Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2020, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Pulse Oximeter recommendations?

Does anyone have any feedback on this one
https://www.amazon.in/Hesley-Fingert...dDbGljaz10cnVl

The review says its made in Germany and has FDA and CE approval.
Any firsthand review will be helpful.
Old 26th June 2020, 17:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on this one
The review says its made in Germany and has FDA and CE approval.
Any firsthand review will be helpful.
In the product details page it says designed in Germany. See attached screenshot.

Besides, unfortunately I don't think any of these are manufactured out of China at this time.

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-screenshot_20200626172421.png

Last edited by aah78 : 4th July 2020 at 20:03. Reason: Hello, Thanks for sharing your travelogue with the community. I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum), where you can EDIT your posts o
Old 26th June 2020, 17:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
In the product details page it says designed in Germany. See attached screenshot.

Besides, unfortunately I don't think any of these are manufactured out of China at this time.
I saw that. But one of the reviews below mentions that it is made in Germany. Do not know whether to believe that or not.
Hence the question.
Old 28th June 2020, 07:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Dr. Trust oximeter in 1 day flat. Initial impressions are of sturdy quality and robustness. Should last well beyond these accursed times.

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200628_072424.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200628_072341.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200628_072322.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200628_072310.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 4th July 2020 at 20:04. Reason: well. EDIT: Pictures inserted in-line.
itwasntme is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 13:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
A mobile phone can be turned into an oxymeter using its flash and camera...
Readings on the oximeter and on the Samsung Health (Stress) app for oxygen saturation levels are the same or differ by 1% at most (which can happen even with the oximeter reading itself which varies with time and on its placement).
My observations are with regards to the Samsung S10+, and the
Choicemmed Pulse Oximeter MD300C20-NMR
mvadg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 13:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for the recommendations and to the OP for starting the thread.....just ordered this Dr trust branded pulse oximeter on Flipkart.
OP's post reminded me that I had forgot to post an update. I had ordered the Dr.Trust Pulse Oximeter Signature Series on Friday from Flipkart and it was promptly delivered by 9am on Saturday.

Measured SPO2 for family members shows up as 97 to 98%. However, there is another reading that seems to vary quite a lot called 'Perfusion Index'. I am not able to understand exactly what this reading is for? I mean what does a low or high 'Perfusion Index' indicate exactly?
Old 4th July 2020, 10:38   #22
BANNED

All Pulse oximeters have a error margin of +/- 5, so if your reading is 94% it can mean anything from 89-99. So don’t trust the machine alone, it’s good to use as a surrogate. If you are having Covid-19 symptoms like breathing difficulty, do a resting measurement and then do a 6 minute walking test (walk for 6 minutes and check the levels, if it falls below 90% consult a doctor). Even if the values are normal and if you feel something is not right, don’t wait, go to a doctor.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Due to aged parents with complications, I make sure to have these basic instruments in place.

1. BP measurement. - Omron.
2. Diabetes kit
3. pulse oximeter - dr. Trust.
4. Thermometer

They make life easy and help understand if medical attention is needed. I am looking to see if I can get a basic ECG machine as well.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 10:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OP's post reminded me that I had forgot to post an update. I had ordered the Dr.Trust Pulse Oximeter Signature Series on Friday from Flipkart and it was promptly delivered by 9am on Saturday.

Measured SPO2 for family members shows up as 97 to 98%. However, there is another reading that seems to vary quite a lot called 'Perfusion Index'. I am not able to understand exactly what this reading is for? I mean what does a low or high 'Perfusion Index' indicate exactly?
From the explanation, it gives the strength of pulse. For reliable readings you should read it where the pulse strength is good.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:12   #25
BHPian

I am a Urologist, and from my observation and experience, I want to advise all of you who are using this device to make sure the red light inside the clip flashes against your nail rather than your finger pulp on the other side.

Countless paramedical and medical staff make this error in the wards, giving me inaccurate results of the person's/patient's vitals.
lemedico is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 17:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:

However, there is another reading that seems to vary quite a lot called 'Perfusion Index'. I am not able to understand exactly what this reading is for? I mean what does a low or high 'Perfusion Index' indicate exactly?
Perfusion index is nothing but the ratio of pulsatile to non pulsatile component of blood where the oxygenation is measured. Since the purpose of oximeter is to detect arterial oxygenation, it has to filter out the non pulsatile component of signal, which can be from veins, capillaries & other tissues. It is an indicator of the local blood flow, which is directly proportional to the value of PI and is not of much relevance to common public. Most modern oximeters have algorithms to identify low perfusion states and display as "low perfusion" or with a blank screen.
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 19:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I am a Doctor and I would recommend Dr.Trust brand of pulse oximeters. Yes, pulse oximeter is a highly useful device to have it handy at home.

Disclaimer - I am not associated with Dr. Trust brand in anyway.
Dear sir,
I have purchased an oximeter and it is from Dr Trust.
It costed me Rs.4750/- and looks good and performance wise also found to be satisfactory!
We are happy with it!
Thanks.

Last edited by smuniswami : 4th July 2020 at 19:02. Reason: Grammar.... word missed!
smuniswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 09:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am using the oximeter function in Samsung Health app on my Note9.
I have checked the readings against a proper pulse oximeter used by my relative who is a doctor, the results have a deviation of about 2-5%.
According to him, it should not be a major concern as long as the number do not fall below 92% on the app.
Sure it does take time compared to a standalone device. It takes about 20 secs to provide a reading in my phone.

Last edited by speedmiester : 5th July 2020 at 09:19.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 10:02   #29
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am a Doctor and I would recommend Dr.Trust brand of pulse oximeters. Yes, pulse oximeter is a highly useful device to have it handy at home.
Thanks Doc

Quote:
4000 ?? I vaguely remember seeing Dr. Trust priced at around 1800-2000 a month back !! Wait, I am sure it wasn't anything above 2000.
Is there a specific model # that you're referring to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got the Dr. Trust oximeter in 1 day flat. Initial impressions are of sturdy quality and robustness. Should last well beyond these accursed times.
What's the model ? I don't see any Dr trust pulse oximeter on Amazon.

Edit:checked the website of Dr trust and yes all are > 4000 and most say Sold out!

Last edited by NPV : 5th July 2020 at 10:04.
Old 5th July 2020, 19:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

From which site have you purchased? I'm seeing it as sold out
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
I have purchased an oximeter and it is from Dr Trust. It costed me Rs.4750/- and looks good and performance wise also found to be satisfactory!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks