Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:15   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Just the next day, the service engineers came. They checked the set-top box, replaced it and took the old one without any fuss. Just had to pay 350 as service charges, the box was replaced free of cost.
Same situation when my box was 1.5 year old. Replaced exactly the same way.

They actually offer an AMC. Can't recall the amount. That way no further 350/- needs to be paid for such engineer visits.

Overall, I'm quite happy with TataSky for 2 years now. I have 3 boxes at home (2 normal, 1 HD).
Old 12th September 2010, 15:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Anyone facing Tata Sky transmission problems?

For the past 4-5 days, the transmission on some of the channels keeps getting interrupted.

Initially it started with Disc Turbo and some news channels. The video used to keep getting stuck and skipping (similar to when it rains heavily).

Now Turbo works fine but the sports/news channels have stopped completely. Get a message saying that the digicom is not receiving any signal.

Checked the dish and the cable connections, they seem fine.

Any idea what this could be due to?

Fortunately, the old cable connection is still active, so i'l atleast get to watch the race.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 12th September 2010 at 15:09.
Old 12th September 2010, 15:46   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
For the past 4-5 days, the transmission on some of the channels keeps getting interrupted.

Get a message saying that the digicom is not receiving any signal.

Checked the dish and the cable connections, they seem fine.

Any idea what this could be due to?
Signal loss during thunderstorms or heavy rain is normal with satellite TV. This is an inherent issue that I too have seen.

If it is getting frequent or happens during clear weather call TS's support and have a technician check your dish alignment.

Rgds,
Old 12th September 2010, 19:15   #169
Senior - BHPian

Had checked just before the F1 race and only a handful of channels were working. Switch back to cable for the race and checked again just now. All the channels seem to be back and working perfectly (without me even switching off the digicom).

Weird....

Shan2nu
Old 12th September 2010, 20:09   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Shan2nu, I Had the same problem with Tata Sky some weeks ago. Initially i blamed it on the rains but the problem continued even on the days with clear skies, I called up the technician and he confirmed the dish was not adjusted properly. Now it is working fine.
Old 12th September 2010, 20:14   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had checked just before the F1 race and only a handful of channels were working. Switch back to cable for the race and checked again just now. All the channels seem to be back and working perfectly (without me even switching off the digicom).

Weird....

Shan2nu
It's a dish alignment issue. Call TS and have one of their technicians realign the antenna for optimal signal reception. This 'service' needs to be performed whenever there are reception problems. He will also check the cable whilst aligning the dish.
Old 12th September 2010, 21:49   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
It's a dish alignment issue. Call TS and have one of their technicians realign the antenna for optimal signal reception. This 'service' needs to be performed whenever there are reception problems. He will also check the cable whilst aligning the dish.
In my case some channels disappear during the starting of rain only. Resetting the digicomp solves the problem. Once the rain settles the transmission usually comes back. I have checked the signal strength using the options and the signal is usually more than 90%.

Some of the problem seems to be at the transmitting end as there are times when there are drop outs but the channel comes back to where the drop outs started. This usually happens with the newer channels.
Old 13th September 2010, 00:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will get it checked by the technician and see if that is the prob.

Cos the dish position has been the same throughout and yet the transmission right now is flawless.

Shan2nu
Old 13th September 2010, 00:14   #174
BHPian

This might sound a little weird to you guys but a friend of mine has tata sky. We usually watch the race or cricket/football matches at his place, but whenever anybody uses a cell phone near the television, the signal gets disrupted.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:15   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cos the dish position has been the same throughout and yet the transmission right now is flawless.
Shan2nu
The dish is exposed to the elements and that takes its the toll on the mounting/adjustment bracket that aligns the dish, not to mention the LNB and dish assembly itself. If interuptions are frequent then it is best to get it checked. The nature of satellite microwave transmissions is such that having an antenna even a couple of mm off the ideal setting can affect reception.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:16   #176
BHPian

Any Tatasky HD users here? Is it worth spending the money?
Old 8th October 2010, 11:36   #177
BANNED

I messaged them about HD. Got a call within three hours and the chap said - still not launched in Kanpur, will get in touch when we do!
Old 8th October 2010, 17:16   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Any Tatasky HD users here? Is it worth spending the money?
Got my TS HD a couple of days back. They have only 5 channels in HD with more to follow..that's the assurance.

The picture quality in HD is great as may be expected. However teh sound seems weaker than in normal non HD channels. I need to sort that out.

Worth the Rs 2600? Well, it's not bad, but comes down to the individual owner to decide.

I think 2.6K is not bad though I wish they had an exchange scheme whereby they would give me a reduction after taking away my old digicomp.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:22   #179
Senior - BHPian

Got HD installed a couple of weeks ago. The quality on the HD channels in awesome. However, the programs that come on HD are not exciting ones.

The cricket test telecast looks really great on NeoHD. The sound is weaker on HD channels and the UI is also different and is not as simple and good as before.

The quality of other channels is also a little better owing to HDMI cable I guess.

Last edited by srishiva : 8th October 2010 at 17:24.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:23   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Got my TS HD a couple of days back. They have only 5 channels in HD with more to follow..that's the assurance.

The picture quality in HD is great as may be expected. However teh sound seems weaker than in normal non HD channels. I need to sort that out.

Worth the Rs 2600? Well, it's not bad, but comes down to the individual owner to decide.

I think 2.6K is not bad though I wish they had an exchange scheme whereby they would give me a reduction after taking away my old digicomp.
Thanks for the feedback. Did the box come with a HDMI cable?

I also enquired about the exchange offer but no choice than to use the current unit as the secondary with the other tv.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks