Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 09:57   #3646
BHPian

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I am planning to buy a Tab-Holder which would hang fom the back of the front passenger headrest. Found a few items, out of which Capdase is a known brand, but is expensive at 1000 bucks, A few generic ones are available at 700 bucks and a few at a lesser price.

So I am a little confused what should I buy - Capdase or any other brand ?
Anything inside the car must be strongly fixed or else you will have a ' flying missile' hazard. If the Capdase can hold a iPad 2, it can surely hold a Galaxy Tab. Just make sure that its base is securely bolted to the front seat.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:15   #3647
Senior - BHPian

A query for guys who routinely shop from Ali Express.

How do you track consignments after they have landed at Indian Airport? I had ordered some stuff from Ali Express and the item has landed in India 8 days back. This is what the tracking info says and it also says that tracking ends. http://track.yw56.com.cn/en-US/

It has been 8 days and is there no means to track what has happened to the item after that?
Old 28th July 2015, 12:25   #3648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

How do you track consignments after they have landed at Indian Airport?
Use 17Track. That have an App too and is user friendly.

You'll get all details from its shipping till arrival at your door step.
Old 28th July 2015, 13:06   #3649
BHPian

Did anyone face issues with Flipkart recently ?

Yesterday, I made a purchase on Flippy using my CC card. As usual, Flippy always saves the CC information. Being obsessed with security, after the purchase was made, went to my account and promptly deleted the CC card.

Now today, when I wanted to make another purchase, Flippy doesn't allow me the payment option !!!

Is it because there is no CC card attached to my account ?

Have cleared my session, cookies etc, but still facing the issue .

Did anyone also face the same !
Old 28th July 2015, 15:54   #3650
BHPian

Quote:

of 15 shipments I have received I have seen tracking once it lands in India is not reliable as seldom there are regular updates on either " http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking or http://www.17track.net/en " .

it takes normally 21 to 23 days from day of shipping from China to Bangalore if sent by China Post Registered Air Mail. Rarely it gets delayed by a week, items sent to Mumbai is quicker to receive than to Bangalore by China Post Registered Air Mail and far more reliable than Bangalore.

I have also got items even though tracking shows as "sent Item Abroad"

Last edited by Fabiaous : 28th July 2015 at 15:59. Reason: spelling
Old 28th July 2015, 18:03   #3651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How do you track consignments after they have landed at Indian Airport? I had ordered some stuff from Ali Express and the item has landed in India 8 days back. This is what the tracking info says and it also says that tracking ends. http://track.yw56.com.cn/en-US/

It has been 8 days and is there no means to track what has happened to the item after that?
My item has no tracking data after 30 June. It is now 27 days since last update. You are relatively well placed.
My item was went to Kolkata from Beijing.
Old 28th July 2015, 18:11   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by a seller to track here - www.indiapost.gov.in
It works well and shows me when item has been dispatched from Kolkata, when it has reached Chennai, when it has reached my local post office and also when it was delivered.
Old 28th July 2015, 18:13   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Yesterday, I made a purchase on Flippy using my CC card. As usual, Flippy always saves the CC information. Being obsessed with security, after the purchase was made, went to my account and promptly deleted the CC card.
I use to do the same. If they're not now letting you pay with CC, that's stupid. What if you wanted to use a different CC? If the item you're ordering is not too expensive, try COD instead?

Another oddity, Amazon.in would not let me look at today's deals without signing in. Danged if I'm going to sign-in just to see what's on offer.

What's with all these websites??
Old 28th July 2015, 22:41   #3654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Another oddity, Amazon.in would not let me look at today's deals without signing in. Danged if I'm going to sign-in just to see what's on offer.
Works fine for me - tested in incognito mode. Don't think they need you to sign in to know who you are (in most cases).
Old 29th July 2015, 09:08   #3655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I use to do the same. If they're not now letting you pay with CC, that's stupid. What if you wanted to use a different CC? If the item you're ordering is not too expensive, try COD instead?

What's with all these websites??
Sirji,

Thanks for your inputs. I am not able to enter Payment option itself. It just hangs, so no COD

Amazon, Yes, it behaved the way you described yesterday. Not sure about it today

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th July 2015 at 09:14. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 29th July 2015, 10:01   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Works fine for me - tested in incognito mode.
I only sign in when buying something; and my cookies get killed every time I close the browser. Never had a problem till yesterday. I thought it may have been a website glitch (some change they made broke this). But even today it's asking me to log in to see today's deals if I click the link on their website main page. Interestingly, if I click on "Today's Deals" in the emails Amazon send me, it goes directly to the deals page without asking me to sign in. Same browser, same browsing session. Definitely looks like a website glitch.

Clarification: I see there are two links on the main page. The one at the top works fine. I've always (till now) clicked on the larger "Today's Deals - Great Savings Every Day" link in the body of the page, and this is the link with the problem.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 29th July 2015 at 10:10.
Old 29th July 2015, 12:04   #3657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Full HD Dashcam for Rs 1,990. Excellent deal!

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...g/656059560877
Purchased it yesterday for 1999/- from Snapdeal Thanks for the lead.
Saw the price has increased to 2476 today..

BTW, the Yu fit band was up on Amazon today at 12 noon and got sold out in a few seconds.
Old 30th July 2015, 19:44   #3658
Senior - BHPian

I entered an incorrect pincode for Bangalore for a snapdeal product. The address is right but only the pincode is wrong. The product has arrived in Bangalore , what happens now ? I guess they'll call me and I can redirect them for delivery ?
Old 30th July 2015, 20:03   #3659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I entered an incorrect pincode for Bangalore for a snapdeal product. The address is right but only the pincode is wrong. The product has arrived in Bangalore , what happens now ? I guess they'll call me and I can redirect them for delivery ?
Call up the courier guys with the tracking number and get it sorted. Take the initiative before they screw up
Old 30th July 2015, 20:36   #3660
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a PS3 from Flipkart yesterday. Got delivered today (Flipkart Next Day Delivery)

The unit appears to be broken, the front panel is cracked and dislodged.

Flipkart not offering a new piece, only a refund. :( Usually they only offer a replacement. Strange.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks