Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 11:05   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Umm.. is this a feature of HD+ or can this be done on TS+ too?

(I'm getting ready to kick myself)

I believe you can do it on the plain jane box too.
Although i dont recall now.
maybe someone using the TS+ can enlighten here?
Old 12th November 2011, 12:57   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I have got HD installed in the living room which has the 5.1 channel audio and great to watch matches in HD and 5.1 channel surround sound Dolby and its like being there with out the sweat and the crowds and get a better view sitting at home.
Hi,i hope you can help me out of this.I'm using a TataSKY HD connection with my 40" BRAVIA which is connected to a Sony Home Theater.Are you referring that you are getting the 5.1 Channel sound through your HT or the TV set?If its through HT,how have you connected it?When i use my HT with the TV,i dont see much changes when i watch HD or non-HD channels but if i use only TV speakers,there is some pleasant difference in the sound quality.Also i see 2 USB ports on my TataSKY HD STB.(Its not TataSKY Plus).What could that be for?
Old 12th November 2011, 21:01   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi,i hope you can help me out of this.I'm using a TataSKY HD connection with my 40" BRAVIA which is connected to a Sony Home Theater.Are you referring that you are getting the 5.1 Channel sound through your HT or the TV set?If its through HT,how have you connected it?When i use my HT with the TV,i dont see much changes when i watch HD or non-HD channels but if i use only TV speakers,there is some pleasant difference in the sound quality.Also i see 2 USB ports on my TataSKY HD STB.(Its not TataSKY Plus).What could that be for?
Connect the video out (yellow) alone to the TV and then the audio (Red and white) the TV/Video input of the HT system (I also have a Sony Bravia and Sony HT) and enjoy.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 11:40   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Connect the video out (yellow) alone to the TV and then the audio (Red and white) the TV/Video input of the HT system (I also have a Sony Bravia and Sony HT) and enjoy.
if i'm not wrong, the Bravia, HT and TS HD+ have HDMI and SPDIF, hence can't the following configuration be used:

HD+ --HDMI--> Bravia and Bravia --SPDIF--> HT

i suggest the above because when the HT is turned on, it mutes the Bravia's volume automatically; not sure if this will work if the SPDIF is connected from HD+ to the HT like so:

HD+ --HDMI--> Bravia and HD+ --SPDIF--> HT

currently i've connected the TS+ to my Bravia (EX520) via the Video 1 and then i've got the SPDIF from the Bravia to the HT (840Z). somehow i feel the volume is kinda low.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th November 2011 at 11:42.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:31   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
if i'm not wrong, the Bravia, HT and TS HD+ have HDMI and SPDIF, hence can't the following configuration be used:

HD+ --HDMI--> Bravia and Bravia --SPDIF--> HT

i suggest the above because when the HT is turned on, it mutes the Bravia's volume automatically; not sure if this will work if the SPDIF is connected from HD+ to the HT like so:

HD+ --HDMI--> Bravia and HD+ --SPDIF--> HT

currently i've connected the TS+ to my Bravia (EX520) via the Video 1 and then i've got the SPDIF from the Bravia to the HT (840Z). somehow i feel the volume is kinda low.
Oh me, you are absolutely right, I have made the connection some six months back have totally forgetten about the HDMI connection for the Tata Sky HD. Connect the TV via HDMI and connect the audio channels only to the HT TV/Video input.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 13th November 2011 at 12:32.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:52   #306
Senior - BHPian

Anyone having trouble with ESPN HD? When watching F1 yesterday, it constantly kept freezing up. There was no commentary also for the race.
Old 13th November 2011, 15:06   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
Anyone having trouble with ESPN HD? When watching F1 yesterday, it constantly kept freezing up. There was no commentary also for the race.
yes. same here. all other HD channels were fine. only ESPN HD had this problem. my first ever HD f1 qualifications was without commentry :(
Old 13th November 2011, 21:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude

Oh me, you are absolutely right, I have made the connection some six months back have totally forgetten about the HDMI connection for the Tata Sky HD. Connect the TV via HDMI and connect the audio channels only to the HT TV/Video input.
I have a Sony HT and a Panasonic plasma with Tata sky HD box. Is it better to use a optical cable from TV to HT or is it better to use co axial cable from HD box to HT
Old 14th November 2011, 01:19   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Good to know that the problem is fixed. At least Tata sky is good at returning a call after receiving the mail. Few other biggies just do not.
I think it's call centre service and sending personnel across for shifting etc is best it's always done within time frame and no paying cash almost everything is charged to the account ! Why don't others follow this example be it mobile phone companies, car authorised service centres , banks and all .
Old 14th November 2011, 17:34   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
yes. same here. all other HD channels were fine. only ESPN HD had this problem. my first ever HD f1 qualifications was without commentry :(
+1. I too experienced this freezing up on and off for sometime and since it was my 2nd day of watching HD, I thought it was something wrong in my set-top box

Absolutely loved the F1 race for 30 minutes that I watched ( Remaining to be seen tonight as i have recorded it)
Old 14th November 2011, 18:48   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I have a Sony HT and a Panasonic plasma with Tata sky HD box. Is it better to use a optical cable from TV to HT or is it better to use co axial cable from HD box to HT
The best method is to use the HDMI cable from Tata Sky HD to HT, and then another HDMI from HT to TV (assuming HT has it). The coax is only from the dish to Set Top Box.

By the way are you sure the TV supports an optical cable. Never heard of optical cable being used outside computer LAN, WAN and SAN!
Old 14th November 2011, 23:54   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy
The best method is to use the HDMI cable from Tata Sky HD to HT, and then another HDMI from HT to TV (assuming HT has it). The coax is only from the dish to Set Top Box.

By the way are you sure the TV supports an optical cable. Never heard of optical cable being used outside computer LAN, WAN and SAN!
I'm not so tech savvy, but my TV has a digital optical out and my HT had an optical in so I bought an optical cable and connected them.

Also, how do you know if the sound output is 5.1 channel? When I watch HD channels, oly 4 speakers plus woofer works. The centre speaker doesn't.
Old 15th November 2011, 09:30   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Also, how do you know if the sound output is 5.1 channel? When I watch HD channels, oly 4 speakers plus woofer works. The centre speaker doesn't.
Same her,but this holds good for all the channels i watch if i switch on my HT.The center speaker works only with DVDs having DolbyDigital logo,not even with VCDs.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:32   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

hey,
I am getting another hd+ for my mom put at my place.
Now, the engineer who came over, gave me a call and said he is connecting my HD+ to my modem.
i said ok, and then i was thinking,"er, what?????????????"
any body has any idea what this is?

EDIT:
@h4wk: modem is my wifi unit.He says he's wiring its RJ45 to the modem's.
so guess ill be able to answer your question when i get to the telly!
BTW,Right now the USB makes good enough overnight mobile charger.

Last edited by mayankk : 16th November 2011 at 12:44.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:35   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
hey,
I am getting another hd+ for my mom put at my place.
Now, the engineer who came over, gave me a call and said he is connecting my HD+ to my modem.
i said ok, and then i was thinking,"er, what?????????????"
any body has any idea what this is?
a modem? why would he do that for?

btw, any ideas for what purpose are those RJ45 and the USB ports on the back of the TS+?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks