Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 16:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pulse Oximeter recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
An update on this:
Sadly, Omron doesn't have pulse oximeter in its product lineup.
I bought Choicemmed oximeter after returning a fake when I ordered Medtech. This brand was recommended by a doctor friend who himself use it. Choicemmed is said to be imported and marketed by Omron (or is their own brand, not sure).
Quote:
Dr.Trust is Made in USA but priced at Rs.4750 which many feel may be too costly.
Dr. Trust is made in China. Just check any product's "Customer questions & answers" section and you will know. Search for the work "China".

https://www.amazon.in/Dr-Trust-Profe.../dp/B079NSY4SY

Dr. Trust projects itself as a US brand but my little bit of googling says it is not. They have a US address (of a friend/cousin maybe) but it is not sold in US. Choicemmed is sold there. Just check Amazon.COM listings.

Having said that, Dr. Trust makes good quality products. I bought their contactless forehead thermometer which works well. It is nowhere mentioned on the box or on the product where it is made. It just mentions "imported & marketed by". In addition at least 8-10 times, "USA" is mentioned and even US flag is also printed on the box.
mukeshgoel is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 16:46   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Dr. Trust projects itself as a US brand but my little bit of googling says it is not.

It just mentions "imported & marketed by". In addition at least 8-10 times, "USA" is mentioned and even US flag is also printed on the box.
Agree. Got to know that the brands Dr.Trust and Dr.Physio are owned by Nectar BioPharma Pvt Ltd.

https://www.necbio.com/

This is an India (Mumbai) based and Indian owned company which brands itself as USA. So most likely they get their products manufactured in China. They saw an opportunity and have raised the price of oximeters to 4750.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 22:01   #93
Senior - BHPian

I hope this video will help. Sorry, it's in Hindi but I guess everyone will understand the findings.

mukeshgoel is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 09:55   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very happy with the customer service of Dr. Trust . The one I bought from Amazon conked off. After providing the invoice & a video of the problem, they have shipped out a fresh piece.

This is the way that companies win customers for life .
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:32   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

I’m also happy with the quality of Dr. Trust products. I bought a steam vaporiser after checking out a lot of models including morepen. But the reviews for most of them were scary ranging from products conking off soon to having sparks in the water!
Dr. trust vaporiser was expensive compared to these stuff but I see that it’s quite good and does the job very well. Also got a neck massager and it looks very well built too. Although the piece I got had some issue in the AC adapter but amazon changed it promptly and I’m happy with the product.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 09:41   #96
BHPian

Dr Trust is on Amazon for 2k now.
Any idea on Dr Vaku products? It seems the cheapest at 1k - and seems to be rated well on Amazon.
Old 5th May 2021, 11:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

All the "unbranded" oximeters out there on amazon/flipkart seems to be crap. I recently ordered one paying Rs.2K+ and it stopped working in two days. It had no brand name and came in some cheap locally made box. If buying, suggest to go for a branded one.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 19:58   #98
BANNED

Microtek Pulse Oximeter
Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20210505_195135_copy_1600x900.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20210505_195141_copy_1600x900.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20210505_195155_copy_1600x900.jpg

Price: ₹850.

Working good so far and has been over 3 weeks since purchase.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 20:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Price: ₹850.
Here you go now:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-pxi.jpg

Not sure what do you call this business model? Fleecing sounds too gentle.

Can someone tell me who is actually making money? Amazon, Seller or Manufacturer or all of them?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th May 2021 at 20:39.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 22:04   #100
Team-BHP Support

I've stuck to buying from the Dr. Trust website directly. Expensive but reliable. I try not to buy critical electronics from online resellers (Amazon included), unless unavoidable.
Old 17th May 2021, 12:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

I placed an order of a pulse oximeter on Dr Trust website as I thought they will be reliable. The price on their official website was Rs2999 against 4700 on amazon.

I placed the order on 02nd May with a shipping date of 10th May. Yes they were pre booking the orders.

My order ID is from 89xxx series. They have more than 103xxx orders on their website as of now and their facebook page is full of complaints.

The order never shipped on 10th May. Pick up was generated on 12th. By 14th it showed pick up error. Their customer care assured that it has been shipped already and problem lies with BlueDart courier.

The status immediately changed to pick up generated again after I spoke to them on 14th.

Since yesterday (16th May), the status is showing as pick up rescheduled.

They have refunded oxygen concentrator money to customers as per facebook page but have hold on to the money paid by oximeter customers.

Just want to highlight that it is better not to buy from this brand as many of their customers (could be thousands who knows) are struggling to get their products.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 17th May 2021 at 12:34. Reason: Typo
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 13:55   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I placed the order on 02nd May with a shipping date of 10th May. Yes they were pre booking the orders...
Strange. I ordered mine on May 5, shipped next day and delivered on the 8th. They'd accidentally included a paper copy of another order's invoice, but their customer care sent me the correct one within 2 hours of an email request.

Too many orders, not enough stock?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 15:07   #103
BHPian

I found the Dr. Trust oximeter to be very expensive, as that's made in china as well.

So I ordered something which was looking decent and got a sweet deal and later almost a shock. See for yourself.

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-xymtr.jpeg
These number are definitely wrong, at-least the SpO2.

So while ordering a new one I found BPL oximeter. Ordered it for Rs.1400.
Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-61tvunjkcgl._ac_sl1000_.jpg
Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-91klwugrlpl._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Link

I feel its a good quality product compared to what is available in the market including the medical shops. Fit and finish is also much better and came with batteries.

2 months since and its working all good.

Would definitely suggest this one as one of the best budget oximeter.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2021 at 16:11. Reason: defiantly > definitely
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 15:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

So I ordered something which was looking decent and got a sweet deal and later almost a shock. See for yourself.
Never order this thing from an un-branded one. I did that mistake. It exactly looked the same as in your picture. At first I got a part which stopped working in 2 days. And then they sent a replacement which was damaged and not even powering up. It had no name, no proper box, nothing. Even if you had to spend quite a lot, go for something that is atleast familiar name.

Now I got one from a brand called "Vaku". Wasn't familiar with the name as such, but had good reviews and decent pricing. Working fine.
Old 29th May 2021, 05:38   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Too many orders, not enough stock?
Actually yes. Mine was shipped on 17-18 May and delivered on 20-21 May. It was a May 2021 manufactured piece and as per box, it is a made in India product and I found that it is actually made in Mohali (Chandigarh tricity) by this company. The product is well built and gives accurate readings.

I would still recommend not to buy from this company website directly. Amazon and Flipkart are reliable when it comes to delivery timelines. Dr Trust is not at all trustworthy w.r.t. the delivery timelines.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks