Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 16:51   #136
BHPian

Re: Apple iPhone 12 launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Like this case from UAG. Confused between the two colors. Loving the green pattern one more (And thats usually out of stock). What do you guys think?
Green wins the competition hands down. After Spigen, UAG would be an obvious choice. The only difference I think is Spigen uses rubber/silicone type material and UAGs are hard plastic shell. Do keep us posted on what you finally decide
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:53   #137
BHPian

Had a look at the new iPhones today at an Apple store.

Somehow, I didn't find the IP12 / 12 Mini appealing to look at. Don't get me wrong, they have a great design, but somehow the colors this year don't do enough justice.

I have read & seen great praises for the 'Blue' color of the IP12 and thought it might be the best one; but unfortunately it isn't quite appealing as such. It's not bad, but definitely not worth a praise.
The black colour too has a more greyish tinge rather than a 'pure' black.
The PRODUCT RED is way-off from their last year's colour. Sad.

On a side note, the Pro series definitely looks better. Quite obvious though.

Further moving to the screens, the OLED screens too didn't look substantially different from the regular LCD screen of the IP11. I mean they are bright, no doubt, but the colours aren't 'vivid' per se. I guess Samsung still tops in this department. Their screens are a dream to look at. I might also go ahead an say that the new OP flagship phones have better OLED panels.

I don't what was wrong here. Maybe the lighting in the store? But then, this is an official Apple Store and I presume the set-up is definitely as per their standards.

I tried increasing the brightness all the way up, disabling the true tone, etc. But to no avail.
As a matter of fact, I had first checked these phones at a Croma store and had similar observations (especially the screens). Hence, went ahead and re-checked an an official apples store. But nothing changed.

Maybe I am missing something here?

On a side note, that 12 Mini is simply brilliant to hold! Just loved that form factor. But I guess practically it makes sense to go in for the 12 if that's the ONLY phone one will using.
12 Mini makes for a great secondary phone.
Old 17th November 2020, 18:59   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the advise. I'd like a rubber/silicone kind of shell and not hard plastic shell, like on my iPad. Shall look at alternatives. Saw the pure leather covers from Apple and it just doesn't feel like leather. It's more like plastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
The only difference I think is Spigen uses rubber/silicone type material and UAGs are hard plastic shell
Old 19th November 2020, 22:15   #139
BHPian

When my iPhone 6s gave up last year after 4+ years of abuse, I decided to skip 11 (due to lack of 5G) and bought an Android phone to get through the year for 12's launch. I was so happy and excited to see the Mini and went for it last week here in UK that got delivered few days back. But alas, it was shortlived due to lockscreen issues and had to send it back as it's still not clear whether its a software or hardware issue.

Thankfully, I didn't switch over completely from the Android phone. So now I am waiting with bated breath for news of a software update that can resolve this issue to order again.

Link to forum discussions on the issue.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252036905
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 13:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
So now I am waiting with bated breath for news of a software update that can resolve this issue to order again.
14.2.1 has been released and it resolves the lock screen issue for Mini.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 23:23   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
14.2.1 has been released and it resolves the lock screen issue for Mini.
Yes it seems to have fixed it, but my phone went back before then based on advice from customer care. Anyways, I also realized typing was a bit difficult in Mini during this ordeal and decided to go for the normal 12 which is on it's way.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 13:22   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I also realized typing was a bit difficult in Mini during this ordeal and decided to go for the normal 12 which is on it's way.
Likewise. I saw the size of the Mini and figured it would be small for me ( and battery compromised) and got myself the regular 12. Very happy with it and my decision. It also seems that the issues with the touch on Mini is still not 100% resolved.
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Using a 12 mini and there are no issues, touch or typing. Have been waiting for this since the iPhone 5SE. Just perfect for me, as I prefer the small form factor.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:06   #144
BHPian

I am contemplating to get iPhone 12 Pro max 256 GB version from US through a friend, visiting here in April 2021; the price difference is huge.

Would like to ask about this from Phone users/ experts about this, kindly advise whether it is worthwhile?
Old 2nd December 2020, 23:08   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Using a 12 mini and there are no issues, touch or typing. Have been waiting for this since the iPhone 5SE. Just perfect for me, as I prefer the small form factor.
How do you find the battery compared to the SE? My 3+ year old SE needs replacing and I am considering the mini. However the battery is an area of concern as I am tired of always charging the phone
Old 3rd December 2020, 06:58   #146
Team-BHP Support

I was at the Apple Store (in Singapore) a couple of days back, to get a replacement of my Airpods Pro. While waiting, they encouraged to browse around the 12 range, MagSafe accessories etc. Absolutely loved the 12 Mini – just the right size for me; always liked phones that are easy for single-hand usage. And unlike the 11 series, the 12/12 Mini did not feel inferior to the 12 Pro range.

12 Mini - nice and small!
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_4926.jpg

The 12 Max Pro looks gigantic compared to the 12 Mini
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_4927.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 09:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

A number of iPhone 12 owners have been complaining about excessive standby battery drain. iPhones are known for their excellent standby battery life and they tend to lose around 1-2% even after remaining idle for over 8-10 hours. However, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro owners are experiencing a standby battery drain of as high as 20-40%.

The issue has been plaguing iPhone 12 owners right since they got the device on launch day. While Apple has rolled out multiple iOS updates since the release of the iPhone 12 series, they have failed to fix the issue.

Tests have shown that the iPhone 12 series offers inferior battery life to the iPhone 11 lineup. Coupled with the excessive battery drain, this would mean that iPhone 12 owners would be getting notably worse battery life in day-to-day use.

Apart from excessive battery drain, iPhone 12 owners have also been complaining about Bluetooth and mobile network connectivity issues since the launch of the device.

If you are also facing excessive battery drain on your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro series, you can follow some of the tips mentioned here to improve its battery life.

Source: https://www.iphonehacks.com/2020/12/...edium=facebook
Old 10th December 2020, 11:14   #148
BHPian

Apparently, Apple has started taking opinion from it's user base whether or not they use the USB to lightening cable and SIM ejector pin that come in the box. And also whether they actively use Face ID and if they are satisfied with it. link

Apple iPhone 12 launched!-20201210_111303.jpg

Apple iPhone 12 launched!-20201210_111322.jpg

Rumours are that it is considering removing those accessories in the box and also deciding whether or not to include both Face ID and Touch ID.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:44   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Rumours are that it is considering removing those accessories in the box and also deciding whether or not to include both Face ID and Touch ID.
Barring the SE, isn't Touch ID redundant in all phones since the 8 since there's no physical button. Wouldn't miss the sim pin since there's many accumulated over the years. But Apple dare not remove the cable; as it is, they sell more cables than iPhones. Even more if you count non-OEM like AmazonBasics.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:34   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Barring the SE, isn't Touch ID redundant in all phones since the 8 since there's no physical button.
I'd like having a Touch ID, especially in these COVID times (if I buy an iPhone, that is. ). Its high time Apple brought an under display Touch ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
But Apple dare not remove the cable; as it is, they sell more cables than iPhones. Even more if you count non-OEM like AmazonBasics.
This particular cable in itself is useless. I guess everyone will eventually buy a fast charger and that requires a USB3 to lightening cable. So they should provide this instead, inside the box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks