Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 16:43   #9736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit

Thanks.That is a nice photo.So what is feel is we can compromise for another 5omm,right?
Yes - the 250+ range in the 75-300 lens is soft. It may not give satisfactory results at 300mm. Try the lenses at some friendly camera shop if you can.
Old 11th May 2012, 20:31   #9737
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Guys, I really dont know anything about photography but i need to buy a SLR/DSLR and i have a budget of around 30k so which one should i buy?

A friend of mine has recommended me the Sony NEX-5 and another friend has asked me to go for a Canon 1100D. So which one should i go for as a beginner?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2012, 21:20   #9738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Guys, I really dont know anything about photography but i need to buy a SLR/DSLR and i have a budget of around 30k so which one should i buy?

A friend of mine has recommended me the Sony NEX-5 and another friend has asked me to go for a Canon 1100D. So which one should i go for as a beginner?

Thanks in advance.
Around that range will be Canon 1100D,Nikon 3100(Nikon 3200) not sure if Nikon 3200 is available now.
Old 11th May 2012, 21:23   #9739
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You are in the entry level price range. Go, check, feel the bodies. Pick the one you like. If I were you I wouldnt mind checking the used markets. Pick one up from forum member if you can.
Old 12th May 2012, 10:48   #9740
BHPian

Has anyone bought any camera equipment from Thailand recently? I am heading there for a week in May and thought it would be a good time to upgrade my 500D. I was looking at a 7D. Any shops in Bangkok I should check out? I also wanted to check out some used lenses any leads on that?
Old 13th May 2012, 19:58   #9741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde
Has anyone bought any camera equipment from Thailand recently? I am heading there for a week in May and thought it would be a good time to upgrade my 500D. I was looking at a 7D. Any shops in Bangkok I should check out? I also wanted to check out some used lenses any leads on that?

Just returned from Thailand. Canon cameras are slightly more expensive in Thailand than in India + international warranty not available on body. However if interested you can visit Powerbuy in Centara mall (www.powerbuy.co.th). They also give 5% discount along with VAT refund at the airport.There are also 2 dedicated camera shops near this particular shop. You can also drive a bargain specially for used devices at MBK mall and Indra market without VAT bill - no quality assurances though. Happy shopping :-)
Old 13th May 2012, 23:52   #9742
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1 I also came back from a Thailand trip couple of months back. I too found Thailand to be a bit more expensive than India for canon. Also check out King Power. They have stalls in airport duty free. Other than that there is a complex in bangkok city too approachable from both Ratcharop and Phaya Thai Stations. Not very far from Indra square too I guess. King Power also gives Duty free stuff including VAT refund at airport. They had some discounts going on when we were in bangkok. Even in MBK mall on the top floor near food court there is a dedicated camera shops which offer VAT discounts.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:23   #9743
BHPian

Folks, need your help . I currently own a Nikon D3100 with a 55-300 VR lens (4.5 -5.6 F). I am mostly into wildlife and Birding photography and often feel i can have that extra 100 mm zoom . Currently, planning to buy a Teleconverter which can help my cause. I would like to know which teleconverter in Nikon series would work with D3100. Am also aware that using a TC with not so fast lens can delay the Auto focus . Howover, feel something is better than nothing.

Request your help to let me know which TC would work the best with D3100.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:34   #9744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,need help!!

Which lens to go for?Canon 55-250 IS II or 70-300 USM
How about sigma,tamron 70-300mm?
Hey, It was nice to meet you in the Canon Photography workshop , my cousin recently picked up 55-250 and he is pretty happy with the lense, I think you should go for it
Old 17th May 2012, 12:46   #9745
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,need help!!

Which lens to go for?Canon 55-250 IS II or 70-300 USM
How about sigma,tamron 70-300mm?
For that range, you will be better off with an IS equipped lens. I use Canon 55-250 IS and it is quite a good lens.
Old 17th May 2012, 15:15   #9746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Hey, It was nice to meet you in the Canon Photography workshop , my cousin recently picked up 55-250 and he is pretty happy with the lense, I think you should go for it

Hey!! welcome to the team,man.Nice to see you here.Our group remains active in FB.Thanks for that.

Guys,one of my photograph got shortlisted for competition.It is available for voting. I need all of your support,please..

Manorama Online | Jeevajalam Photography Contest 2012
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-drop.jpg  

Old 18th May 2012, 14:13   #9747
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a Wireless flash trigger for my Sony Alpha A35. I'm a newbie to strobist world so I've two questions in this regard:

1) Any pointers as to where can I get one in India? I have seen quite a few being sold in ebay US. But right now I don't have anyone to bring it to India for me.

2) In the camera, there is a wireless flash mode, but the manual it is written that the camera cannot carry out the wireless lighting ratio control. So I guess something which transmits needs to be attached to the camera's hot shoe as well?

Quote:
Hey!! welcome to the team,man.Nice to see you here.Our group remains active in FB.Thanks for that.
Guys,one of my photograph got shortlisted for competition.It is available for voting. I need all of your support,please..
Manorama Online | Jeevajalam Photography Contest 2012
Congrats man! Voting now..

Last edited by clevermax : 18th May 2012 at 14:36.
Old 18th May 2012, 15:28   #9748
BHPian

Clever you can get them shipped to India, I have been using two pairs of Pixel triggers for almost 2 years on my Sony and Minolta cameras, work well most of the times.

Most of the sites will sell you one transmitter and one receiver combination, but the below site gives you options to get two receivers also.
Cool Gadgets, Tools & Lifestyle | Brando Workshop : Wireless Flash Trigger with 16-channel + Remote Control - Sony/Minolta

For controlling ratios, I guess at least a HVL20AM flash would be required, do not remember correctly right now. Anyhow, after some time, you would tend to use your slave flashes in manual mode more and more, so controller ratio would not matter much.

With that in mind, if your on-board flash can fire the slave flashes at all, that's more than enough reason to be happy. You might want to block the on-board flash with some material however at times.

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2012, 17:55   #9749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Clever you can get them shipped to India, I have been using two pairs of Pixel triggers for almost 2 years on my Sony and Minolta cameras, work well most of the times.

Most of the sites will sell you one transmitter and one receiver combination, but the below site gives you options to get two receivers also.
Cool Gadgets, Tools & Lifestyle | Brando Workshop : Wireless Flash Trigger with 16-channel + Remote Control - Sony/Minolta
Cheers!
Thank you aburagohain!! Did you get them shipped to India from that site? Faced any customs issues?

I think the one Tx & Rx pair will work for me. I have an older Quantaray QTB9500A unit which will just trigger the flash in full & 1/16 power modes. So I am ok with manual mode of operation.

Last edited by clevermax : 18th May 2012 at 17:58.
Old 18th May 2012, 18:28   #9750
BHPian

Clever...not a wireless one but I do have a wired one lying with me brand new. I moved on to canon offlate. pm me if interested

Wireless ones will be shipped to India from ebay, china sellers. Generally no customs is charged but in 50% cases you dont get them at all may be since customs guys confiscate them. Moreover if you dont receive it, only in 50% cases you can expect a refund from the seller. Since they take 40 days for delivery and you cant complaint on ebay after 45 days, sometimes the deal gets awry

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks