Old 6th July 2009, 09:14   #46
BANNED

Which is better : Peachtree/Quicken ?
Old 6th July 2009, 12:18   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
ah! Microsoft decided to discontinue Money!!
As a big fan and long-time user of MS Money, I'm dissapointed. I hope it doesn't affect us existing users in a big way.

Quote:
Which is better : Peachtree/Quicken ?
Don't have first hand experience with either. Based on hearsay : Quicken.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:41   #48
Team-BHP Support

Have any of you tried out gnucash? I have heard that its good.
Old 6th July 2009, 13:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Have tried it quite a few times. It has improved a lot.

But is still has a lot of catch-up to do.

For example, Lets say you have a Credit card bill due and amount is 11560. You sync saving account and that has a debit of 11560 with caption is (XYZ Bank Card).

Ganucash will not link these two transaction automatically. Both Money and Quicken will link them based on match (heuristically).

Similarly it does not have a what-if planner to see if it makes sense to pre-pay loans (That would require combining Current rates, Taxes, various fees and between rates). And which loan should be paid out first.

Gnucash is okay as dumb accounting software for individuals. Now it supports import from Money files and direct sync with banks (not in India though).

But it does not have financial planning features.
Old 29th May 2010, 10:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Help! I want to learn Tally

Dear BHPians

I wish to implement Accounting and Inventory Management Software in our Business. I came across softwares such as Tally and Busy, the former being most popular. We're a SME with multi-location facilities in the Manufacturing sector. Keeping this in minds I've few queries which I believe BHPians will be best able to solve considering the fact that we've people from different walks of life working in different sectors. The queries are:

1. Which software will be better: Tally / Busy / Others ?

2. From where can I learn softwares such as Tally/ Busy?

Guys, I look forward to your help and support as I'm totally new such softwares.

Thanks
Warm Regards

Tanveer Singh

Mods: I searched for relevant threads but couldn't find any.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:30   #51
BANNED

If you want to study(self-study) Tally ERP, buy some books or search online.

OR join Tally Academy: Tally ERP, Tally Training, Tally Tutorials, Tally Education, Tally Courses, Tally Certification, Tally Software, Tally Solutions, Tally Services, Tally Forums, Tally Jobs,
Old 29th May 2010, 23:36   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Tally is really nice. The newer version allows the owner to check all accounts and everything from different locations online. We use Tally in our business and it is really helpful.

Learning it on your own could be really difficult. I would suggest you go to a proper course.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Tally is very good for SME segment, I believe they have a Tally academy also to teach people on their Software. I remember it has a very good and simple cheque printing option.
Old 30th May 2010, 12:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

In India, nothing beats Tally ( I like Focus and Wings too but, no patch on Tally in terms of exhaustiveness and UI ease of usage) accounting software.

I am not saying this because I started my career by selling Tally Accounting Software for more than a year.

But, it really is a good product!
Old 31st May 2010, 00:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Mithun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Tally is really nice. The newer version allows the owner to check all accounts and everything from different locations online. We use Tally in our business and it is really helpful.

Learning it on your own could be really difficult. I would suggest you go to a proper course.
Thanks a lot Nikhil. I'm thinking of going for a proper course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Tally is very good for SME segment, I believe they have a Tally academy also to teach people on their Software. I remember it has a very good and simple cheque printing option.
Dadu, thanks a lot. They do have Tally Academies and I'll be going to the nearest one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In India, nothing beats Tally ( I like Focus and Wings too but, no patch on Tally in terms of exhaustiveness and UI ease of usage) accounting software.

I am not saying this because I started my career by selling Tally Accounting Software for more than a year.

But, it really is a good product!
That's a nice feedback, I'm thinking of Tally only.

To All: I've seen simple looking Bills being printed in stores using Tally. Can we have a better looking bill template on which Tally can print?
Old 31st May 2010, 07:02   #56
Team-BHP Support

I use gnucash on a regular basis. Not much of highend stuff, but helps you keep all your things in perspective, track your monthly expenditure etc.

The idea to keep one's granularity/quantum check in correct state. By that what I mean is, one can enter each and every transaction, but more important thing is, where is the bigger quantum going? Is there a big spending pattern etc etc.

There is a windows version also available.
Old 31st May 2010, 07:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

I use Quicken, however I'm unable to use its online features since they've not designed the software for India. Can Tally help me accomplish all the features of Quicken & help me with online features too? Also, how difficult or easy is Tally for home usage? Can someone help me understand pls? Tks.
Old 1st June 2010, 00:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ampere. Since we need a full fledged software for managing all the affairs we're looking at Tally.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:43   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I use Quicken, however I'm unable to use its online features since they've not designed the software for India. Can Tally help me accomplish all the features of Quicken & help me with online features too? Also, how difficult or easy is Tally for home usage? Can someone help me understand pls? Tks.
Infact Quicken is better than Tally(feature-wise), but Tally is made for Indians, By Indians !
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:49   #60
BHPian

The word is personal finance / money manager and here are few of the big players

1. Mint: http://www.mint.com/2/
2. Yodlee: https://moneycenter.yodlee.com/money...moneycenter.do

Best part is that they are free softwares

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks