Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:26   #5476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
At long last I got my Pentax K-x, unboxed it today. On paper it seems to be very good. Lets see
Good to see more people trying out Pentax. Have fun with your K-x. I am having with mine. I wish I got the 55-300mm lens with it.
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:20   #5477
BHPian

Don't know if you guys seen this. All in good humour and no offense meant

Shutterfinger: What Your Choice of Camera Says About You
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:15   #5478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Don't know if you guys seen this. All in good humour and no offense meant

Shutterfinger: What Your Choice of Camera Says About You
I really doubt how true that can be ! I dont think Samurai San ever bought a Peruvian underwear
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:00   #5479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I really doubt how true that can be ! I dont think Samurai San ever bought a Peruvian underwear
But I have other rare things like Grand Vitara. Actually I have answered you once about this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1334812-post1160.html
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:21   #5480
BHPian

Any suggestions for a DSLR Backpack that can also take in a laptop and provide sufficient safety to the equipment. I am looking for recommendations on brand and place to buy in Blore. I did have a look at Kata but the price seems quite steep.
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:25   #5481
Team-BHP Support

Though I am a canon owner, I feel that Oly and Panasonic give so much more value. This has always been the case.
Panasonic GH2 reinforced my belief.
These two companies try to think out of the box.
3 years back who would have thought a 4/3" sensor in a camera as big as a large compact, with full HD video recording, and full manual control in video along with continuous AF!

I would have bought Oly in 2006, but the 8 minute limit on bulb exposure and horrendous long exposure noise put me off.

Even today, on panasonic GH2, the bulb exposure limit is 4 minutes, though oly has progressed to 30 minutes(via custom function).

If panasonic removes this limitation, I will be so tempted to sell all my canon gear and get a panny with a 8mm wide angle lens, if they make so.

Hopefully, in the next year or so, Canon will catch up with panasonic and offer equally good cameras.
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:44   #5482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post
Any suggestions for a DSLR Backpack that can also take in a laptop and provide sufficient safety to the equipment. I am looking for recommendations on brand and place to buy in Blore. I did have a look at Kata but the price seems quite steep.
I got one from case logic from the US.
Its pretty nice(though it cannot hold my DSLR anymore as I have a big lens now).
If you can get something from the US, go to amazon.com etc., and buy. You get real good stuff for 50$ or so.
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:51   #5483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the budget you are looking at?
I picked up a Kata 467i from Singapore for a bit less than Rs.4000. The price in India is around 5-6k I suppose.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:13   #5484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
.... Actually I have answered you once about this.
Saluting your memory power. That post was more than a year old !

Quote:
Any suggestions for a DSLR Backpack that can also take in a laptop and provide sufficient safety to the equipment.
Better to search the lowepro and kata websites before you head to any shop. Things whats available in the shop may not be what you actually want, so you can order the chosen one through the shop. Also check smartshoppers website, they have a huge collection of bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
.....Hopefully, in the next year or so, Canon will catch up with panasonic and offer equally good cameras.
I had some casual discussions with some Canon pros, including some who moved from Nikon to Canon. One thing I have to agree with them is, many Canon bodies and lenses are cheaper/affordable than the Nikon counter-part and Canon gives you more for your money.

Taking some PRO models from both (from discussions and casual talks with users, not copied from any forum nor review sites), so its open to correction:

Canon 1 D Mark IV, 16 MP, MRP 259995
Nikon D3S, 12 MP, MRP 289950

Canon 5 D Mark II, 21 MP, MRP 141995
Nikon D700, 12 MP, MRP 139950

Canon 1 Ds Mark III, 21 MP, MRP 412995
Nikon D3X, 24 MP, MRP 524950

Just two lenses for comparison:

Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L USM, MRP 72290
Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 G ED, MRP 105565
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L USM, MRP 89195
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 G ED VRII, MRP 159185

Forget everything else and look at what you get more with a similar priced Canon (megapixels, features, video etc.), I hope my point is clear. No wonder I see 8 canons out of 10 photographers. Now, If I take up photography on a serious tone as a money-making line, I would ditch Nikon and move to Canon. Also I can borrow lenses from 100s of friends if required, so far not able to find a friend who uses Nikon with its expensive lenses

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd November 2010 at 13:31.
Old 3rd November 2010, 20:43   #5485
BHPian

Confused Between DSLRs : Canon 1000D or Nikon D3100 ?

Hi all ,
It was my birthday yesterday and I am contemplating to buy a Digital SLR soon .
But sadly Cant decide what to buy of the two .

It was my final decision to buy the 1000D by Canon but just a week (or so ) ago Nikon introduced its tasty D3100 .

This is my first SLR , please help me decide amongst the two .

What I like in Canon 1000D
  1. 8k cheaper than the Nikon
  2. Tried and Tested
  3. Popular
What I like in Nikon D3100
  1. HD Video Recording feature
  2. VR lens
  3. 14 MP vs 10 MP on the Canon

Please Help me decide and suggest if better alternatives are available
Old 3rd November 2010, 22:21   #5486
BHPian

Need suggestions for a tripod, I have a 350d right now and the biggest (heaviest) lens I have is the sigma 70-300 apo dg. I want it to be a bit future proof in case I go for a bigger body or buy bigger lenses (300/400mm primes, yeah yeah wishful thinking I know) some time later. At the same time I don't want to end up buying something that is an overkill, just for the sake of future proofing. I prefer something that is locally available (off jayesh mostly). How much would I have to shell out? Do tripods hold their value like lenses in case I buy something now and want to upgrade later?

I also considered the 65$ one available on dealextreme that is suggested in a previous post, but the 30-40 day waiting period is putting me off.
Old 4th November 2010, 00:30   #5487
BHPian

Quote:
You can try the Inter Foto India Pvt. Ltd., their showroom is near Safina Plaza on Infantry Road, good stock in Lowepro bags.
I recently used a Lowepro Fastpack 350 for a 17" laptop, 3 lenses + Flash + accessories, served well with space to spare in the top compartment, enough to hold a 70-210 size lens as well, with some packing for safety of course.

SmartShoppers.in has the same bag at a lower price but in my case they couldn't deliver even after 2 weeks of promised delivery date, so had to buy from interfoto, you can try SmartShoppers.in if you have plenty of time in hand and are in no hurry.

Hope this helps.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:01   #5488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also recommend the Vanguard Up Rise 48. My kit has grown a bit this year and I bought this backpack to complement my Lowepro shoulder bag.

Vanguard ? Photo-Video - Tripods, Camera Bags, Cases, Optics, Binoculars

I found VG offers far more value for money than the established accessory brands i.e. Manfrotto/Bogen, Gitzo etc for tripods and ball heads and Lowepro and Tamrac (bags which I own/owned). Never had a Kata though.

Check them out if possible.

Rgds,
Old 4th November 2010, 14:27   #5489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What is the budget you are looking at?
I picked up a Kata 467i from Singapore for a bit less than Rs.4000. The price in India is around 5-6k I suppose.
Kata 3n-22 takes a tablet... I used the 3n-20 which is the same without lappy provision and I think its such an innovative design and great quality !! Of course it comes at a price but you can wear the bag for hours and walk around without feeling any weight.
I sold the bag as decided to put the cash into a new lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
This may sound stupid but can a Ef 1.4x II or 2x II extenders be used with a Efs 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS lens. Are there any other alternatives similar to this from which i can improve the zoom range of my 55-250 lens.
Firstly the optics and the mount are not flush on the convertors so the protrusion means that it is not compatible with all lenses.

Secondly its meant to be a tool to 'cheat' your way to longer focal distance but this is done primarily on the L glass so you dont end up screwing the images.

I use the 55-250 sparingly, its an amazing lens but not good enough to use a Tx, that being said I dont know if its compatible

Last edited by s0uljah : 4th November 2010 at 14:30.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:13   #5490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Kata 3n-22 takes a tablet... I used the 3n-20 which is the same without lappy provision and I think its such an innovative design and great quality !! Of course it comes at a price but you can wear the bag for hours and walk around without feeling any weight.
I suppose you meant the 3n1-33 cause the 3n1-22 holds only 12inch netbooks. Also, I heard the opposite regarding the comfort. Lot of complaints regarding the straps: Owners of the Kata 3N1 22 or 33 - Canon Digital Photography Forums

This apart from the price was why I skipped this bag. Design wise, I think this is a great bag though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks