Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 13:59   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Uncharted Trilogy - 3 games for a total of Rs 2,932. Cost per game - Rs 978 and you get 3 games.

Uncharted 2 + Uncharted = Rs 1377 + Rs 2199 = Rs 3,576

Also let us know how is Mortal Kombat. How was you experience with Snapdeal? Was the packaging/delivery time good. The prices are very good on Snap Deal
True, but i have not purchased any Game series except GOW I, II and III. so a little confused whether buying all three is that exciting or should i stick with UC2 and it will not create a fetish for rest ones

Will defintely update you on Mortal Kombat, it has been delivered at home.
let me check once once i have a hands on it.

Quote:
FYI - You can directly play UC2 as it is not at all related to UC1 (of course the characters are same). But it would be in continuation if you play UC2 after playing UC1 - you will kind of feel connected to the characters. I have not played Cause 2 or Infamous but I can assure you that Uncharted series will be worth your time.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:16   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also let us know how is Mortal Kombat. How was you experience with Snapdeal? Was the packaging/delivery time good. The prices are very good on Snap Deal
I received Mortal Kombat yesterday from Snapdeal. the packing was very good much better than any ebay product i purchased till date
delivery was also well in time

Game is also good enough if you do not have any fighting game in your collection like mine.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:19   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

I have purchased many PS3 games from USA and some here in India that used to work on my PS3 which i got from USA.

However, I am now in processing of buying a new PS3 Move in India.

My question :- Will all my current games work on the new PS3 console that i buy from here?
Old 18th October 2012, 10:11   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have purchased many PS3 games from USA and some here in India that used to work on my PS3 which i got from USA.

However, I am now in processing of buying a new PS3 Move in India.

My question :- Will all my current games work on the new PS3 console that i buy from here?
Most of the games should be Region Free and Should work without a problem. Blu Ray discs however might be a problem as most of the Hollywood movies are Region Locked.
The PAL Vs NTSC formats too might not cause a problem too if you use HDMI with your HDTV. Not too sure on this one, probably somebody with real experience can comment on this.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:38   #1070
Senior - BHPian

I ordered Uncharted Trilogy from flipcart today priced at 2932. looks to be a better deal.
It has some great reviews from fellow members and game communities

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 18th October 2012 at 14:40.
Old 18th October 2012, 16:19   #1071
BHPian

Just wanted to know how many people here play PS3 online (I mean with other users on internet)? Although single player games are fun, I am sure playing these games with people online would be even more fun. Take FIFA for example - you can play alone all you want but your skills will be tested when you play against a real person.

Now the issue is I am not able to figure out how to connect my PS3 to the internet. I have a MTNL broadband connection but the telephone port is quite far from where I keep my console - In short the logistics are not supporting right now - I might have to buy very long wires and think of something but not convinient.

Other option is going the WiFi route - might have to buy a router etc. Just wanted to know how costly will it be? Will I get good speeds? Does anyone connect to PSN using MTNL broadband?
Old 18th October 2012, 16:46   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Will I get good speeds? Does anyone connect to PSN using MTNL broadband?

ive been using my mtnl connection with my ps3. played a lot of fifa, Cod,mass effect 3,borderlands. all online with other people. no lag and no issues faced so far. this is with both a wireless and a wired connection. Hope this helps.
Old 18th October 2012, 16:49   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
ive been using my mtnl connection with my ps3. played a lot of fifa, Cod,mass effect 3,borderlands. all online with other people. no lag and no issues faced so far. this is with both a wireless and a wired connection. Hope this helps.
Nice to hear that! Now the issue is MTNL requires a phone port - In my living room the phone port is quite far from where I keep my console. I think I will have to go the wireless way - Can you please mention which router do you use? Also are there any speeds difference in wired vs wireless?
Old 18th October 2012, 16:55   #1074
BHPian

There should be a minimal difference between a wired and a wireless connection. i just use the wired one cause even the controller is wireless and to minimise any bluetooth/wifi issues(have 3 systems already running off the wireless). i dont remember the model number of the wifi router, had got it from the mtnl guys. try talking to them to see if they can replace your modem with a wireless unit.

Last edited by lilMonSter : 18th October 2012 at 16:56.
Old 18th October 2012, 18:21   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to hear that! Now the issue is MTNL requires a phone port - In my living room the phone port is quite far from where I keep my console. I think I will have to go the wireless way - Can you please mention which router do you use? Also are there any speeds difference in wired vs wireless?
I have the Belkin G wireless router. Its radius is over 50 feet and the speed difference is barely noticable. You can also ask MTNL for the wireless modem, which I think is for free.
Old 20th October 2012, 12:33   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Most of the games should be Region Free and Should work without a problem. Blu Ray discs however might be a problem as most of the Hollywood movies are Region Locked.
The PAL Vs NTSC formats too might not cause a problem too if you use HDMI with your HDTV. Not too sure on this one, probably somebody with real experience can comment on this.
This is quite reassuring but,

Yesterday, I gave my old PS3 to the Sony Service Center and this is offer that I got

Offer 1

50% off on a refurbished PS3 ( Not a MOVE though). I need to pay a DD of Rs.9990 for same

Offer 2

30% off on a brand new PS3 MOVE ( Rs.19,990-30%= Rs.13990). I need to pay this amount via. DD to Sony Service Center

I opted for Offer 2 and should be getting a brand new PS3 Move in about 3-4 days timeframe

However, when i asked him whether my existing games will play. He said "NO" if i got them from USA

can someone reconfirm about the NTSC and PAL format thingy? Will my existing game work on new PS3 Move?

Now for some suggestions please :-

1. Which is a MUST game for the PS3 MOVE? Links to buy for same please?

2. Which is a MUST game for PS3 in general as been out of touch of PS3 for a while now? I have the following games and played almost all of them full :-

Rathchet and Clank -TOD
Assasin Creed 1 and 2
Code of War
GTA 4
Motorstorm
Prince of Persia- Sands of XXXX
Old 20th October 2012, 15:01   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
This is quite reassuring but,

Yesterday, I gave my old PS3 to the Sony Service Center and this is offer that I got
Even I would have gone with Option 2. I have never bought a game from US but have read that games from different regions should not be an issue. You can read more at:

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/foru...howtopic=35030
http://www.indianvideogamer.com/foru...howtopic=35269

PS Move:

A must have game is Sports Champions 1 (http://www.flipkart.com/sports-champ...er=from-search

Note that a 2nd edition of this game - Sports Champions is also coming in early November - This in IMO will be a superb game for Move users. You can pre-order if you want (http://www.flipkart.com/sports-champ...er=from-search

PS3:

A must have from my side would be the Uncharted Series - there are 3 editions of it. You can order the Trilogy at good rates from Flipkart (http://www.flipkart.com/uncharted-tr...er=from-search

You can also look here for other good games :http://www.metacritic.com/feature/25-best-ps3-games

Scroll down below to see the best games of all times. Uncharted 2 features in that list. Note that these are suggestions of Metacritic and I have not played them - You might like them or not like them. I am just trying to help here.

You can also try Batman:Arkham City, FIFA 13/12.

Last edited by Saanil : 20th October 2012 at 15:04.
Old 20th October 2012, 15:13   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Which is a MUST game for the PS3 MOVE? Links to buy for same please?

2. Which is a MUST game for PS3 in general as been out of touch of PS3 for a while now? I have the following games and played almost all of them full :-
I also do not think that games are region locked. you can play them in your new ps3 as well.

some must haves apart from what @saanil suggested is to have
GOW trilogy
NFS
Kill zone

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 20th October 2012 at 15:14.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:03   #1079
BHPian

Going through alternate pages in the thread, I got the essence that the indian gaming scene is not based much on PC, but on PS3 or Xbox.

A bit of orange to apple comparison here, the gaming scene is totally or mostly opposite to the western countries. they prefer PCs over consoles anytime. Well, most of them.
and the reason I think PC gaming isn't so well off in India is because 1. people do not exactly know the advantages of a PC-gaming unit, and 2-the gaming components for a PC are much more expensive.
But for the price tag you also get what you pay for, and a lot of times, more than what you paid for. Everything you can compare with the consoles would be so much better in the PCs. almost everything.
and lastly, Cheaper Games!
Plus, playing FPS on consoles is pretty tough and bad.
PC gaming FOREVER!
Old 21st October 2012, 09:15   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Some of the games which i like(d) -

Portal 2 -> Amazing!
Uncharted 2 and 3
God of War 1,2,3
Infamous 1/2
Heavy Rain -> Also is Move Enabled. The choices you take within the game lead to 22 different Endings!
Little Big Plant 1/2
L.A Noire - Solving Crimes. Pretty good, but some are too easy and can be played only once. Loses charm later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks