Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:10   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I also have a Airtel stb lying at home for the last year or so. Although we have paid for it, I think legally the stb belongs to Airtel (again not sure what the exact rules and fine print say).
You can activate and deactivate as and when required at least with Tata Sky. I've been doing that for the last year if not more.
Old 2nd January 2019, 10:02   #692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I am assuming that since we paid for STB and Dish, it continues to remain with us and we don't have to hand it over to Tata Sky. Please clarify.
Yep; those are yours: the dish, cabling and set top box. You can let it slip into deactivation and recharge it for the no. of days you want to use as and when necessary.
Old 25th January 2019, 18:38   #693
BHPian

Hi Friends

TRAI implemented the new tariff regime which will allow viewers to pay only for the channels they watch. This evening when I logged in to my online account on TataSky, it presented the page to choose the channels along with the pricing. I found the pricing page so poorly organized that I copied the entire content on Excel so that I can filter out the channels as per the pricing. Here is the excel file for all of you.
I tried not to make any errors however if you do find it please don't kill me for it.

regards
Rachit
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Tatasky channels.xlsx (20.0 KB, 595 views)
Old 25th January 2019, 20:06   #694
BHPian

How will the add-on TV be treated in Tata Sky. Is it treated separately and does one need to select channel packs independent of the first stb.
Old 25th January 2019, 21:28   #695
BHPian

If one selects the HD channels ala carte, do we also need to necessarily subscribe to SD counterpart?

Would HD access fee still be applicable?

Looking at rates of most HD channels, it looks like I may end up paying same or more.
Old 25th January 2019, 21:34   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
If one selects the HD channels ala carte, do we also need to necessarily subscribe to SD counterpart?

Would HD access fee still be applicable?

Looking at rates of most HD channels, it looks like I may end up paying same or more.
No we need not necessarily subscribe to SD counterpart. But a HD channel is counted as 2 channels for the sake of counting for the NCF.

Nothing mentioned about HD Access fees. I think that is not there anymore.

Even I'll end up paying more than already what I'm paying.
Old 26th January 2019, 10:00   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Nothing mentioned about HD Access fees. I think that is not there anymore.
SD and HD channels are two separate channels with separate rates so no "access fee" as such.

Quote:
Even I'll end up paying more than already what I'm paying.
We sir, have been played.
Old 31st January 2019, 09:17   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea what will happen tomorrow if I do not choose channels today?
I have a long term Platinum Sounth HD Pack which is valid till April 2019.

Edit: Just called the customer care...they informed me that they'll change to a pack similar to the current pack and charge accordingly. I may change that later on if I wish.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 31st January 2019 at 09:26.
Old 31st January 2019, 13:11   #699
BHPian

Thanks a ton for the excel file. With a few formula and filters enabled, was able to shortlist channels to suit my budget !

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Hi Friends

TRAI implemented the new tariff regime which will allow viewers to pay only for the channels they watch. This evening when I logged in to my online account on TataSky, it presented the page to choose the channels along with the pricing. I found the pricing page so poorly organized that I copied the entire content on Excel so that I can filter out the channels as per the pricing. Here is the excel file for all of you.
I tried not to make any errors however if you do find it please don't kill me for it.

regards
Rachit
Old 31st January 2019, 15:20   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what will happen tomorrow if I do not choose channels today?
I have a long term Platinum Sounth HD Pack which is valid till April 2019.

Edit: Just called the customer care...they informed me that they'll change to a pack similar to the current pack and charge accordingly. I may change that later on if I wish.
I too have been on the South Mega pack which is the Platinum now. Mine is valid till Feb end. Not really sure what to do and just waiting to get some clarity. Not really interested to call customer care and get half baked information. I am also worried about the multi TV pack now! In total I am paying almost 12K annually since a couple of years now
Old 31st January 2019, 15:43   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I too have been on the South Mega pack which is the Platinum now. Mine is valid till Feb end. Not really sure what to do and just waiting to get some clarity. Not really interested to call customer care and get half baked information. I am also worried about the multi TV pack now! In total I am paying almost 12K annually since a couple of years now
Please select your channels today or else you'll lose a lot more.
Since 2011 I'm on Mega pack. Last year they renamed that as Platinum. With almost all channels (600+) I had paid 8900 last year (It was 4400 in 2011), which is around 650 per month. Obviously We don't watch so many channels. Both my parents, me and my daughter have diverse interest leading to unique channels that we watch. The channels that my wife watches is among these. Put together we watch around 80-100 maximum. now with the new plan when I select the channels it came to 900 per month. I further reduced some more and it came to 750 per month. I selected A la carte. Selecting from packs will actually increase this further.

So If you wait, they'll charge for all channels that is in Mega pack and it'll be easily around 2K per month. it is not worth it IMO. so I'd suggest you to just select your channels now.
Old 31st January 2019, 16:56   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since 2011 I'm on Mega pack. Last year they renamed that as Platinum. With almost all channels (600+) I had paid 8900 last year (It was 4400 in 2011), which is around 650 per month. Obviously We don't watch so many channels. Both my parents, me and my daughter have diverse interest leading to unique channels that we watch. The channels that my wife watches is among these. Put together we watch around 80-100 maximum. now with the new plan when I select the channels it came to 900 per month. I further reduced some more and it came to 750 per month. I selected A la carte. Selecting from packs will actually increase this further.

So If you wait, they'll charge for all channels that is in Mega pack and it'll be easily around 2K per month. it is not worth it IMO. so I'd suggest you to just select your channels now.
Are you sure that ala carte will cost less? I used it and mine came to around 1000 rupees. Later chose broadcaster's packs and it was actually less. Please try if you havent. There will be some combinations where you will not see 1 or 2 channels you want in those packs. For these you can choose from all channels.
I found that only Kannada and English packaging was not good. If you choose higher ones, you will get all other southern languages. However, in English packs they have added Marathi etc. Dont understand what their logic is.

Last edited by srishiva : 31st January 2019 at 16:58.
Old 31st January 2019, 17:20   #703
BHPian

The Ala Carte selection from the excel is much easier. The problem with the website is that I have no way of comparing the different packs - a Broadcaster, say Sony has Sony 1, Sony 2 , Sony n. I have to click each pack, remember what SD and HD channels are there. There is no way of doing a compare that allows me to see if I have selected say 5 Sony channels a la carte - would I be better off selecting one of the packages instead.

But I believe the design being difficult is on purpose - so that subscribers get lost in all the permutations.
Old 31st January 2019, 18:16   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
But I believe the design being difficult is on purpose - so that subscribers get lost in all the permutations.
Let me tell you - Airtel is worse. And because of that, they paid the price on my account today. I downsized from a Rs 700 pm package to a Rs 250 pm package since I was unwilling to go through the complex and ill designed interface. I just picked 5-6 channels I could remember watching and got rid of the rest.
Old 31st January 2019, 18:53   #705
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is exactly the case we you mentioned. I have been on this annual pack since they launched it. Now the struggle is what and how to select. Will head home now and sit with family and start the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks