Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 16:03   #1366
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I normally buy online, which saves my lot of time and money.
Apart for apparels, most of the stuffs from car accessories, detailers, electronics items to pens and sunglasses I buy online.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:06   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Received an e-mail from Flipkart that I get to be their Flipkart First subscriber free for the first 3 months.
Me too got the mail. But i don't see any special usage options in the website for this so far.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:55   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
The local stores (run by people from Kerala) in HSR Layout have atrocious pricing for vegetables and fruits, there are people to buy them
"Kerala people" buy vegetables from Tamil Nadu and sell to "Tamil people" in Bangalore at 10 times the price. Atrocious, isn't it?
Old 21st May 2014, 17:55   #1369
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Me too got the mail. But i don't see any special usage options in the website for this so far.
I too received a similar mail but shall wait till they unveil the D DAY!
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:49   #1370
anb
BHPian

Cheating by E bay seller samishah.0001 to remove negative feedback.

I have ordered an item "Bathroom Scale Personal Weighing Machine (Mechanical), Weight Check_T11MW1" on 3rd May 2014. It got delivered next week. But the product was defective, good for nothing. Then I have registered a claim on ebay. and send a negative feedback about the seller and the product.Then after some days I recieved a call from the number "+91226555695554" saying that they are from ebay and they will refund the money and request me to remove the negative feedback. I did the same. After some days I got an email from ebay that they are closing the claim due to no response. I called back at that number and and now they are saying that they are not from ebay. Now I understand the call from "+91226555695554"by was actually a trick by seller to get the negative feedback removed. Seller name is samishah.0001 .

http://www.ebay.in/usr/samishah.0001...p2047675.l2559

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2014 at 12:29. Reason: Editing typo in title
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:54   #1371
BHPian

Re: Cheating buy E bay seller samishah.0001 to remove negative feedback.

You should get in touch with e-bay. They are usually pretty responsive about settling such claims. I had once ordered a mobile mount for the car which arrived defective. I reported it and was refunded.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:59   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
. Now I understand the call from "+91226555695554"by was actually a trick by seller to get the negative feedback removed. Seller name is samishah.0001 .

looks like you got hoodwinked by the seller :(
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:53   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
looks like you got hoodwinked by the seller :(
Yes it does appear. I also once had an issue with a product which I ordered and I raised a claim. And I was fully refunded. I usually talk to customer service directly and enquire about status.

And anb why will eBay ask you to remove the negative feedback for a seller? I mean it's the seller who is getting a bad name and not eBay. So why will they talk to you on seller's behalf.

We'll raise a claim and mention this thing to eBay. Definitely the seller should be banned from eBay.

Hope everything gets sorted out. Do keep us updated. I am surprised that how cunning a seller can be.
Old 25th May 2014, 04:38   #1374
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Anyone hunting for a MacBook Air 11 inch can look on Amazon.in.
I bought one for my Dad yesterday from Croma at a big price off from the list price of 67900/-. I paid 59900 and got MS Office for Mac, free, worth Rs 4500/- to 5000/-.

Came back home and found while fiddling on Amazon.in, that one reseller was advertising the sale of a similar spec MacBook Air for Rs 49900/-. Even adding up the purchase of Office for Mac, the resultant price would be very nice. Fulfilled by Amazon.in so thats a good thing. Looks like there are a total of 11 offers at this price range right now.

I also saw one similar machine available on FlipKart at Rs 55000/- which, would have brought the price up to the same that I paid, with the addition of Office for Mac.

All in all that Amazon.in deal looks lovely and worth it.

Contrastingly, the prices of iPhone4S 8GB are best on FlipKart. There is a clean difference of Rs 2000/- for this between FK and Amazon.in with FK being the cheaper at Rs 23000/-, so I bought one on FK this time for my Mum for her birthday. Should get it today. Cant wait.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th May 2014 at 04:43.
Old 26th May 2014, 15:18   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Made my first purchase on Jabong.com.
Ordered a Casio Gshock watch on Saturday night, it was dispatched Sunday early morning, delivered to my home today (Monday) morning. Packing was neat & properly done!
Excellent service!
For the same Faster delivery, Flipkart would have charged Rs.90/- extra.
Old 26th May 2014, 15:36   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheating by E bay seller samishah.0001 to remove negative feedback.

Quote:
I have ordered an item "Bathroom Scale Personal Weighing Machine (Mechanical), Weight Check_T11MW1" on 3rd May 2014. It got delivered next week. But the product was defective, good for nothing. Then I have registered a claim on ebay. and send a negative feedback about the seller and the product.Then after some days I recieved a call from the number "+91226555695554" saying that they are from ebay and they will refund the money and request me to remove the negative feedback. I did the same. After some days I got an email from ebay that they are closing the claim due to no response. I called back at that number and and now they are saying that they are not from ebay. Now I understand the call from "+91226555695554"by was actually a trick by seller to get the negative feedback removed. Seller name is samishah.0001 .

I think the seller is banned now.

The User ID you entered was not found. Please check the User ID and try again.
Note: you can look up a member's eBay User ID if you know that member's email address.

EDIT: Not really..

Last edited by DCEite : 26th May 2014 at 15:37.
Old 26th May 2014, 15:44   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheating by E bay seller samishah.0001 to remove negative feedback.

Quote:
I have ordered an item "Bathroom Scale Personal Weighing Machine (Mechanical), Weight Check_T11MW1" on 3rd May 2014.
Bit OT, but you should always stick to brands when it comes to weighing scales. My Dr.Morepen mechanical scale is still going strong after 4 years of use (touchwood)!
Old 26th May 2014, 16:42   #1378
BHPian

I have bought one item in eBay (a car mobile holder with USB charger) on 12th May. However, after couple of days, i got a call from the seller saying that items is not available and they will be cancelling the order. I said ok. The order is cancelled and i got the refund.

However, i can see the item is still listed in eBay as available and today i gave a negative feedback for the seller (with the reason as item is continue to show available, but my order is cancelled). Now the seller called me saying, the stock available are damaged and thats why they cancelled the order and eBay takes time to remove the listing. And the seller want me to add positive comments.

Should i believe the seller or he is just trying tricks? The refund is promptly done, but i feel the active listing of item is misleading, so given the negative comment.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:19   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have bought one item in eBay (a car mobile holder with USB charger) on 12th May. However, after couple of days, i got a call from the seller saying that items is not available and they will be cancelling the order. I said ok. The order is cancelled and i got the refund.

However, i can see the item is still listed in eBay as available and today i gave a negative feedback for the seller (with the reason as item is continue to show available, but my order is cancelled). Now the seller called me saying, the stock available are damaged and thats why they cancelled the order and eBay takes time to remove the listing. And the seller want me to add positive comments.

Should i believe the seller or he is just trying tricks? The refund is promptly done, but i feel the active listing of item is misleading, so given the negative comment.
I guess you are being a little harsh on the seller on this issue.

Item not available communicated to you and also promptly refunded, from the seller point of view this seems to be ok. However if the item is still shown as available then it might be Ebay's internal issue. Remember seller is not gaining anything by mentioning the item as available - as anyway he is having to refund money to people who are buying it.

I guess benefit of doubt should be given to seller here.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:36   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I guess you are being a little harsh on the seller on this issue.

I guess benefit of doubt should be given to seller here.
+1 to this. Sellers normally would prefer to keep the item available and sell and that is how they make money. If it has been refunded, no need to penalize them.

Quote:

Trust the seller as they have been proactive. Just my 2 cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks