc excite me. So this is my taste.

Note I already purchased the 1 year PS Plus Extra membership (It was available for approx 3.8k which I thought is a decent deal).

Last edited by DCEite : 12th February 2024 at 18:07.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 08:25   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Out of curiosity, how do you enjoy FPS games on a console? Auto aim? I haven't tried any yet because I struggle with aiming even on 3rd person shooters 😭. GTA was enjoyable thanks to its better auto aim.

Not sure if God of War is your type - but it's a very well done game.
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:03   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
While casually browsing Flipkart couple of days back at around 7 am in the morning, I noticed a very sweet deal on the PS5 Digital Edition.

I already have an Xbox One S which I and my kids play occasionally, but I was personally longing for PS5 since a long time.

The deal at 30k was too sweet to miss. So I took the plunge. I know disc edition is more preferred because of ability to trade games, but I am a very occasional and casual gamer, and don't want discs to occupy real estate in home.

Games like Gears of War 4, Gears 5 (Xbox), Far Cry, Uncharted (PS4), Forza 4/5 etc excite me. So this is my taste.

Note I already purchased the 1 year PS Plus Extra membership (It was available for approx 3.8k which I thought is a decent deal).
It is a great deal.

If you like FPS and racers then play station is wrong platform. Play station is known for its amazing role playing games.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 15:20   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
It is a great deal.

If you like FPS and racers then play station is wrong platform. Play station is known for its amazing role playing games.
Thanks. I started with God of War 2018 and very impressed so far. Can't wait to finish it and move it to the mightly GoW RagnaRok !
Old 14th February 2024, 17:08   #1055

Quote:
Thanks. I started with God of War 2018 and very impressed so far. Can't wait to finish it and move it to the mightly GoW RagnaRok !
Try Horizon Zero dawn and Horizon Forbidden West. You will experience the console’s maximum capabilities. Beautiful game from Sony.
Ashwintona675 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:57   #1056
BHPian

Purchased RDR 2 some time back, been playing it since then. Initially I found the game movement to be very slow but it feels okay now; been roaming around, collecting stuff, selling it & exploring the map.

Have even found money hacks haha.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd February 2024 at 12:54. Reason: Removed potential spoiler. Go easy dude. :)
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:50   #1057
BHPian

In anticipation of Dragon's Dogma 2, I picked up DD Dark Arisen. Graphics shows it's age. But gameplay is brilliant.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd February 2024 at 12:55. Reason: Removed. Thanks. :)
shatananda.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:34   #1058
BHPian

Call of Duty: Warzone is coming to mobile and iPad on 21st March 2024

Stoked! I've played all CoD games on PC and extensively play CoD mobile on iPad. Warzone will be fun
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 07:00   #1059

Finally bought "Elden Ring", really worth the hype and probably the greatest RPG game created ever ...

MadMax007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 08:14   #1060
BHPian

Quote:

Some great games are Last of Us (Part 1- 2022), Mafia (2020), Gran Turismo 7, F1 23 (currently on subscription), Ghosts of Tsushima (again on PSN catalogue).
Old 23rd March 2024, 14:43   #1061
BHPian

I have been playing Tom Clancy's Division 2 for the past 5 years. It's got endless endgame plays. And content has been updated still today. Amazing game. Highly recommended. If anyone plays Division 2, my ID is DesertFox_09
driver52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 08:35   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
I have been playing Tom Clancy's Division 2 for the past 5 years. It's got endless endgame plays. And content has been updated still today. Amazing game. Highly recommended. If anyone plays Division 2, my ID is DesertFox_09
Yeah, I played it for one year. Amazing game with amazing physics but had some graphical bugs with it that got sorted out with patches. Recently got over with Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 18:36   #1063

Quote:

The deal at 30k was too sweet to miss.
That is an absolute cracker of a deal Was it inclusive of some bank discounts? I have been chasing to buy a PS5 since long and missed the Great Indian Sale discounts but have rarely seen the price go below 39-40k. Any strategy to bag such good deals in future?
Old 29th March 2024, 14:40   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcontessafan View Post
That is an absolute cracker of a deal Was it inclusive of some bank discounts? I have been chasing to buy a PS5 since long and missed the Great Indian Sale discounts but have rarely seen the price go below 39-40k. Any strategy to bag such good deals in future?
Going for a digital console would simply mean you'll spend a lot on games (That is if you love playing a lot of games, specially new launches), and once you buy the digital games, you cannot sell them back, for that reason alone digital console is slightly cheaper compared to physical units.

I dont recall the source, but recently there was an outcry where a digital copy gives you the license to play the game, you do not own it. There will be loads of sales on these platforms, need not worry, just keep some credit cards handy as offers keep on changing.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 18:42   #1065
BHPian

Just started playing Horizon Forbidden West on PC. This has to be one of the most optimised, smooth and beautiful titles to release on PC. Horizon Zero Dawn was plagued with some issues on PC release, but in this - Nixxes has optimized this port really well.
On other note, started playing Quake 4 & Doom 3 again (out of nostalgia and itch to play a good FPS game). I must say that i forgot how good the FPS games used to made earlier and am absolutely loving playing these 2 games.
Turbo_anup is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks