Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 00:57   #361
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Guys one doubt, please help me out :

How is Axis Debit Card capable of getting accepted for usage by Amazon.com ? One of my friend used it during Black Friday. Can other Visa Debit Cards be used on other international shops ?

So, I'm planning on getting a credit-card for Dad.Is there any type, like Visa/Master-card for credit-cards as well ? If so, which is better for international shopping?

Thanks in advance
Old 6th January 2013, 09:03   #362
BANNED

Has anyone any experience with online grocery shopping - ekstop.com, localbanya.com, bigbasket.com etc?

Last edited by carboy : 6th January 2013 at 09:11.
Old 6th January 2013, 09:11   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Has anyone any experience with online grocery shopping - ekstop.com, localbanya.com etc?
Used bigbasket.com buygreenz.com freshbuyz.com and a few others.

Generally satisfied with them
Old 6th January 2013, 09:21   #364
BHPian

How about the indiatimes and timesofindia shopping advertisements in their respective papers. Have seen a bosch driller with some extra tools as a free for some 2.5k

Worth buying them?
Old 6th January 2013, 10:17   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone any experience with online grocery shopping - ekstop.com, localbanya.com, bigbasket.com etc?
In BLR, have ordered from Towness.in. Generally good stuff and prompt on delivery. Priced reasonably as well.

My experience with bigbasket has been mixed. The quality of their stuff is quite good and great variety. But the only problem is that they would deliver 90% of your order and not have stock of 10% of the stuff although it mentions "Available" on their website. They will provide store credit which you can adjust against future orders. I have made online payment, so you are forced to buy from them again to utilise the store credit. I would suggest to use the COD option, since you need to pay only for what is delivered and not get stuck in the credit note issue.
Old 11th January 2013, 11:45   #366
BHPian

Spice Jet Big Sale on tickets is back

Spicejet is offering a big sale on tickets from 11th to 13th Jan 2013. Over 10 lakhs seats are available

Terms and Conditions
  • Offer valid for bookings made between 11th Jan to 13th Jan 2013.
  • Offer is valid for bookings made through www.spicejet.com, online travel agents and other travel agencies only.
  • Valid for travel between 1st Feb. to 30th Apr., 2013.
  • Valid on direct flights only. Not valid for via or onward flights.
  • Limited inventory available under the offer, subject to availability.
  • Offer valid across SpiceJet's domestic network only. Not valid on international flights.
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other offers/discounts/promotions from SpiceJet.
  • Normal cancellation and rescheduling charges apply.
  • Tickets booked under the offer are non-transferable. No name changes permitted.
  • Offer valid on both one-way and round-trip bookings (Available under Regular basic fare).
  • Offer valid for FIT bookings only. Not applicable for group bookings.
  • SpiceJet Limited reserves the right to amend/modify/cancel the offer without any prior intimation.
Source - www.spicejet.com

Mods - Posted for the benefit of members. Please relocate if deemed inappropriate
Old 11th January 2013, 15:32   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Guys beware of ordering anything from Greendust ( http://www.greendust.com ) Getting refund or replacement is next to impossible. This is my worst experience in online shopping. And I've quite a veteran in online shopping. In addition to Indian sites I regularly order from various USA, UK, Chinese sites.
Archat,

Do you buy electronics from Chinese sites? If yes, could you please provide me reliable websites? If you feel uncomfortable posting online, you could PM me.

thanks.
Old 11th January 2013, 15:50   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Big basket good for branded things which are packed and they do deliver at booked slots
If you go for vegetables/fruits you may need to find cows and goat to feed these
Old 11th January 2013, 15:58   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Archat,

Do you buy electronics from Chinese sites? If yes, could you please provide me reliable websites? If you feel uncomfortable posting online, you could PM me.

thanks.
Bought a few products including a car scanner from Aliexpress (www.Aliexpress.com). So far no problem.

EDIT

Also don't forget Dealextreme (www.DX.com).

Last edited by archat68 : 11th January 2013 at 16:03.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:00   #370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Archat,

thanks.
Hmm, why should he feeling unconformable? I am also interested in reliable Chinese sites for electronics and other things also. So please post here.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:02   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Bought a few products including a car scanner from Aliexpress (www.Aliexpress.com). So far no problem.
Do they ship to India also as I am looking to buy laptop battery worth $30
Old 11th January 2013, 16:21   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Do they ship to India also as I am looking to buy laptop battery worth $30
Yes they do. Some of the sellers have free shipping too. Check the site. Also, they have a protection like ebay. Your payment is held by Aliexpress and is remitted to seller only after you acknowledge receipt of the product in good condition.

There are other sites too pandawill, focalprice, dhgate are some of them. But I've only used DX and Aliexpress. In fact one of my order with Aliexpress was for 350USD. No problem - shipped by Aramex, received without paying any Customs duty as they under declared the value.

The Chinese sellers generally are very responsive in solving any problem with your order since there is extreme competition in the Chinese market.

But go through the listing very thoroughly before placing an order.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:29   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they do. Some of the sellers have free shipping too. Check the site. Also, they have a protection like ebay. Your payment is held by Aliexpress and is remitted to seller only after you acknowledge receipt of the product in good condition.

There are other sites too pandawill, focalprice, dhgate are some of them. But I've only used DX and Aliexpress. In fact one of my order with Aliexpress was for 350USD. No problem - shipped by Aramex, received without paying any Customs duty as they under declared the value.

The Chinese sellers generally are very responsive in solving any problem with your order since there is extreme competition in the Chinese market.

But go through the listing very thoroughly before placing an order.
Thanks archat
Yes I have located one seller who ships free to India and thinking to place an order
I guess we can use our existing CC without any security threat with INR to $ conversion
Aslo I go with seller feedback for trust. Is this sufficient?
Sorry for asking so many Q's
Old 11th January 2013, 16:36   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks archat
Yes I have located one seller who ships free to India and thinking to place an order
I guess we can use our existing CC without any security threat with INR to $ conversion
I used my CC for making the payment. You will be charged about 4% by your card issuing branch as foreign currency conversion charges.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:19   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks archat
Use dx, focalprice, and lightinthebox without worry. All three have free shipping to India. Set up your PayPal account, and you'll be good to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks