Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 22:23   #1186
BHPian

Anyone here have a review on Unchartered 3? The game seems to be out of stock in a lot of online stores and it seems really expensive as well at around 3 k. I've played 1 & 2 and really liked them. Worth spending 3k?
Old 18th December 2012, 03:03   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
A question for the Xbox gamers:

Enticed by better prices for the gaming software, ended up buying four titles in the US (Kinect Sports Ultimate, Disneyland adventures, Forza Horizon and Dance Central-3). Reading fine print on the boxes, I see that the games would only work on NTSC systems. Naturally, my Xbox bought in India is a PAL one. So would any of these games work for me? I can open the covers and pop it in to check, but, if it is sure to not work I'm thinking a sealed pack would be easier to return or resell...

Thanks for reading and all advice is welcome

Cheers,
Su-47
I think it won't work. Its very region specific. But then i don't own a xbox so i may be wrong too.
Old 18th December 2012, 04:54   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Enticed by better prices for the gaming software, ended up buying four titles in the US (Kinect Sports Ultimate, Disneyland adventures, Forza Horizon and Dance Central-3). Reading fine print on the boxes, I see that the games would only work on NTSC systems. Naturally, my Xbox bought in India is a PAL one. So would any of these games work for me? I can open the covers and pop it in to check, but, if it is sure to not work I'm thinking a sealed pack would be easier to return or resell...

Cheers,
Su-47
Look here

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-x...ide-49-en.html
Old 18th December 2012, 10:35   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Got 3 games this week - all for PS3:
Most probably will start with Red Dead as I have heard its a classic for PS3.
If you want to play a classic, then play Uncharted series. Details below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
Anyone here have a review on Unchartered 3? The game seems to be out of stock in a lot of online stores and it seems really expensive as well at around 3 k. I've played 1 & 2 and really liked them. Worth spending 3k?
Uncharted 3 is a must have in your collection if you have loved 1 and 2. There was a Triology pack available on flipkart for 2.9k. 3k is too high for a single game. Couple of my friends bought it.

http://www.flipkart.com/uncharted-tr...logy%20edition

Last edited by _raVan_ : 18th December 2012 at 10:39.
Old 18th December 2012, 11:29   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
If you want to play a classic, then play Uncharted series. Details below.
I have finished UC1 and UC2. Took a break from the UC series - will complete UC3 after I complete some other games. I too ordered the Trilogy from Flipkart itself - Real VFM deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Congrats on your new purchases. All are pretty good games in their genre. Read Dead Redemption - i guess you bought GOTY over standard one. Its one of the very open-world games.

So, you still playing with that AVI cable ? You have to use that hdmi to get the best output and graphics. You will see the difference one you change it to hdmi. So, stop being lazy and resolve the issue, somehow!
Yes - Red Dead Redemption is truly awesome. This is the first game I am playing of this genre - Open world gameplay. I am really enjoying riding horses . This is not the GOTY edition - I bought this from some one else, so it is second hand. I guess I will do the standard edition only. After completing this I will try to complete Top Spin 4 and Dirt 3 and then move on to Uncharted 3. Playing UC series one after the other was getting monotonous.

Thanks for HDMI warning. Which games are you playing these days?
Old 18th December 2012, 11:43   #1191
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Su-47
Most of the games marked for NTSC can be played on PAL consoles, but only if they are region free. a quick search on internet tells that kinect sports ultimate (season 1 and 2) are region free, so they should be playable on the PAL console without any problem.

I own a NTSC console and played dead space 2 pal version on it without any problem.

If you are in bangalore, you can trade-in the (opened) games at CEX store (phoenix market city) for any of the preowned PAL games available there.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:02   #1192
BHPian

Thanks @chevelle for the link, and @rishie for the CEX idea.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 18th December 2012, 15:14   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes - Red Dead Redemption is truly awesome. This is the first game I am playing of this genre - Open world gameplay. I am really enjoying riding horses . This is not the GOTY edition - I bought this from some one else, so it is second hand. I guess I will do the standard edition only. After completing this I will try to complete Top Spin 4 and Dirt 3 and then move on to Uncharted 3. Playing UC series one after the other was getting monotonous.
RDR is superb! The graphics and terrain simulation is wonderful. Try Virtua Tennis too if you want a good Tennis game. I found VT4 better than TS4. Try the demo.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:23   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
RDR is superb! The graphics and terrain simulation is wonderful. Try Virtua Tennis too if you want a good Tennis game. I found VT4 better than TS4. Try the demo.
When I was looking for a good tennis game - I was confused between TS4 and Grand Slam Tennis 2. I did not consider VT4. Saw some video reviews online and concluded that TS4 is more simulation whereas GST2 is more arcade types.

I have not yet connected the PS3 to internet hence will not be able to play the demo. Need to buy a long LAN cable for playing online.

How many people here play online multiplayer on PS3 here?
Old 19th December 2012, 22:35   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
Uncharted 3 is one of the best games on PS3. Must play, if you ask me. No wonder why ign gave it a 10/10 .But, 3K ?. As Ravan and Saanil said, Trilogy is pure VFM. If you want UC3, i suggest you look in Ebay. There is a Game of the year edition out. But that one. Dont buy standard one. The GOTY has all the dlcs and will fetch you more resale value, if you're the kind of guy who plays and sells. Even if you are a collector, buy the GOTY edition of any game, if they are available. They offer the complete game experience. The GOTY one is bundled with new PS3, so many sell their sealed copies they get free from new PS3. You can easily find one for 1500 or so. PM me if you cant find a copy. I shall help you.

Quote:
Thanks for HDMI warning. Which games are you playing these days?
Trust me. Once you play in HD quality, you wont play again on AVI cable. Well, i have many games to finish bro. Currently playing Journey Collectors edition games(It has 6 small psn games) + Dishonored. Dishonored is fantastic BTW.

Quote:
I have not yet connected the PS3 to internet hence will not be able to play the demo. Need to buy a long LAN cable for playing online.How many people here play online multiplayer on PS3 here?
i haven't started Multiplayer yet because of limited broadband usage. If you have wifi modem or router, that will do. You can even buy playstation+ account and download games via there ; i mean, if you don't want to sell the games you buy, then, ps+ is better. Too many good games coming these days. You get around 40-44 games every year. Its VFM, if you're okay with playing a bit-old, but good games.Do have a look into that.
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:11   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post

Trust me. Once you play in HD quality, you wont play again on AVI cable.
Hi,
So I am still not able to solve the HDMI issue on my PS3.

So I have the PS3 connected to my TV via both AV cables and HDMI chord. Initially the PS3 has red light. I press the power button and keep it pressed till I hear the 2nd beep. When the display starts I get a message:
"An HDMI connection was detected. Do you want Audio and Video via HDMI?"

I press yes and then it just goes blank. I switch the TV source back and forth from AV to HDMI but its black screen in both sources.

Please tell me how to get HDMI working on my PS3? I have tried a different cable too but the same thing is happening. Plus the PS3 is able to detect HDMI when is displays the message "An HDMI connection was detected. Do you want Audio and Video via HDMI?" so I do not think the cable is the issue.

Any other suggestions?
Old 24th December 2012, 18:35   #1197
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

So I have the PS3 connected to my TV via both AV cables and HDMI chord. Initially the PS3 has red light. I press the power button and keep it pressed till I hear the 2nd beep. When the display starts I get a message:

I press yes and then it just goes blank. I switch the TV source back and forth from AV to HDMI but its black screen in both sources.

Please tell me how to get HDMI working on my PS3? I have tried a different cable too but the same thing is happening. Plus the PS3 is able to detect HDMI when is displays the message "An HDMI connection was detected. Do you want Audio and Video via HDMI?" so I do not think the cable is the issue.

Any other suggestions?
Do you get the same problem if connected on different inputs ? HDMI1,HDMI2?
Are you using any other HDMI device with your TV , does it work ?
Have you tried connecting the PS3 to any-other TV via HDMI?
Also try connecting with the AV cables removed before boot. How much did you wait on the black screen? Try waiting upto 5 minutes if not.

Last edited by k2max6 : 24th December 2012 at 18:36.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:15   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Do you get the same problem if connected on different inputs ? HDMI1,HDMI2?
Are you using any other HDMI device with your TV , does it work ?
Have you tried connecting the PS3 to any-other TV via HDMI?
Also try connecting with the AV cables removed before boot. How much did you wait on the black screen? Try waiting upto 5 minutes if not.
Yes - I did try other HDMI slots. All have the same problem. I am using a TATA SKY HD set top box which is working flawless.

While connection PS3 to the TV via HDMI - I have tried both (with STB and without STB - both are not working)

I do not have another HDTV at home. Taking the entire system to a relative/friend to check is .

Well, I wait for 30-40 secs. I guess I will try waiting for 5 mins also since I am trying out almost everything.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:17   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried a Video reset?

With the PS3 in stand by mode (red light on front of the PS3), hold the power button down until you hear a couple of beeps .
The PS3 should turn on and automatically reset giving you the best settings for the type of TV and cable being used. And yes when you try this have the PS3 connected only via the HDMI cable, remove the AV cables.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:19   #1200
BHPian

Quote:

Yes - I did try other HDMI slots. All have the same problem. I am using a TATA SKY HD set top box which is working flawless.

While connection PS3 to the TV via HDMI - I have tried both (with STB and without STB - both are not working)

I do not have another HDTV at home. Taking the entire system to a relative/friend to check is .

Well, I wait for 30-40 secs. I guess I will try waiting for 5 mins also since I am trying out almost everything.
I meant the AV cables from the PS3. Make sure only the HDMI is connected.
If nothing works u'll have to do a hard reset.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks