Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2020, 11:29   #991
Team-BHP Support

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Just got this delivered. Looking forward to this weekend.

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-dd1311e0a7be404fa9d1adb93312b3b7.jpeg

#forcedbachelorlife
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 14:33   #992
BHPian

Any fans of Hollow Knight here?

Had bought this a long time ago, but got around to playing it only last month. I got past the first 5-6 hours, and slowly this game has taken hold of me like no other in the recent past. Have clocked 63 hours on it, and I think I am still only somewhere around the halfway stage.

The game is a classic Metroidvania platformer set in the bug kingdom of Hallownest. The lore is rich, the gameplay is addictive and the music is ethereal. It has something of a difficult learning curve, but once you have mastered the movement and combat, it feels like you are performing a skillful ballet. The enemy variety is mind boggling and boss battles are spectacular (except when you fail them the millionth time!).
Attached Thumbnails
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-8703d659e08c4ffc816d53e921ef8a2a.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 17th January 2021 at 14:36.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 00:44   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just got this delivered. Looking forward to this weekend.

Attachment 2094679

#forcedbachelorlife
It is a lovely game albeit quite lengthy and at times felt bit dragged. You will totally enjoy playing it.

Has anyone tried their hands on Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 ?
Old 18th January 2021, 00:58   #994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
It is a lovely game albeit quite lengthy and at times felt bit dragged. You will totally enjoy playing it.
Yeah man, I totally loved it. It was a near cinematic experience for me. The gameplay time for what is a non-RPG title was probably the longest for me. It took me a good 3-4 days to finish it despite the weekend. As for the title, clearly a 10/10 from me. Forget the visuals, Naughty Dog always scores on that front anyway. The story arc was mind blowing! The way they brought in new characters and intertwined them with the central character Ellie. Some bits did feel dragged as you rightly said (the palaeontology museum part for instance). The Yara-Lev storyline literally had me in tears.

At the end of it, I realised why the title was subjected to review bombing but hey the developers wanted to make it interesting. The protagonists and good guys won’t always have to be the good guys you know! You win some, you lose some. As far as TLOU2 goes, I believe a vast majority of the players liked the title than those who hated it. And I hope Naughty Dog starts a new franchise. We’ve seen enough of TLOU now. I paid Rs 600 for the title after the buy-back. Totally worth it I say.

All said and done, Naughty Dog isn’t the best developer when it comes to employee ratings. They do a lot of crunching and a lot of their employees have quit due to the stress and overtime (12+ hours of working!). Here’s a Kotaku article I read on this issue - https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-cr...per-1842289962

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Has anyone tried their hands on Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 ?
I thought Sony pulled it out of the Store because of the innumerable bugs the game had? CDPR even issued a formal apology and did state on record that they did not spend enough time with the consoles. What a bummer man!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th January 2021 at 01:03.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 22:22   #995
BHPian

Experts,
I am interested in buying a PS4 console, albeit a used one, have a tight budget.. CeX website has a few listed in the 20K range. Will this work out fine?

I am not in a "must buy" mode, so if used one is not the way to go I will drop the plan.

If it's cool to go ahead, please suggest which one to go for, the regular one, slim, or Pro.

Thanks.
Old 6th March 2021, 22:39   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Experts,
I am interested in buying a PS4 console, albeit a used one, have a tight budget.. CeX website has a few listed in the 20K range. Will this work out fine?

I am not in a "must buy" mode, so if used one is not the way to go I will drop the plan.

If it's cool to go ahead, please suggest which one to go for, the regular one, slim, or Pro.

Thanks.
Would suggest, go for the Pro version. Check out OLX too, pro version should be around the same ballpark.
Old 7th March 2021, 01:37   #997
BHPian

when buying used console, just make sure to check if the console is not tempered with. There are warranty seals near the power/usb port. In case there are opened, its better to let go of the console, no matter how sweet the deal is.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 18:12   #998
BHPian

Just bought Witcher 3 expansions. Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine.
Sale ongoing on the Xbox site.

Started with Hearts of Stone now. Feels awesome playing Witcher after a long time !
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:55   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Any fans of Hollow Knight
Hell yes! I love these charming indie games. They are not appreciated enough. Along with hollow knight, there are quite a lot of other indie games in my steam library that I would recommend to lovers of these kind of games. The best part about these games is that you don't need a modern beast desktop to run these.

For platformers I would recommend playing Celeste because of the very nice story that tackles mental health and depression. Though it will take a toll on your mental health if you play it without assist.
I would also recommend Spelunky(very addictive), Shovel Knight also. If you haven't played it yet, try out Limbo too.

There is a game that caught my eyes yesterday. It's called 'Hynospace Outlaw'. Man, what a game! If you love the aesthetics and vibes of the early 2000s internet, I'd say you must play it. You are given a job of internet moderator (my god being a moderator sure is tiring), you catch illegal activity, copyright content on the internet(which was rampant in those days). Has a nice story as well.

With the mad corona situation, these types of games will help pass the time.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 22nd April 2021 at 20:57.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 12:15   #1000
Senior - BHPian

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Need some guidance please. I have never owned a gaming console, was always contemplating on buying one when my son turns 10-12, he is about 9 now. However, someone from our society is letting go off his 2020 PS4 with two remote controllers for about 20k, along with couple of games too.

So first up, is 20k worth for a PS4 with two controllers? I can see new one with one controller and some games for 29k. And secondly, since we are newbies to gaming, do we need to keep buying new titles for every game or are there games in the cloud which one can play basis some subscription?

To be honest, We have tried to keep my sons TV time to some 2 hours everyday even in these holidays and lock down scenarios, so one of the reasons for not buying one so far was the apprehension that he may spend more time on TV. But looking around kids who learn such games, I did not want my son to be left behind at a later stage.

Suggestions please.

Last edited by motorworks : 27th April 2021 at 12:21.
Old 27th April 2021, 15:33   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Need some guidance please. I have never owned a gaming console, was always contemplating on buying one when my son turns 10-12, he is about 9 now. However, someone from our society is letting go off his 2020 PS4 with two remote controllers for about 20k, along with couple of games too.

So first up, is 20k worth for a PS4 with two controllers? I can see new one with one controller and some games for 29k. And secondly, since we are newbies to gaming, do we need to keep buying new titles for every game or are there games in the cloud which one can play basis some subscription?

To be honest, We have tried to keep my sons TV time to some 2 hours everyday even in these holidays and lock down scenarios, so one of the reasons for not buying one so far was the apprehension that he may spend more time on TV. But looking around kids who learn such games, I did not want my son to be left behind at a later stage.

Suggestions please.
It's a decent price but do let us know which games is he giving along. With PS4 if you need to play online, you need to get PSN Plus subscription. The subscription costs around 3k a year. This also includes two games free every month, now quality of games is up and down, but generally you can be assured to get 4-5 good games in a year. You own the games till you are subscribed to the service.

The price of PS4 games are decreasing with PS5 launched, you can get onto some gaming forums and get games for as low as 900-1000 rupees and then resell them for 700-800 rupees. Do PM me if you need more information.

Subscription based gaming does exist for Playstaion and is called PS NOW, but not launched in India. Xbox is much ahead in that regards with Gamepass service.
Old 27th April 2021, 15:56   #1002
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please.
It is always suggested to restrict the TV time. And two hours seem very reasonable. In that restricted TV time, it makes a lot of sense to use that in gaming rather than watching TV shows/movies. Video games are proven to have a lot of benefits for kids like problem-solving, quick decision making, etc.

20k is a good price for a PS4 with two controllers, considering that it is around one year old. It sure is a good buy. Make sure that the console is not modded and the controllers are in good working condition.

I personally like the Xbox though. I felt its controller is much easy to grip and use.
Old 27th April 2021, 16:24   #1003
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please.
Just 20K with two working controllers is a sweet deal. Go for it. Plus the person lives in your society, so there's some peace of mind. In case, you don't go ahead with this, keep me in mind.
Old 27th April 2021, 16:56   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It's a decent price but do let us know which games is he giving along. With PS4 if you need to play online, you need to get PSN Plus subscription. The subscription costs around 3k a year. This also includes two games free every month, now quality of games is up and down, but generally you can be assured to get 4-5 good games in a year. You own the games till you are subscribed to the service.

The price of PS4 games are decreasing with PS5 launched, you can get onto some gaming forums and get games for as low as 900-1000 rupees and then resell them for 700-800 rupees. Do PM me if you need more information.

Subscription based gaming does exist for Playstaion and is called PS NOW, but not launched in India. Xbox is much ahead in that regards with Gamepass service.

Hi, thanks for your revert, the games in question are Gran Turismo, FIFA 19 and God of war. He says that he has procured an additional controller. I have asked him to leave the console with me for about 2 hours so as to understand the working condition and then probably pay him. Will DM you once I get this to ask a few questions. Thanks again.
Old 28th April 2021, 06:13   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, thanks for your revert, the games in question are Gran Turismo, FIFA 19 and God of war.

Hi motorworks

1. 20k seems to be a good price, just make sure the console is not modded and works well. Also check the condition of the controllers, they are prone to wear with heavy usage.

2. PS Plus, the online subscription service of PlayStation, costs 3k annually or 499/- monthly. This gives access to online multiplayer on supported titles, discounts on digital purchases and 2 free games every month (the quality of these games are hit or miss, and are usually not the best the console has to offer).

With the COVID-19 situation across the globe, PS has this temporary initiative going called ‘Play at Home’, with periodic offers for both AAA and indie games absolutely free. Currently they have ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ (with all DLC) under this offer till May 14, and this is one of the must have games for this console.

3. Physical discs for the PS4 are relatively cheaper now since the console is at the end of its life cycle - you could get AAA titles at 1/3rd or 1/4th the price of what they were at launch. You are buying this at a good time!

4. I am not sure if you are aware, but games are age rated. For instance God of War is rated 17+ for extreme violence. While games have always been violent in one way or other, today they also handle a variety of adult/sexual themes and emotionally affecting content. You would want to watch out for what your 9 year old would be playing.

On a side note, have always heard that Xbox with its Gamepass service is leagues ahead when it comes to multiplayer content and access to games from previous generations, so maybe you would want to look at that. Have no personal experience, since I have always been a PlayStation guy

Last edited by Pequod : 28th April 2021 at 06:27. Reason: Additional info!
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks