Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 23:22   #1216
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Not online.I wanted to know if itll be available at any shop.And also if i add an external harddrive to my 12gb ps3 will i lose the 12 gb space?Its flash memory.
I don't think you can keep that 12gb along with the additional hard-disk you add. I have come across a guy who have upgraded to 500gb .But, why you wanna keep that 12, when you have 500gigs to do the job ?
Old 30th December 2012, 07:00   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I don't think you can keep that 12gb along with the additional hard-disk you add. I have come across a guy who have upgraded to 500gb .But, why you wanna keep that 12, when you have 500gigs to do the job ?
Because its a solid state drive.I thought i can use it for saving game data and the other hard drive for other stuff.
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:37   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this has been answered somewhere, but still asking again:
Will this XBOX work in India?
I am not sure about NTSC/ PAL and the 110/ 220 V ratings
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Kinec...box+360+kinect

It is the cheapest way to own an XBOX (includes free shipping) at the moment.
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:06   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Maybe this has been answered somewhere, but still asking again:
Will this XBOX work in India?
I am not sure about NTSC/ PAL and the 110/ 220 V ratings

It will work, you will need an indian power adaptor and will need to log a call with MS in India, they used to replace the US power adaptor with the Indian one FOC and might still be doing it.

The free shipping offer from amazon is for US only and I guess you are in US at the moment, planning to bring it over with you? else there could be international shipping cost and some custom tax involved too.
Old 3rd January 2013, 16:28   #1220
Senior - BHPian

^Free International shipping (includes India).
After customs, cost will be about Rs. 17500.

I checked another forum and came to know that FOC replacement has been stopped by Microsoft from 1 October 2012. So, an additional 4200 INR to be spent.

The equivalent model is available in India for about Rs. 25000.

Edit: What about the NTSC/ Pal thing? Will this console work with a Plasma TV sold in India? I can use HDMI cable.

Last edited by S_U_N : 3rd January 2013 at 16:29.
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:09   #1221
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: What about the NTSC/ Pal thing? Will this console work with a Plasma TV sold in India? I can use HDMI cable.
Cool, didn't know amazon offered free international shipping too. If so, you should be good.

With HDMI, the NTSC/PAL won't matter, I think all newer models support all formats for SD as well, which TV you own/will use?
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:57   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Cool, didn't know amazon offered free international shipping too. If so, you should be good.
Yes. But very limited products.

Quote:
With HDMI, the NTSC/PAL won't matter, I think all newer models support all formats for SD as well, which TV you own/will use?
What does SD mean? Standard Definition? How is it relevant to XBOX display on TV?

Plan is to buy this after I buy my Plasma GT50.
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:59   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
What does SD mean? Standard Definition? How is it relevant to XBOX display on TV?
Plan is to buy this after I buy my Plasma GT50.
I'm not so sure about the display. But, it seems i have read from somewhere that US versions requires widescreen(HD res) or so for running. Not sure about this. I read something like that . But, dont remember correctly.

The offer seems good. But, can i ask one doubt. But, the Xbox games are region protected na ? So, if you buy this here, will you be able to play the Xbox games from India ? Pardon me, if I'm wrong here ,I'm a ps3 guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Amazon ships orders with value over 125USD freely to India,except those items which are not applicable for international shipping.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 3rd January 2013 at 20:00.
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:52   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
After customs, cost will be about Rs. 17500.

I checked another forum and came to know that FOC replacement has been stopped by Microsoft from 1 October 2012. So, an additional 4200 INR to be spent.

The equivalent model is available in India for about Rs. 25000.

Why not buy it from India itself ? Without bill - its same as buying from Abroad.. You anyway won't have a valid Indian Warranty. You can test it and you'll get the indian spec adapter.
You should not compare the with bill price of India and USA.

NTSC/PAL thing is for games for the console. Your HDTV will play both.

You can also consider the PS3 move which is available for 19k with warranty in india.

Last edited by k2max6 : 3rd January 2013 at 20:55.
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:35   #1225
BHPian

Finally finished playing Red Dead Redemption (RDR). The game was quite different from whatever limited games I had played. Although I liked the game I still had a few issues with the game. The game’s UI is not as helpful as that of Uncharted. There are many features of the game which I came to know after accidentally trying out different things ex: Using the map to mark out your route, saving the game. In Uncharted series saving the game is very easy but in RDR it is not that straight forward.

The ending of the game is a bit hard to digest – I will not reveal any spoilers but the moment you think the game has finished, there will still be stuff to do. In my case I thought I had finished the game but then when I read some stuff about the game’s ending online, I realized that I had actually not finished the game and that there was still one mission to finish. Such things do not happen in say Uncharted. Note that I am not saying that the ending is bad or anything but a person should know when the game has finished. Play yourself and you will get my point.

I would highly recommend all console users to play RDR. I have already started with 2 games thereafter – Uncharted 3 (finished 40% of it) and Top Spin 4 (playing the career mode). Top Spin 4 is seriously great tennis – although it becomes a bit boring after you keep playing alone with the AI of the game; but playing it on multiplayer would be some serious fun. Uncharted 3 is also good story wise but somehow I feel it is becoming repetitive.
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:24   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Finally finished playing Red Dead Redemption (RDR). The game was quite different from whatever limited games I had played. Although I liked the game I still had a few issues with the game. The game’s UI is not as helpful as that of Uncharted.
Haha. That's typical i guess. I mean, its a non-linear and open-world game over uncharted series. So, you cant really say finished until you finish every damn missions, including simple yet boring side missions. You can try out the Mass effect series, if you want. They too are pretty open-world atmosphere and one of the best RPGs .

Anyways, congrats on finishing it.Any plans on new buys ? I'm still playing RDR BTW.
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:52   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Haha. That's typical i guess. I mean, its a non-linear and open-world game over uncharted series. So, you cant really say finished until you finish every damn missions, including simple yet boring side missions. You can try out the Mass effect series, if you want. They too are pretty open-world atmosphere and one of the best RPGs .

Anyways, congrats on finishing it.Any plans on new buys ? I'm still playing RDR BTW.
Thanks man! How many games are there in the Mass Effect series? Are they fantasy types games? RPG means role playing right? Even RDR comes in that category then?

So I have decided to complete all the games I have and then only buy new games. Currently I have 3 unfinished games - Uncharted 3, Top Spin 4 and Dirt 3. After I finish them, I have shortlisted Batman series - Batman Arkham City and Batman Arkham Asylum. Have you played any of the batman games? Are these in continuation? As in do I need to play one first and then move on to the next or can I just play any one? I do not mind playing both if they are good.

After Batman, I guess I will finish up Little Big Planet series. Also I have read people going crazy about God of War series. How many games are there in the series?

Then there is GTA 4. I guess for PS3 there is only GTA 4 in the Grand Theft series right?

Damn - So many games to play. Fortunately or unfortunately this is what happens when one buys a console at the end of its life cycle. Rumours are already going about Sony and Microsoft announcing their new generation consoles in coming months.

Last edited by Saanil : 3rd January 2013 at 23:53.
Old 4th January 2013, 12:51   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not so sure about the display. But, it seems i have read from somewhere that US versions requires widescreen(HD res) or so for running. Not sure about this. I read something like that . But, dont remember correctly.
Not heard of this before.

Quote:

The offer seems good. But, can i ask one doubt. But, the Xbox games are region protected na ? So, if you buy this here, will you be able to play the Xbox games from India ? Pardon me, if I'm wrong here ,I'm a ps3 guy.
Yes. There are some sites like Play Asia which give you a list of games available for various regions. It should be possible to get games which work in all regions, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Why not buy it from India itself ? Without bill - its same as buying from Abroad..
That is a good suggestion. I will have to find out if getting gray market is even an option for me here in Pune. I am not aware of any places where they sell without bill.

Quote:

You can also consider the PS3 move which is available for 19k with warranty in india.
Somehow PS3 has not impressed me. The small device in hand is not something that I would want to hold.
In times of excitement, I fear that my little son may just lose grip of that small torch like piece and it might hit the TV. Just paranoid.
Old 4th January 2013, 21:53   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Thanks man!(...)Damn - So many games to play. Fortunately or unfortunately this is what happens when one buys a console at the end of its life cycle. Rumours are already going about Sony and Microsoft announcing their new generation consoles in coming months.
-ME series has 3 games, ME1,ME2 and ME3. Yep. RDR itself is an RPG. If you're planning on buying ME, i suggest, you wait for a month more, until ME trilogy comes out.

-I suggest you don't rush on finishing Dirt. Its a fun game and i suggest you play it occasionally, so as to not loose the fun factor.Playing racing continuously will get you bored.

-Batman:AA and AC are both very good games. Although they aren't totally prequel-sequel thing, i suggest you play AA before AC. Both AA and AC have their GOTY editions out. Buy only the GOTY ones, don't buy the normal one. GOTY has all the dlcs in the disc. Also, you can get used copies of GOTY ones, since all dlcs are on the disc, unlike codes.

-LBP is a very good series and a collectors game. Don't rush on finishing it. Very good game. You will love it.

-GOW series have 5 games released so far. The next one is GOW:Ascension and it will be out in March. GOW is also another PS exclusive like Uncharted and a must play series. But, i suggest you buy the Saga one. It includes all the 5 games as a single bundle. But, 2games are to be downloaded.I guess you have a good internet connection to solve that out. Saga is not released in India yet. Buy it from Play-Asia(PA) or Shopto.

http://www.play-asia.com/God_of_War_...n-70-5807.html

Check PA regularly for good offers. Buy it when such a offer comes. You can easily get it for 1600 or so. And for 5 games, its purely VFM.

-GTA4 is only there for PS3, although SanAndreas is available in digital format. If you plan on buying it, buy the Complete Edition.IT has the normal GTA4 + Episodes from liberty city together.

-Dont worry on the news of PS4. Good thing is, now , you can get very good games released back in '06-'11 for cheap. 2013 games will also be on PS3. So, don't worry.

Gosh, this was a long reply .

Quote:
Yes. There are some sites like Play Asia which give you a list of games available for various regions. It should be possible to get games which work in all regions, I guess.
Well, Play-Asia takes around 2weeks for delivery. So, i think, its better to buy a Indian Spec Xbox to avoid the hassle.

Quote:
Somehow PS3 has not impressed me. The small device in hand is not something that I would want to hold.
In times of excitement, I fear that my little son may just lose grip of that small torch like piece and it might hit the TV. Just paranoid.
The Move bundle is not of much use, except for kiddos who love to play with 'em. But, i think Ps3 has a few advantages over Xbox :

1. You get around 40-50games for free, if you get a PS+ 1year membership. PSN is free, unlike Xbox Live.

2. Somehow, i think, there are more PS gamers in India, over Xbox gamers. The chances of getting a used copy is more.

3. You have some awesome games like Killzone, uncharted, Journey for PS3. Of-course, Xbox has halo, Witcher etc. But, Witcher , Halo etc can be played on PC as well. So, i think PS3 has an advantage.
Old 4th January 2013, 22:01   #1230
BHPian

Quote:

Added this to the cart, and gave an address in India for delivery. It said, can't deliver this to the address chosen, select some other address..

Anyone else tried this out?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks