Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:59   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Kaff offers 5 year warranty on Chimney and 1 year on Hob. I just checked Faber website. The Lifetime warranty is on chimney only, right?
Yes, on the chimney only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
...check the filter. Some have a baffle filter which doesnt need replacement in lifetime.
Thanks Hitanshu - yes, that's another thing to check - go for a baffle filter on the chimney, not the metal mesh filter. Baffles are easier to clean, and don't choke up even if they are not cleaned - worst case, they'll start to drip oil around the sides, and you'll know it's time to clean them.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:03   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

My Braun is an MR5550 --- but it was bought about six years ago in UK, and I have not seen the same model on sale, even there, recently.

I can say a word in support of KAFF customer service. They come when called --- and will even clean the chimney filter, although of course that is chargeable.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:06   #738
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Another thing, check the filter. Some have a baffle filter which doesnt need replacement in lifetime. There's some such funda - you may want to check up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Yes, on the chimney only.

Thanks Hitanshu - yes, that's another thing to check - go for a baffle filter on the chimney, not the metal mesh filter. Baffles are easier to clean, and don't choke up even if they are not cleaned - worst case, they'll start to drip oil around the sides, and you'll know it's time to clean them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I can say a word in support of KAFF customer service. They come when called --- and will even clean the chimney filter, although of course that is chargeable.
Thanks Guys! Will be on a hunting spree this weekend and will keep you updated.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:21   #739
BHPian

Chimney

Any experience (good or bad) with Cata ? Thanks.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:20   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
@pallavi, Thanks a lot for your inputs

@m8002 Thanks for sharing your experience. Ultra which I have seen has cylindrical stones , 2kg capacity

Iam yet to decide on the choice of options we have in here. Will keep you posted on the same.
Thanks to everyone for all your inputs

Had been to shopping last week and picked up ULTRA series 2kg one, worth INR 5700 and I am happy with the choice.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:23   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
If you want to bake, don't compromise. Get a real oven.
Hey, my better half is very much interested in making cakes, buscuits, pizzas etc. We already have a LG Convection oven, but are not happy with the output w.r.t making cakes.

Is there any small oven which can be used "specifically" to bake cakes and all. Would very much appreciate if you can guide me in this. Looking for a small footprint one.

Thanks a ton
Old 25th January 2010, 12:28   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Thanks Guys! Will be on a hunting spree this weekend and will keep you updated.
We bought 'Faber Mars' (850 suction power), for a little above 11k at a Faber Store in Kalyan Nagar. This one comes with two Baffle Filters and Lifetime warranty. Bought it over the weekend and waiting for the installer to arrive.

There are no combo offers though (Hob + Chimney), but a model with 1100 suction power was going for about 11k. Wifey didnt like the looks and hence we didnt buy that.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:30   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Is there any small oven which can be used "specifically" to bake cakes and all. Would very much appreciate if you can guide me in this. Looking for a small footprint one.

Thanks a ton
I have seen a 8-10lt one..by Murphy richards.
Morphy Richards India - OTGs

But that is way too small for cake baking. We finally bought a 17lt prestige oven for 2.5k. Happily baking with it.

Cost difference between 8lt and 17lt was a few hundreds.

Ovens with Motorized rotisserie will cost more.

Apart from MR, you can look at prestige, inalsa & bajaj.

Buy only the ones that have heating elements on both top and bottom and option to switch on either one of the elements or both. This greatly helps in targeted heating like soft pizza with crisply cooked cheese.

Regards,
Old 25th January 2010, 21:05   #744
BHPian

Hi guys!
I am back. Just wanted to know that after a shopping at a Croma outlet here in Faridabad, I was informed about the TATA Credit card that has great offers. My dad got the card. Now, the Croma guys told us that for every thousand rupees of shopping at croma you get back 250 points. Now, as far as what they told me they said points are EQUAL TO Rupees. Is it true?
If I shop for 50000, does it mean I can shop for free with an amount 50X250= 12500?
Rs. 12500 ki free shopping!!
Atleast, this is what they made me think. I am figuring what all to buy. Whoa!! Help Help!!!! I am confused.
Anybody else who could help?
Old 26th January 2010, 00:05   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

It's the old story: if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Why would the finance company want to give you 25% discount on your shopping?

If you don't need a credit card, don't get one.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:49   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi guys!

If I shop for 50000, does it mean I can shop for free with an amount 50X250= 12500?
Rs. 12500 ki free shopping!!
Wish it were as straight forward as that..

Read the fine print which comes along with the card. There will be a upper limit to what you can redeem. And shop till you drop ONLY AFTER you have read the fine print. Else, the person at the billing counter will take out a maginfying glass and point it out for you, saying "Sir, please read the fine print"

-Pallavi
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:26   #747
BHPian

Dishwasher Query

Hi fellows!
I recently bought an IFB Neptune dishwasher but am facing a problem. I see a yellow blackinsh layer on some stainless steel utensils , the heavy ones and ones in which we boil our tea. I do rinse the utensils before loading them into it. Whats the problem? What level do I need to adjust? Detergent or Rinse-Aid? I am confused.
Help!

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd February 2010 at 11:32. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:28   #748
BHPian

My wife and I have been shopping around for a replacement of our 260L single door LG semi frost free refrigerator. We have narrowed down to 2 choices :

1. Haier HRB 331HP4 Bottom mounted refrigerator : Welcome To Haier India : Inspired Living

2. LG GL 338VA5 Frost Free Refrigerator : LG Frost Free Refrigerators with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology, External Micom & Child Lock

Any suggestions which one should be a better one to go for. Wife is enamoured by the bottom mounted one but is worried about the internal space available in it. While in case of LG since she has already used one for 4 yrs now, she is in known territory
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:03   #749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
1. Haier HRB 331HP4 Bottom mounted refrigerator : Welcome To Haier India : Inspired Living
Don't even think about Haier!!!
I have a couple of Haier appliances both around 4.5 years old.
They worked fine till now. But recently there was minor problems with
both - I don't mind that, appliances do have issues occasionally, but
because of this I had the oppurtunity to interact with Haier Customer Service - it's easily the worst I have experienced in my whole life.
The national customer service reps do little other than passing your
request to their local contractor - there is no way of escalating any issue in case you have issues with the local contractor.

It took 2-3 weeks to repair my fridge (A fan had conked off - it took
them this much time to source the part).

My dryer is still unrepaired after 2 months - they can't get the part
because the product is discontinued - even bigger issue is that through all
these 2 months, they have promised me that it will be done in next couple
of days. The part needed is a very small part - not cost more than 50-100
Rs.

So anyway, it looks very likely that I may have to buy a new dryer.
So what vendors sell dryers. It doesn't look like LG or Samsung sell
dryers. Siemens, IFB & Whirlpool sell dryers.
I don't want IFB, so any idea how good Siemens or Whirlpool customer service is?

Last edited by carboy : 3rd February 2010 at 21:05.
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:14   #750
BHPian

I don't know customer service but what I do know is that Whirlpool build quality isn't very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks