Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:54   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apple iPhone 12 launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
'One More Thing'! They're not done yet. Steve Jobs' words immortalised in a classy way
Yes, new Macs on the way finally. Also, looks like we will finally get the much awaited Big Sur update on that day or at least a release date which should be soon after the event. Apple has already started rolling Big Sur 11.0.1 to developers; which indicates that they are done with 11.0. So, we can expect Big Sur very soon.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 07:43   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
If I had to mince your statement, not everyone is okay, which is why you are complaining!
I am ok with a notch. What I'm not ok with, is people saying it's ok for Apple to do it but make a big noise if some other manufacturer does it.

Quote:
Many reviewers want to be in Apple's good books, hence ignore. Some have moved on or else they would be called repetitive.
Which would mean that most reviewers are biased towards apple.

Quote:
But I do get your point and my view( an iOs worshiper) would be, I ignore it or have gotten used to it or it never bothered me in the first place. There are some things which you love and you tend to ignore the minor kinks. Or it could be a case of ' I have paid so much, I better adjust to it'.
It's not a big issue for me too. My point is the double standards. If you are ok with Apple having a notch, you should be ok with androids having it too. But if you believe a punch hole is a must for an android, you should say it's a must for an iPhone too.

Quote:
If someone has found an alternative, good for them ,but someone like me who refuses to find alternatives or adjust to alternatives, we tend to live with it.
I started with Android, moved on to iPhone and now back to Android. The reason for moving back to Android was not the notch.
Old 7th November 2020, 08:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

The notch is also a distinguishing feature of the iPhone. For instance, if you see a line of people on their phones, you can identify the iPhones from the rest. I don't think they will do away with it, in a hurry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I am ok with a notch.
Old 11th November 2020, 16:32   #124
BHPian

Wireless Charging doesn't work intermittently with iPhone 12

So, it appears that the wireless charging function is not fully tested out for iPhone 12. I have a wireless charger which was working fine and was able to recharge iPhone 12 and iPhone XR. It suddenly stopped charging iPhone 12 but was working fine with the XR.

Searching on the net, i found suggestions to switch off battery management in iPhone 12 and try. However, it did not work for me. I was only able to get the wireless charging to work after restarting the phone.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 16:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wireless Charging doesn't work intermittently with iPhone 12

Thanks for that update. I'm getting my 12 Pro on Friday (Silver). So I wont get the magsafe just yet, just a 20 watt brick. Regarding cases, any suggestions? I'm looking at Saddle Brown Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
So, it appears that the wireless charging function is not fully tested out for iPhone 12. I have a wireless charger which was working fine and was able to recharge iPhone 12 and iPhone XR. It suddenly stopped charging iPhone 12 but was working fine with the XR.
Old 11th November 2020, 16:49   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that update. I'm getting my 12 Pro on Friday (Silver). Regarding cases, any suggestions? I'm looking at Saddle Brown Leather
I have a small kid at home so i took a very robust case directly from iplanet. I think it is called elementcase special ops. Didnt want to take a risk with an all glass phone and a 18 month old.
Old 11th November 2020, 17:53   #127
Senior - BHPian

The phone is already on the thick side. Won't the element case add to the girth? Non-apple cases wont allow mag-safe I read. You have any pic? I think the transparent one should suit me
Quote:
I have a small kid at home so i took a very robust case directly from iplanet. I think it is called elementcase special ops. Didnt want to take a risk with an all glass phone and a 18 month old.

Last edited by Sebring : 11th November 2020 at 17:55.
Old 11th November 2020, 18:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
The phone is already on the thick side. Won't the element case add to the girth? Non-apple cases wont allow mag-safe I read.
Don't have a pic right now. This is the one I have: https://www.elementcase.com/product/special-ops/. I dont know about magsafe but a regular Qi wireless charger bought off Amazon works fine. It is definitely very bulky but I felt that the phone alone was very slippery in my hands and needs a good case and screen guard to protect from drops and scratches.
Old 11th November 2020, 19:59   #129
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, man. Ill get this too. How much does this cost?
Quote:
Don't have a pic right now. This is the one I have: https://www.elementcase.com/product/special-ops/. I dont know about magsafe but a regular Qi wireless charger bought off Amazon works fine. It is definitely very bulky but I felt that the phone alone was very slippery in my hands and needs a good case and screen guard to protect from drops and scratches.
Old 11th November 2020, 20:14   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, man. Ill get this too. How much does this cost?
This costed 3k at iPlanet in InOrbit mall, Whitefield.
Old 14th November 2020, 12:36   #131
Senior - BHPian

So this came in last night. Quite thrilled to own this 4S design. And yes, Apple's silicon case is quite grippy
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_9916.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 19:14   #132
BHPian

Had a chance to fiddle with iPhone 12(non pro)at Bajaj electronics store today.

To be honest,I loved the flat design of new iPhones and it's way lighter than iPhone 11 and even lighter than my iPhone XS, which I'm using it since last 1 year.

BTW, how's the camera of iPhone 12, especially in Night Mode? Is it the good upgrade from iPhone XS or hold on with the XS till 13 comes? There are no immediate plans of buying a new iPhone for myself as I'm currently happy with XS but asking whether the camera of iPhone 12 is at par with 12 pro or not.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th November 2020 at 19:27. Reason: Please put space after a punctuation mark. Please proof read posts before submitting them. Thanks.
Old 16th November 2020, 00:00   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
BTW, how's the camera of iPhone 12, especially in Night Mode? Is it the good upgrade from iPhone XS or hold on with the XS till 13 comes? There are no immediate plans of buying a new iPhone for myself as I'm currently happy with XS but asking whether the camera of iPhone 12 is at par with 12 pro or not.
I got 12 pro 10 days back and I must say the camera is a huge step up from X/XS/XR when it comes to night shots. The night mode is really good and you have to experience it to believe. As far as I know, pro just has extra telephoto lens when it comes to camera and the main unit which is used for night mode is the same as long as you don’t zoom in. There won’t be any noticeable difference between 12 and 12 pro photos. See MKBHD’s 12 mini review for more reference.

If you are getting 12 128GB then 12 pro makes more sense as the difference is not that much.
turbowhistle is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:36   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
I got 12 pro 10 days back and I must say the camera is a huge step up from X/XS/XR when it comes to night shots. The night mode is really good and you have to experience it to believe. As far as I know, pro just has extra telephoto lens when it comes to camera and the main unit which is used for night mode is the same as long as you don’t zoom in. There won’t be any noticeable difference between 12 and 12 pro photos. See MKBHD’s 12 mini review for more reference.

If you are getting 12 128GB then 12 pro makes more sense as the difference is not that much.
Thanks for the inputs brother.Will surely look at iPhone 12 Pro too although it exceeds more than Rs.40k than iPhone 12 here

If budget permits,I'll even try iPhone 12 Pro Max too.
Old 17th November 2020, 15:03   #135
Senior - BHPian

iPhone 12 Pro is the best iPhone ever. Its responsive and works like a charm. Happy with this one. The silicon case is very good, but I also need something sturdy. Like this case from UAG. Confused between the two colors. Loving the green pattern one more (And thats usually out of stock). What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks