Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 13:27   #106
BHPian

Can some one help with the name of the website that let's you order things from US websites and ships them to India. I had read about it on Team-BHP but can't find the thread anymore.

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2009, 14:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

You mean Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands ?
Old 9th November 2009, 15:35   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
That's the one! Thanks a lot .
Old 9th November 2009, 15:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here used their services ? I have a fetish for watches , especially the chronos and their prices are simply mouth watering. I need to know is it safe to use their services.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:01   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Anyone here used their services ? I have a fetish for watches , especially the chronos and their prices are simply mouth watering. I need to know is it safe to use their services.
I have used their service and good too. I am from bangalore.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Anyone here used their services?
I placed an order with them for some Garmin accessory. They immediately debited my card a/c. Promised delivery was 3-4 weeks. Didn't deliver even after a month. When pressed, they refunded my amount in about 1 month 10 days from date of order w/o any interest and I missed my Diwali gift too, while waiting for them to deliver .

-BJ
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:14   #112
BHPian

Hi guys,

I require some info...

I was planning to order N900 and it will be delivered in US to my friends place...He will ship it to India.

I want to know how much custom duty will imposed on this. Any info/advice??

Regards,
Indy
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:26   #113

custom charges 2-5% or no customs depending on their mood.. till 200$ you can claim free without any customs.

and delivery charges varies on which service you use. Fedex,UPS.. ranging from 30-50$
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:59   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
custom charges 2-5% or no customs depending on their mood.. till 200$ you can claim free without any customs.

and delivery charges varies on which service you use. Fedex,UPS.. ranging from 30-50$
Thanks indie

If it's just 2-5% , I can go ahead with it, otherwise..It'll be funny to order a phone whose cost will come equal to the one sold here in later months.

Indy

Last edited by inder_s1 : 23rd November 2009 at 20:02.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:16   #115
BHPian

Package at Mumbai Customs, I am in Gurgaon

I had ordered a small embedded computer board and a mini-pci wireless card from Switzerland via express parcel service of Swisspost. The value including packaging, shipping etc is $254.

Their website says that package entered Indian Customs on 31st Oct 2009. As landing port for posts from Zurich is Mumbai, the latest status that I received from Foreign Post Office on phone was that it is detained at customs and I should visit the customs office.

I tried explaining to the guy picking up the phone many times that I am in Gurgaon, but he always thinks that it is Goregaon

I haven't even received any letter from the customs as well. What should be the next move from my side in this case? I do not have a local tracking number of the package even.
Old 24th November 2009, 01:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
I had ordered a small embedded computer board and a mini-pci wireless card from Switzerland via express parcel service of Swisspost. The value including packaging, shipping etc is $254.

Their website says that package entered Indian Customs on 31st Oct 2009. As landing port for posts from Zurich is Mumbai, the latest status that I received from Foreign Post Office on phone was that it is detained at customs and I should visit the customs office.

I tried explaining to the guy picking up the phone many times that I am in Gurgaon, but he always thinks that it is Goregaon

I haven't even received any letter from the customs as well. What should be the next move from my side in this case? I do not have a local tracking number of the package even.
The international tracking number is fine. Just send someone to the postal customs office in Mumbai (there are 2, where it ends up depends on the first 2 letters of the tracking code, please paste them here) to inquire on your behalf. If you want the parcel picked up, your guy will need an authorization letter from you, preferably as an affidavit along with some original photo identification of himself. That, along with hand-grease should be enough to get your parcel out of customs.
Old 25th November 2009, 01:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The international tracking number is fine. Just send someone to the postal customs office in Mumbai (there are 2, where it ends up depends on the first 2 letters of the tracking code, please paste them here) to inquire on your behalf.
The international tracking number for my package starts with CE and ends with CH.
Old 25th November 2009, 01:41   #118
Senior - BHPian

Your package is at the Ballard Estate SpeedPost office, Churchgate, Mumbai. The people are nice and will help you out if you approach them properly. Have anyone who can go there and deal with them?
Old 25th November 2009, 18:03   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Your package is at the Ballard Estate SpeedPost office, Churchgate, Mumbai. The people are nice and will help you out if you approach them properly. Have anyone who can go there and deal with them?

Thanks for your help pranavt. I called up Mumbai FPO again and this time I was told that my package is at Delhi Postal Customs. The person also gave me phone number for Delhi FPO-Customs.

Delhi FPO-Customs person was also really nice. He took my shipment tracking number and my phone number, called me back in 10 mins to inform that it has been lying there since 5th Nov. I will be visiting them tomorrow I guess.

I have taken prints of invoice, paypal receipt and credit card statement to make my point that shipper has not quoted a lower value on the invoice along with the shipment.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:51   #120
BHPian

Hey guys,
I am tempted to order Mobile phone from ebay.com for around 250-290$. Can some guide me how to get it shipped in India with the following option:
1. Get the seller to mark it with low value and as gift : I think it would be quite risky since if the customs officer opens it and seeing it, he can charge any duty( upto 100%) depending on his mood. But in this case, if I dont go to customs to clear it, can I claim my purchase amount under ebay protection saying that the item has not reached my place?
2. Correctly mark the value and pay customs duty, can someone tell me how much duty I may need to pay ?

Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks