Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:32   #61
BHPian

i have always found the desktop versions to be more useful than the web versions. Chances of making periodic updates is more in the former relative to the latter.

Perhaps, the best possible solution would be to have a local version and sync it to the cloud.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:50   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Perhaps, the best possible solution would be to have a local version and sync it to the cloud.
MS Money used to offer this way back in 2003, though of course, now that MS has stopped supporting the software, this feature would likely have gotten disabled.

I'd be surprised if any of the current accounting softwares don't offer an online sync. Try Quicken. I hear its the next best.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
MS Money used to offer this way back in 2003, though of course, now that MS has stopped supporting the software, this feature would likely have gotten disabled.

I'd be surprised if any of the current accounting softwares don't offer an online sync. Try Quicken. I hear its the next best.
By Sync, do you mean updating entries from a remote system? If so, then Tally.ERP9 has taken care of it and Busy too.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:46   #64

Hey guys,

This is a very old thread but I came across this software ManageMyPaisa (www.managemypaisa.com) while searching for personal finance software in the web. So far, it has been really good because it has a lot of features and is tailored to Indian market. If you are still looking, I definitely think you should try it. They are not very cheap as well (more than half less compared to Money or Quicken)
Old 21st September 2010, 12:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Use iCash. Try the following link. It's an excellent software.

Maxprog | iCash - Personal finance software and Money Manager for Mac OS and Windows

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 21st September 2010, 19:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabol View Post
Hey guys,

This is a very old thread but I came across this software ManageMyPaisa (www.managemypaisa.com) while searching for personal finance software in the web. So far, it has been really good because it has a lot of features and is tailored to Indian market. If you are still looking, I definitely think you should try it. They are not very cheap as well (more than half less compared to Money or Quicken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Use iCash. Try the following link. It's an excellent software.

Maxprog | iCash - Personal finance software and Money Manager for Mac OS and Windows

Cheers!

Vinu
I find perfios to be more secure. Its run by former CEO's etc from AZTEC.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:44   #67

ManageMyPaisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I find perfios to be more secure. Its run by former CEO's etc from AZTEC.
How can perfios be more secure when it is an online software that stores your username and password in their server while ManageMyPaisa is an offline software?

If you are not even connected to the internet while using ManageMyPaisa, how can it be less secure?
Old 26th October 2010, 12:50   #68
BHPian

Intuit Money Manager

Hi,

Recently came across the Intuit Money Manager and have been thinking about going for this product.
It seems like a neat product and does seem to provide some nifty graphics n metrix. Coming from Intuit (Turbo-tax), I presume it to be safe and since it does not have any transaction passwords I am a bit assured against any wrong-doings.

Has anyone tried/used this? Could you please kindly share your experience and views.

peace,
~kg

Last edited by kapilvgupta : 26th October 2010 at 12:59. Reason: spellings/grammar etc..
Old 26th October 2010, 13:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

I initially thought you're going to ask about Intuit Quicken, but this seems to be different one. Is this Intuit Money Manager also from the same parent company as the one I mentioned above?

Also, I assume IMM is going to be a downloaded software & not an online money manager like Perfios.
Old 26th October 2010, 14:00   #70
BHPian

@aargee. It is an online money manager. It has a 3 month trial version and then it is i think valued at 1 rupee per day or something similar payable for an year.

It is actually quite good. I was using it well for the free period then got lazy. If you follow stocks on money control then you can do all that from one dashboard
Old 26th October 2010, 16:38   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
@aargee. It is an online money manager. It has a 3 month trial version and then it is i think valued at 1 rupee per day or something similar payable for an year.

It is actually quite good. I was using it well for the free period then got lazy. If you follow stocks on money control then you can do all that from one dashboard
well it was a 90day free trial but is now only a 30day free trial (seems like they are meeting some targets)

Yes, this is a product from Intuit..the same guys who power TurboTax and many other financial products. I am a bit apprehensive about sharing all my financial information and would thus like to hear some +ve reviews for this.

peace,
~kg
Old 15th October 2011, 22:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accounting (Credit /Debit) Software needed

I was using quicken for a long time when I was abroad. It is really user friendly and easy to work with. I did not do any training. Now I am looking for a software which will help me to keep my NSE accounts. I mean share market account.Any suggestion.
Old 13th April 2012, 09:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I was using quicken for a long time when I was abroad. It is really user friendly and easy to work with. I did not do any training. Now I am looking for a software which will help me to keep my NSE accounts. I mean share market account.Any suggestion.
Hi navan49, I know this is reply is too delayed, but try out this site once - www.perfios.com

I am using Perfios for a couple of years now and I find it really really helpful. They support a lot of financial institutions and hence it can actually be a one-stop solution for your portfolio and your personal finances. They are also comparatively safer than other products as I have not come across any negative incidents.

Let us know if you are using any other product.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:50   #74
BHPian

I am in the US and started using mint.com three years ago. Intuit already had the now-synonymous quicken but still bought mint.com in 2009 due to its rapidly increasing user-base. unlike quicken, you need not carry/install mint.com anywhere and a browser or app is all you need.

Initially, I too had my questions regarding security such as saving all my userids and passwords online but consider the following points.

1. The tool only saves your user name and password and nothing else. Also, all your data is encrypted which cannot be read unless encryption methodology is hacked. Even for troubleshooting, mint.com support-team cannot ever access this data. We would have to provide mint.com with required specific data to troubleshoot.

2. Mint.com has to work with the financial institution for data-exchange. Financial institution has to approve mint.com to access this data. FInancial institution has the ability to restrict the amount of data mint.com can pull. I have some institutions in my portfolio, which are not ready to work with mint.com due to added security burden (GE-capital for instance)

3. Services such as google-wallet, paypal, amazon.com have all my financial data. They could also be hacked right? Banks can also be hacked right. If mint.com is using "bank-level" security, why is security only a concern with mint.com?

I am sure when I relocate to india, I will sign up for their money manager tool which is nothing but mint.in Also, perfios seems to be inspired by mint.com and seems to be the early adopter for indian market. I had gone through their websites and UI looks exactly same as mint.com

Sign up for either one and try out with some risk free accounts. While signing up for mint.com, initially I tried only credit-cards as I consider them most risk free. I think CCs are most liable to be stolen, physically or digitally, and mint.com cannot be the only loop-hole in whole network. You could be swiping the card somewhere, giving over the card number on phone, etc. etc. etc. which are more riskier.

Trust me, you will be totally addicted to these websites. You would release how much extra you spend on eating outside or electronics or on car etc. You will also learn cooking up books (accounting) to satisfy your heart regarding blowing up money.
Old 7th September 2012, 07:21   #75
BHPian

The main requirement is for father to keep track of all the Fixed Deposits. He has numerous and though he is tracking it excellent, ends up spending half a day in his diary.

What is required is a simple to operate freeware where we can enter fixed deposits and it can give interest credit alerts daily on logging in. I have tried Simple Money Manager but it is more suitable for keeping tracks of expenditure and graphic illustration of epenses vs income.

Also most of my transactions are done by father / wife as I sail for almost 7 months a year. I need to release their workload and hence seeking advice on a suitable freeware.

Can we create various accounts within same software? We can sure do this in Simple Money Manager. But it is not that great when viewing fixed deposit investments.

I somehow feel more comfortable with an offline software. Thanks in advance for advices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks