Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 140 39.77%
No 212 60.23%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th November 2020, 08:23   #751
BHPian

Default Re: One Channel having issue in TSky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Facing a strange issue with TS connection. Only 'Sony TV' does NOT play and keeps saying that it might be raining in our area. But all other channels like 'Colors' comes out fine.

What might be the issue out here?
I booked a visit from TSky technician and he diagnosed the issue as weak signal. He replaced the receiver on the dish, saying it has gone bad. The change brought the channel back. The cost 250/- for receiver and 150/- for the visit.

But, he got a electrical shock touching the metal STB box and he blamed it on the faulty earthing at home.

My question is, we do NOT have any issues with any of our other electrical devices OR gadgets. So, what could be the issue here?
Old 4th November 2020, 09:26   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked a visit from TSky technician and he diagnosed the issue as weak signal. He replaced the receiver on the dish, saying it has gone bad. The change brought the channel back. The cost 250/- for receiver and 150/- for the visit.

But, he got a electrical shock touching the metal STB box and he blamed it on the faulty earthing at home.

My question is, we do NOT have any issues with any of our other electrical devices OR gadgets. So, what could be the issue here?
Even we faced this issue...Starting with Republic TV and later with many other channels. I could see that the signal strength was was in the settings menu. Scheduled a technician visit. He came wth some device to check signal strenght and diagnosed the cause to the splitter behind the STB (it's a HD+ Box with recording) he came the next day and changed that. The signal improved by a decent margin. Recently, we have got a MDU in our apartment (Multi-Dwelling-Unit) and not individual dishes. He told that after this change, signal strength has reduced in general
Old 4th November 2020, 09:33   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The blame is on the STB and not earthing. Because the power adapter of STB is 2 pins, phase and neutral. There is no third earth pin to carry any current leakage to ground. I face this issue in my Tata sky STB and the current Hathaway STB and my Home theater.

Most Viewed