Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 09:01   #1456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
If you've a best service, never even think of DIY. I'm sure you'll have a best service.
Quite frankly, I am not at all impressed with Eureka Forbes A S S, atleast in Bombay & Pune.
In Pune, the guy took 50 Rs more because he didn't have change. And I had to call the office multiple times to get the money back. I then started getting the service done by Waterdoc in Pune, instead of EF. In Bombay, I find their organization works like a govt org. If you call the number, the person picking up gives you another number to call, who then proceeds to give a 3rd number to call & so on & so forth. Finally when the chap landed up he brought only the carbon & not the candle replacement. I had very specifically asked for both. He tried to cover it up by saying that it's company policy to not change both on the same day. I kicked him out without letting him do anything. Finally got the replacement done by an independent service guy. Also a few times, I have emailed Eureka Forbes customer care with my feedback about these things, I have never got any response from them.

That said, there are 100's of people who can service the EF machines - so you aren't really tied to the company for A S S.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:51   #1457
Senior - BHPian

@Carboy - Anku's machine is relatively new. Anything attempts on DIY will void the warranty for now.

And again, I said - "If you've a best service, never even think of DIY"

If he has a bad service, he can always try a DIY. I do not know about Mumbai or Pune, in Chennai, most of the folks, atleast my relatives, haven't even thought "C" of complaint with EF. We've a 6 years old vaccum cleaner, though we don't use it regularly, the service levels are good. I would say, its as good as what Whirpool is offering.

Compared to Kent, EF was quick enough to satisfy Anku & may be the same level of service continues.

@Anku - Did you know that EF people comes to service your water purifier once in 3 months? For the 1st one year, its free of cost.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:55   #1458
BANNED

Quote:
@Carboy - Anku's machine is relatively new. Anything attempts on DIY will void the warranty for now.

And again, I said - "If you've a best service, never even[ think of DIY"

If he has a bad service, he can always try a DIY.
I was commenting only on the best service part. If you go to mouthshut, you will find that most people aren't happy with EF service.

And even if service is bad, then anku shouldn't be doing DIY during the warranty period.

That said, I don't have any complaints about their products at all. My complaints are only about their pathetic A S S.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:56   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Quite frankly, I am not at all impressed with Eureka Forbes A S S, atleast in Bombay & Pune.
In Delhi, Eureka products are serviced by a lot of third party companies. You have to home on to one which gives the best deal. Some how they have the data and at time of renewal the whole lot of them call you up.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:08   #1460
Senior - BHPian

@Guys - Carboy & Aroy - What do you mean by third parties?

Are they franchisors of EF or some company "XYZ" but they service all the water purification system including EF?

I couldn't get that point; here in Chennai, there're so many franchise outlets of EF who do the servicing, but only for EF products.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:54   #1461
BANNED

Quote:
@Guys - Carboy & Aroy - What do you mean by third parties?

Are they franchisors of EF or some company "XYZ" but they service all the water purification system including EF?
I assume most of these are ex-Eureka Forbes employees who have started their own service firm. It may be one or more people who operate out of their homes or a small office. They buy the parts from Eureka & service it. They are usually a little cheaper than EF. They may or may not offer AMCs (I don't have an AMC - I just got a carbon/candle changed by a free-lancer).

Other than that, there are other smaller manufactures whose service centers both service & offer AMC on Eureka Forbes filters.
They also buy their parts from EF or whoever manufactures those parts of EF.

For eg. check
WaterDoc Service Centres
It's not there in Chennai though.

I got my freelancer by searching on Jusdial. He was under the category "Water Purifier Repair & Services-Aquaguard"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
In Delhi, Eureka products are serviced by a lot of third party companies. You have to home on to one which gives the best deal. Some how they have the data and at time of renewal the whole lot of them call you up.
Aroy, what filter do you have & what kind of deal did you get with a 3rd party service guy?

Last edited by carboy : 7th October 2010 at 12:56.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:55   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Or even...

Two-way tap might have meant...

on or off!

Quote:
If you've a best service, never even think of DIY. I'm sure you'll have a best service.
I just had to have a sneak peak at how the thing worked.

Quote:
There're two outputs; one to consume the water & other to be considered as wastage. When you're using flush, the water from the wastage is more & you almost get nothing from the consumption output.
Yeah, I got that working later on. But the problem is that if the tank is full, switching to 'flush' option doesn't cause any water to get out through the reject pipe.

Quote:
Consider an AMC, if you want to keep changing the filters every year as I'm not sure about the level of pollution. Usually EF recommends changing filters every year.
Won't we be needing one from the next year ? Anyway, let us see our water consumption. The manual recommends replacement after 6000 litres.

Quote:
What about the discount part? Did you guys have any discussion at all? I like to know that part.
No, no use. We had to buy a stand from them, which cost an additional Rs. 100, and they refused to give that for free as well.

Quote:
@Anku - Did you know that EF people comes to service your water purifier once in 3 months? For the 1st one year, its free of cost.
Yes, the guy explained everything quite nicely. We get four free services for the first year.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:37   #1463
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a Faber since 2009 ....
Oops: it should be since 2001! Sorry for the mistake.
Old 7th October 2010, 17:13   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A little incident to share on the sides of service

We've a 3 year old Onida A/C...of Onida.

I get a call today from Onida saying the remote is ready & asking my permission to deliver the remote. Not sure if this is the effect of email or coincidence.
Last noon those service guys delivered the remote.

Last evening, I get a call from the service centre asking me if the remote was working fine when I just entered home; so I told them that I'll check & let them know thinking they would not call back.

To my surprise, they called me once again by 8:30 PM & asked me the feedback. So this time, I checked the remote & A/C & gave them a positive response.

Point - I bought Onida 3 years ago because Onida A/C's were using compressor from Matsushita from Japan & the throw was awesome despite the high decible noise. Just got lucky this time with Onida; not sure if this will help us more in future unless Onida improves their service.

Last edited by aargee : 7th October 2010 at 17:16.
Old 8th October 2010, 09:04   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The magnetron is ruled out and the reps would be getting the PCb's today to replace and check.

The reps had also reported that the voltage levels found in my apt are in the range of 256-260. They also confirmed that the oven will work at these voltage levels. However from my side have raised a complaint with the local MSEB authorities. I got the voltage levels in diff apts and in common areas checked and found to be still the same 260V.
The oven finally repaired and brought back into working condition.

The culprit was a capacitor which was found blown and the reps suspected high voltage. Strange that only the capacitor was affected when the controller circuit and many others were haivng the same ratings as the capacitor.
Anyways now that the oven is up and running, the usage is back to normal.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:13   #1466
BHPian

Guys, Any recommendations on vacuum cleaners around 5K?.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:22   #1467
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Panasonic MC4920 & LG 271, both are bagless & good performers.
Avoid Eureka Forbes because that still uses the old Bag for dirt collection.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:34   #1468
BANNED

I will be looking for a wet & dry cleaner with a shampooing attachment. Is such a thing available? I remember using one in the UK in 1991!

Last edited by sgiitk : 8th October 2010 at 11:39.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:37   #1469
Senior - BHPian

Guys, planning to pick up a Dryer. Anyone ever used a Croma Dryer? Or the IFB one?
Old 8th October 2010, 12:54   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
My suggestion is - stay away; but if you still insist, go for Euroclean from Eureka Forbes. Reason?
1. You get a good service
2. You get all the spares even after 20-30 years
3. Very less break downs. Ours is 6+ years old & covered in dust; as a matter of fact, everytime we take it out, we first we first clean the VC with itself & then start using it. No maintenance done till date other than buying the paper bags.
4. Rock solid as I've dropped the unit several times from the cot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks