Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 12:20   #856
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 621
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I have a question - I have a usual frost free 2 door LG fridge but I don't use the freezer compartment.

Can I use it instead for keeping vegetables and the like by changing the settings - I've seen a knob in the freezer section ?
Nope, not advised.
The veggies in a fridge already loose their moisture, putting them in the freezer (on even the lowest settings) will only worsen them.
Rocky_Balboa is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 12:22   #857
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATSTN
Posts: 4,988
Thanked: 3,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Nope, not advised.
The veggies in a fridge already loose their moisture, putting them in the freezer (on even the lowest settings) will only worsen them.
+1.
Rocky, I know its not recommended but couldn't explain the technical reason & hence reply earlier. Thanks for enlightening me on that moisture part.
aargee is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 13:11   #858
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 793
Thanked: 591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^AMCs are no solution... not for me. I like things that don't require and AMC; and I consider a product good when it has a guarantee that I never have to use.

The IFB guy who came for the demo of our dish washing machine pushed very hard to sell us a 2 year AMC. Didn't go down well with me...
True, but AMC really helps if at all there is an issue. The IFB washing machine at my home has had n number of repairs, and if not for the AMC, I would have had to spend a fortune by now.
Not going back to IFB again.
Jaguar is offline  
Old 7th April 2010, 15:14   #859
BHPian
 
manavdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 134
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
True, but AMC really helps if at all there is an issue. The IFB washing machine at my home has had n number of repairs, and if not for the AMC, I would have had to spend a fortune by now.
Not going back to IFB again.
Same here. Taken the AMC. Let's see if he repairs it now. No other options left for me . Definately will never look at IFB again ever !
manavdotcom is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 12:53   #860
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,201
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

I have 2 IFB appliances in my home-a front load washing machine (sep 2006) and 30l microwave (2007). Sad to say that they work fine for some time but then require periodic expenses. Perhaps IFB is not the same anymore.

My recent purchase was of a Panasonic 296 L refrigerator last week. Perhaps will go with Panasonic for my next purchase (Plasma).
vasudeva is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 13:23   #861
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,161
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

People looking for water purifier, i will recomment "Pureit"
cheap and best option for now...
lohithrao is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 13:45   #862
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATSTN
Posts: 4,988
Thanked: 3,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
People looking for water purifier, i will recomment "Pureit"
cheap and best option for now...
Sorry, I would say it depends upon the kind of water you have. If the water in the borewell is hard water, then pureit is of no user; one need to hunt only for RO solution.
aargee is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 09:04   #863
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 701
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Digital Photo Frame

Hi Guys

Need your valuable inputs on a digital photo frame. Preferably 7 inch or larger.

Can anyone be kind enough to share their thoughts and experiences as to what needs to be looked in when buying the frame ? Which are the preferred brands etc.

Need to give it as a present

Thanks a zillion
lambuhere1 is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 11:19   #864
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 621
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I believe the only requirement is that we should use steel utensils for cooking. Else it should be suitable for most purposes. I am equally curious about the power consumption this would bring.

Not having a spare gas cylinder means when the gas gets over, our kitchen goes dead. Wanted something more as a backup, hence was considering an induction cooker.

Suggestions on preferred brands as well?
Benny,

Did You manage to buy an induction stove?

If You did, Could You share model, price and experiences.
If not, could You share why You went against it (assuming Your second cylinder didnt arrive)
Rocky_Balboa is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 11:33   #865
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kannur
Posts: 3,556
Thanked: 5,509 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Benny,

Did You manage to buy an induction stove?

If You did, Could You share model, price and experiences.
If not, could You share why You went against it (assuming Your second cylinder didnt arrive)
There is one available from Prestige, Price around 2.7K IIRC including free pressure cooker and a frying pan. Another brand I saw was 'Pigeon'. I was thinking of getting one as I did not have second cylinder. But I got a second cylinder now (temp arrangement) and shelved the plan of getting induction stove. You can see them in GIRIAS.

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th April 2010 at 11:34.
Latheesh is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 12:55   #866
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,946
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default

Bought IFB washing machine and Samsung AC.

One word about IFB - The WORST Customer Service I have ever seen in my life. Word of advice - STAY AWAY. Can you imagine being delivered a WM with a broken table top and I have to make 2 calls a day to get it replaced? Still waiting for the spare. Machine replacement? You must be kidding. They won't do that if it's only the table top that's broken.

Lost my peace of mind trying save some bucks buy buying from CSD. CSD had only IFB, Samsung and Whirlpool WMs.

So my sincere advice is to stay away from IFB.
kiku007 is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 13:27   #867
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,031
Thanked: 6,926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Benny,

Did You manage to buy an induction stove?

If You did, Could You share model, price and experiences.
If not, could You share why You went against it (assuming Your second cylinder didnt arrive)
Your assumption about the second cylinder not arriving is quite right.
However, i didnt buy an induction cooker so far. Since the replacement cylinder arrived, i put away the idea for the time being.. and this will spring back to priority when the gas gets exhausted once again.

As Latheesh mentioned, Prestige has been offerring an induction cooker at 2.7k with freebies. However, i am yet to take the plunge.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 14:24   #868
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,778
Thanked: 395 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Your assumption about the second cylinder not arriving is quite right.
However, i didnt buy an induction cooker so far. Since the replacement cylinder arrived, i put away the idea for the time being.. and this will spring back to priority when the gas gets exhausted once again.

As Latheesh mentioned, Prestige has been offerring an induction cooker at 2.7k with freebies. However, i am yet to take the plunge.

I have "heard" a lot of complaints with prestige induction cooker and good feedback for Pigeon brand, go for Pigeon if and when you plan to.
dadu is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 15:21   #869
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Ok, Not exactly an appliance question.

I need to buy some luggage for air travel. I am tired of throwing away my suitcases after every 4-5 air trips. The way these guys handle luggage , I am thinking buying those sheet metal trunks is the only way out.

Your suggestions on buying long lasting luggage please. Something which can carry 25kgs of load.

Regards,
amohit is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 15:27   #870
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,778
Thanked: 395 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Ok, Not exactly an appliance question.

I need to buy some luggage for air travel. I am tired of throwing away my suitcases after every 4-5 air trips. The way these guys handle luggage , I am thinking buying those sheet metal trunks is the only way out.

Your suggestions on buying long lasting luggage please. Something which can carry 25kgs of load.

Regards,
Why do you want to waste your Luggage weight limit with a metal sheet one. Buy Samsonite, they are light but durable.
dadu is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks