Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 11:51   #76
BHPian

Re: Pulse Oximeter recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Gilma brand is associated with Kitchen accessories like stove tops and chimneys, please check if they're really selling this (there should be a mention on their website I guess). If not, someone else could be misusing their brand.
Product is most likely yet another Chinese made one with some other branding/badging
No. It's genuine. Here's the ad from today's Times of India.

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-20200809_120352.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2020 at 12:35.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 21:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Definitely a rip-off.
Thanks for the update. It surely is.
Checked there bio on Amazon, its some other Sansui which is into weighing scales and weighing systems.

-Aayush
Old 10th August 2020, 00:50   #78
BHPian

I got Newnik P701 model from Amazon. It's a good buy. Does everything expected out of the device. Slightly inexpensive as compared to Dr Trust. The box says it's FDA approved.

Basis my experience, I will recommend the product.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00RNWCHCC/..._yXemFb25557JN
Old 10th August 2020, 06:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

You paid Rs 4000? Dr Trust is not just reliable, but their pricing covers a good spectrum. For example, their 210 Model (Covered in the previous page) is Rs. 3000. A year back these things cost about a thousand bucks or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I got Newnik P701 model from Amazon. It's a good buy. Does everything expected out of the device. Slightly inexpensive as compared to Dr Trust. The box says it's FDA approved. Basis my experience, I will recommend the product.
Old 10th August 2020, 10:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
You paid Rs 4000? Dr Trust is not just reliable, but their pricing covers a good spectrum. For example, their 210 Model (Covered in the previous page) is Rs. 3000. A year back these things cost about a thousand bucks or so
I paid 3.3k for this one. You are right about the inflated prices. But that's covid impact. Even Dr Trust wasn't retailing at the rates as it is doing now. This is the second oximeter that I have got at home. The first one was in April of a Chinese brand Infi which I got for 2k.

Coming to the new oximeter, it matches the best selling ones on quality.
Old 10th August 2020, 11:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear. I recall my brother buying Dr Trust paying just Rs 1800, a year back. This device wasn't that hot then
Quote:
I paid 3.3k for this one. You are right about the inflated prices. But that's covid impact. Even Dr Trust wasn't retailing at the rates as it is doing now. This is the second oximeter that I have got at home. The first one was in April of a Chinese brand Infi which I got for 2k.Coming to the new oximeter, it matches the best selling ones on quality.
Old 10th August 2020, 12:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I paid 3.3k for this one. You are right about the inflated prices. But that's covid impact. Even Dr Trust wasn't retailing at the rates as it is doing now. This is the second oximeter that I have got at home. The first one was in April of a Chinese brand Infi which I got for 2k.

Coming to the new oximeter, it matches the best selling ones on quality.
I bought Dr. Trust Pulse Oximeter 209 model 2 months back from amazon & it was a panic buy. It costed 4.4k back then.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 13:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I bought Dr. Trust Pulse Oximeter 209 model 2 months back from amazon & it was a panic buy. It costed 4.4k back then.
Looks like Amazon increased prices taking advantage of the pandemic. I bought it for 1700 rupees last year.

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-1597046956498.jpg

Now the same product costs 4750 rupees

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-1597047035942.jpg
WhiteSierra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Pandemic caused chaos and this confusion meant that some businesses suffered catastrophe while some gained undue advantages.
Oximeters gained that advantage and the supply demand curve tilted in favor of demand. No wonder the prices shot up 3-5x. A large percentage of middle class households now have Oximeters as they used to have thermometers.

Leave alone the reputed ones like Dr Trust, even the run of the mill Oximeters went above 2x. Sad situation but all parties related to Oximeters supply chain walked all the way to bank in last 6 months.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Looks like Amazon increased prices taking advantage of the pandemic. I bought it for 1700 rupees last year.
Quote:
Pandemic caused chaos and this confusion meant that some businesses suffered catastrophe while some gained undue advantages.
True that. Oximeters are selling like hotcakes now. I also bought a Digital BP Monitor(this is also a panic buy). But that will be quite beneficial in the long run.
Old 11th August 2020, 11:34   #86
BHPian

I ordered the Dr.Trust Pulse Oximeter from Amazon. Costed me 4750. Works well and passed the pencil test. I also ordered a Hesley contactless thermometer and got the product today with box opened and a missing slot in package because of which I guess some item must be missing. Was mentioned as Hesley Inc Germany and on some searching in google and the material in package gave me a Gmail ID for customer care. I have raised a return request for this now. Beware of such items which are made in Hong Kong or PRC and have dubious customer care emails or websites or videos online.

Last edited by whencut86 : 11th August 2020 at 11:37. Reason: correction
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 21:53   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I've ordered Dr Trust's 210 model from their website directly.

Hopefully they'll dispatch it soon enough. Got an email for registering an account and the order confirmation.
Got this on 12th. The order was shipped through Blue Dart. Some snaps:

A small box; coin for reference:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200812_141401.jpg

Contents include the oximeter, a lanyard, 2 AAA cells and the instruction leaflet:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200812_1415152.jpg

Sticker on the back of the unit. Doesn't say where it is manufactured; your guess is as good as mine. (And no, that's not the serial number of the unit; that's printed in a sticker on the other side of the battery cover):

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200812_143130.jpg

Displays SpO2 % (oxygen saturation), PR (pulse rate), PI (perfusion index), RR (respiratory rate), the battery life and the waveform:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_212849.jpg

Pressing the button changes the orientation of the OLED display:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_212908.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_212914.jpg

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_212921.jpg

Long pressing the button gives the settings mode (1/2):

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_212955.jpg

Long pressing again gives Settings (2/2); short press to browse through each setting, long press to change the setting:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_213020.jpg

That's the first device I am seeing with the 2 batteries being inserted on the same orientation! Usually they are inserted in remotes etc. with opposite polarities adjacent to each other:

Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img_20200814_213309.jpg

Tested with a colleague's device and readings were nearly similar.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 17:56   #88
BHPian

While browsing through Amazon for another pulse oximeter (already have a Dr.Trust one but might have to split the family again so looking for another one).

Now, I can see this model https://www.amazon.in/Beurer-454-30-Pulse-Oximeter-PO-30/dp/B00B80JEGC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8 from Beurer for which some reviews and answer's to question mention that it is manufactured in Germany.

Does someone here own this device? Is it actually manufactured in Germany at this price point (Rs. 2,589 as of 16-Aug-2020). If i can avoid getting another made in China product that would be great.
Old 16th August 2020, 18:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Does someone here own this device? Is it actually manufactured in Germany at this price point (Rs. 2,589 as of 16-Aug-2020). If i can avoid getting another made in China product that would be great.
You can see customer images in the amazon link you shared. One picture clearly shows 'Made in China' sticker.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 13:38   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I also ordered a Hesley contactless thermometer and got the product today with box opened and a missing slot in package because of which I guess some item must be missing. Was mentioned as Hesley Inc Germany and on some searching in google and the material in package gave me a Gmail ID for customer care. I have raised a return request for this now. Beware of such items which are made in Hong Kong or PRC and have dubious customer care emails or websites or videos online.
An update on this:
I have got the refund post return of this product. I ended up ordering the Omron contactless forehead thermometer directly from the Omron Brand Shop site. Got delivery through FedEx and it works well. Omron is a Japanese company but some products are Made in China but the sensors are Japanese ones though. @Mods: Please move this to appropriate thread if required.

Sadly, Omron doesn't have pulse oximeter in its product lineup. I think at this point we need to make sure the senors are either German or American or Japanese made. We don't have too much options which are not Made in China. Everycom is coming up with contactless thermometers Made in India. Dr.Trust is Made in USA but priced at Rs.4750 which many feel may be too costly. I understand the sentiments for getting products which are not made in China but in these times when majority of these are not yet made locally, it is wise to get good reputed ones which will give accurate readings and last long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks