Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Dishtv installation service is bad !!! They took 2 days to come to do the install, another 2days for it to get activated !!. Though there was no problems using it, i needed to shift my residence and needed them to come to shift it.

Again the same thing. Since 2 days I am calling them up, unable to connect. Today morning they promise to send the people in 2 hours and it is the 6th hour running now. They keep saying they will call back in 10 minutes, half hour etc, but don't. Frustrating experience, this.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

If thre is heavy cloud and its about to rain no signal problem is like known bug with service like tatasky/dishtv.

If there no "no signal" at least picture quality is bad during heavy rains mainly in coastal and hilly areas.

In places like Bangalore uptime is 99.99% I am using tata sky only issue I faced is no Zee kannada and no TV9 kannada and no Sun TV. they told me very soon but i feel they won't introduce thse channels. thats why I am bit upset with tatasky.

Ravi.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:50   #48
BHPian

In Chennai,Obviously i do not have any problems with TATA Sky (Ofcourse,it does not rain here at all)....
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Let the rains start,the problems will follow.
Anywhere it rains DTH service suffers,only option is to use a larger dish and a good LNB.
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have TataSky for more than 5 months and saw the signal interruption only once during a heavy rain last weekend. I am pretty happy with it. Even they give you 3 days grace after your prepaid amount has expired.
Last week i have blown up my Tata Sky power adaptor. it was my mistake. They came down to my house and replaced the adaptor for free. If it is charged, it costs Rs.600 +.
I am happy they are not broadcasting Sun network. Otherwise my m-in-law will be holding the remote.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 3rd July 2007 at 01:04.
Old 4th July 2007, 04:45   #51
SuperSyn

There isn't really much any difference between the quality of Tata-Sky or Dish.

The bigger issue is that most Indian content has such poor production values, in particular audio signal that is horribly compressed dynamic range + poor mixing, that they are unwatchable.

Old 4th July 2007, 10:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

To me both Tata Sky and Dish score over the local cable guy on picture quality and the price offered keeping in mind that you can own the dish no matter where in India you would relocate if so in future.
Old 4th July 2007, 10:58   #53
BHPian

I have been using DishTV for 9 months, and my sis has Tata Sky. Quality-wise, reception-wise, etc. I think they are both same. The major difference is in customer service. I've heard that Tata Sky has pretty decent customer service. For Dish TV, customer service is not bad ... it is non-existent.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:33   #54
BHPian

I know this is an old thread, but . . .

AFAIK the dish just reflects the signals to the receiver in the center.
And obviously, the larger the dish, higher the concentration of signals.

Now this may sound silly but, suppose, you fix a broad metal / fiber sheet circumferentially around a 60 cm dish, matching the concavity, would it work as well as a 90 cm dish during rains by collecting more signals ?!

Has someone tried it ??
Old 10th April 2009, 11:22   #55
BHPian

Havent seen the mounting for the latest Dish antenna. But the older ones had a crappy design, there was possibility of it rotating about the mounting rod due to wind. Tata sky has a far better mount.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:48   #56
BHPian

Tata SKY or Dish TV

Team,

I am planning to shift to Digital TV and am in a Dilemma as to whether to go in for Tata Sky or Dish TV,

I would like your suggestions as to which provider would be the Best Value for Money spent.

Appreciate your inputs,

Cheers,

Peter
Old 4th June 2009, 20:56   #57
Team-BHP Support

Peter, I have no commercial interest in this but I am a fan of Digital TV from Airtel. The user experience compared to Tata sky has been extremely good. You may want to have a look at Broadband Forum India for detailed reviews on all the players in the market.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:59   #58
BHPian

Been a TataSky user since they launched. No issues with the service. I won't comment anything on the prices and channel rates since I never bothered to compare the same.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:19   #59
BHPian

I have been with Tata Sky from the start and I have seen great improvement in their customer service. Their quality is too good and all my friends who are with Tata Sky based on my recommendations, are happy too.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy with TATA SKY too. Only problem is when it rains, there is a loss of signal. I think Dish has the same problem. And then we don't get the local channels in Goa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks