Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 04:49   #676
BHPian

Flipkart has been doing an excellent service till date. 4 deliveries within 15 days all orders placed on Saturday night/midnight and promptly delivered on the following Monday. The delivery guy delivered one of the consignment weighing close to 3kgs by 10pm yesterday after getting my permission to deliver it by that time. Will I go for FK again? Certainly yes :-)
Old 13th August 2013, 12:52   #677
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I placed 3 orders on Saturday 10th Aug, one each on Amazon, Flipkart & EBAY. Monday early Morning I received my package from Amazon, Afternoon from Flipkart and till date no information from EBAY.

Tried contacting the seller but there was no response. As per Paisapay the time given to the seller is till 17th August.

Kiran
Old 13th August 2013, 15:01   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Flipkart has been doing an excellent service till date. 4 deliveries within 15 days all orders placed on Saturday night/midnight and promptly delivered on the following Monday. The delivery guy delivered one of the consignment weighing close to 3kgs by 10pm yesterday after getting my permission to deliver it by that time. Will I go for FK again? Certainly yes :-)
The key to ordering in Flipkart is to check whether it says "In Stock" and "Delivered in X days" if "X" is 2 to 3 days, rest assured that it will get delivered very fast - else you may have to wait a while.

I have been ordering from Flipkart almost since 2008 and the service levels have always been excellent. Their prices are on the higher side though.
Old 13th August 2013, 15:54   #679
Senior - BHPian

For grocery I am very pleased with Zopnow.com the service is excellent and would recommend them highly.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:55   #680
BHPian

I had ordered a set of headphones via ebay.in through the seller 'bombaymall'. Had made prompt credit card payment on 8th Aug, but the seller hasn't shipped the item till date.
Ebay had sent me a sms stating the last date for the seller to ship the item is today, 14th Aug. Lets see if that happens or not.
I have not had such an experience with any seller till date. All have been shipped within a couple of days. Messages to the seller have gone unanswered. Beware before buying from this seller.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:29   #681
Senior - BHPian

If he does not ship by the last date then just claim for refund through ebay.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:46   #682
Senior - BHPian

@Carzone: Don't worry, seller may ask for an extension if he wants. If he doesn't send the product by the stipulated date, ebay will automatically mark the order as cancelled and will refund the money.
Old 14th August 2013, 11:30   #683
BHPian

I ordered Jabra Bluetooth speaker - Jabra Drive for car from EBay on 8th aug. the estimated delivery date is 14th Aug. I haven't seen any movement in the status. I am still seeing it as not shipped.

Till now I sent 3 emails to the seller, non I got in response.

The seller is SameerKochi.

Finally I sent email to eBay support yesterday. I will wait for eBay response and then will initiate refund.
Old 14th August 2013, 11:38   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
@Carzone: Don't worry, seller may ask for an extension if he wants. If he doesn't send the product by the stipulated date, ebay will automatically mark the order as cancelled and will refund the money.
Agreed. But speaking of my past experiences with ebay, this is way to slow. Also, this seller has a rating of 96%. I thought it would be a better experience considering my past dealings with ebay. I am not worried about my money, I know it is safe with ebay.

Last edited by carzone : 14th August 2013 at 11:43.
Old 14th August 2013, 11:53   #685
BHPian

Does Ebay.in has an Indian toll free no? or a phone no.? The toll free no. mentioned says international call charges is applicable :(
Old 14th August 2013, 13:27   #686
BHPian

And my struggles with dx.com continue..

After placing an order to test the waters - It been over 3 months now and there is no sign of the delivery yet. I have been asked to check my local post office.
Old 14th August 2013, 13:27   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Does Ebay.in has an Indian toll free no? or a phone no.? The toll free no. mentioned says international call charges is applicable :(
This link has their 1 800 xxxxxxx no. : http://ocsnext.ebay.in/ocs/home?

1 800 209 3229
Old 14th August 2013, 14:50   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I had ordered a set of headphones via ebay.in through the seller 'bombaymall'. Had made prompt credit card payment on 8th Aug, but the seller hasn't shipped the item till date.
Ebay had sent me a sms stating the last date for the seller to ship the item is today, 14th Aug. Lets see if that happens or not.
I have not had such an experience with any seller till date. All have been shipped within a couple of days. Messages to the seller have gone unanswered. Beware before buying from this seller.

Just came home to see that I had missed the courier. Got a sms at 12 that the item was shipped on 12th aug itself, but seems it was not updated in their system. Also, the seller has not yet replied to any of my mails. The courier will be re-delivered on the 16th now.
Old 14th August 2013, 16:36   #689
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have only shopped through e-bay a few times - so I am unsure of the procedures.

I ordered an item from a seller through Paisa Pay. I got a mail from Ebay that's it's supposed to be shipped before 1st August and I will get it before 7th August. Then I got a mail that it's shipped. Yesterday the seller phoned me and asked me if I have received the item - I said not yet. He said there was a mixup and the item I ordered went to someone else & I was shipped someone else's order - so he said I shouldn't accept the courier when it comes.

Now if he reships his item, it mostly will not come before 7th August. So I am wondering if the order never arrives or a wrong item arrives again - will I be able to dispute if it arrives say on 10th August?

The item itself is just Rs. 250.
This is what finally happened. I refused the courier when it came. The guy reshipped it again on 8th. 11th was the last day for me to dispute. So when the courier didn't come by 11th, I disputed the transaction on Paisa Pay and initiated a refund. The courier did come on the 12th and I cancelled my refund request. So all is well.
Old 14th August 2013, 17:26   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bought a Blackberry Car Charger for Rs.599 from Ebay. Seller sent the item after one week. Found the charger not working, had to courier it back to him that costed me Rs.100 bucks

He hasnt replaced with a new one yet. He doesnt even correspond.

When I remind him, he replies saying i will courier it today itself ( this was last wednesday) and iam yet to receive

How do I take a refund from Ebay?
Received a call from Ebay support and i emphatically told her that dont want the item and need the amount to be credited back to which she said it will be done in 3-4 days. All is well that ends well

Seeing lot of complaints in the previous posts on ebay. Indeed they have become shoddy. Is it a case of too many (dubious) sellers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks