Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 17:43   #556
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Guys, are all of you having enough recharge balance?

Had the same issue on our TATA sky connection, only to realize later that they deducted money for some channels we had de-activated long back, brought it to zero and inturn freezed the connection. Came back online as soon as we recharged it.

Regarding why we are charged for deactivated accounts - TATA is not taking any complaints now. Telephone lines are not picked up, online complaints site is not working. Nothing. Poor customer service.
Old 12th March 2015, 23:27   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess this is going to continue for couple of days as per TOI article.
Old 12th March 2015, 23:43   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, are all of you having enough recharge balance?
ours is a annual mega pack which comes for renewal in August, so we covered in that department. btw, came home tonight and found all channels restored.
Old 13th March 2015, 01:11   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
ours is a annual mega pack which comes for renewal in August, so we covered in that department. btw, came home tonight and found all channels restored.

Ours as well, with the next recharge coming up only by December. However, instead of mega pack- we had selected south pack.

Technically, we don't need the balance amount as well. But the account status was telling as inactive when I called up customer desk over IVR.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:05   #560
BHPian

Still there are issues in TATA Sky reception. No signal coming in almost all channels.
My kid is enjoying POGO and ZeeQ channels. At least these are coming along with Star Sports 2.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:28   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Still there are issues in TATA Sky reception. No signal coming in almost all channels.
My kid is enjoying POGO and ZeeQ channels. At least these are coming along with Star Sports 2.
As per a news item in TOI, you can sms NS to 56633 if you are still facing outage. I was also having no signal but it got resolved on it's own.
Old 14th March 2015, 16:54   #562
BANNED

Now their subscription service seems to have gone for a six.

I have an annual Mega HD Pack and a MultiTV pack both ending today.

I had an outstanding balance of ₹16536 this morning.

On thursday I got a call from then (Pune no) and checked and requested that the Annual Mega HD Pack should be renewed for two years. ₹14,000 and the MultiTV for one ₹2200. these add up to ₹16,200.

I mailed the helpdesk with no real help.

After a series of smses which renewed both by a year due on 12th March 2016. I tried calling up the call centre. BSNL fixed say none of the numbers exist, I got through from my mobile. Now there was no assistant available, and i requested a call back.

Then I went online and changed the pack to biennial. i was supposed to have a week to do so. Sure enough the request was registered.

Thereafter, I get a message on the TV showing a debit balance of ₹71xx.

What is going on??
Old 14th March 2015, 20:12   #563
BHPian

Not much of a TV watcher, stumbled across this thread, and checked the my Tata Sky account. The accounts in the account is accounted for - no glitches :-) for both the primary and the multi-room accounts.

I guess only some are affected by the bug in their S/W.
Old 14th March 2015, 23:52   #564
BHPian

TataSky upgrades compression format, to add 20 channels

Service disruptions on TataSky in the past couple of days were due to a technology upgrade, the company has stated. The Direct-to-Home operator has introduced a new compression technology to its network and will shortly add 20 channels to its service.

The upgrade work affected services to 17,000 subscribers on Friday, the company has stated. "We change compression standards every 3-4 months and customers are affected … we have send our engineers at their place to resolve the issue," TataSky CEO Harit Nagpal told PTI.

At present TataSky offers more than 300 channels. And despite capacity constraints the company is adding 20 channels to its service owing to improved compression standards through the use of MPEG 4 format. Some of the channels being added would be HD.

"We have got additional capacity due to our timely decision to shift from MPEG 2 format to MPEG 4 format. It cost us money, but helped." TataSky CEO Harit Nagpal told PTI.

TataSky, a Tata Group–Star joint venture, has more than 10 million active connections, of which three-fourths have been converted to MPEG 4. The DTH service provider recently hiked tariff and expects the industry to add 4 million customers each year owing to the ongoing digitalisation programme.

http://www.economylead.com/company/t...channels-62017
Old 26th March 2015, 22:34   #565
Oxy
BHPian

I feel all these d2h services are extremely expensive. The entire point of buying an LCD/LED television is to watch HD channels.

I am on Videocon d2h and these guys have assigned 3-4 HD channels to each of their package. So you have an option to take that package by paying the base price, and then pay an additional fee as an option to watch the HD channels under that package. If that package does not have a particular HD channel that you want, you need to either choose a higher package, or buy that channel separately through Al-a-carte.

Sport HD channels and English HD channels cost a fortune. Basically they are telling us to buy their top of the line package if we want to watch HD channels. Last year, I subscribed to their bare minimum pack plus all HD channels as an add on. Guess what, now they have removed that HD add on from their catalog. My recharge due date is in the first week of May, and I don't know what to do now. I really don't want to spend Rs.630 odd a month for watching TV. I don't watch it much anyway.

Unfortunately, my internet service provider does not have his TV service in my area. Once that comes, which I think should be considerably cheaper, I will ditch these thugs.

How much are folks here spending on these services?
Old 27th March 2015, 14:42   #566
BHPian

What's worse is when TATA sky tells you that there's no base pack without Hindi channels (which nobody watches at parents' home) and we're asked to choose a-la-carte which is not economical for us.

Where I stay, I'm living DTH-free with a connected hard-disk and a soon-to-arrive chromecast. It doesn't make sense to me to pay so much to watch ads.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:52   #567
BHPian

Today i have upgraded from SD to HD setup box. None of the channels are working except Star TV & POGO.
Their customer care number is busy through out the day. Service folks near my area are not ready to fix. They are saying it will automatically get fixed once the upgrade of TATA SKY happens. Dont know what to do.
Old 3rd April 2015, 21:50   #568
Senior - BHPian

Again the channel blackouts have started. On channel 100 you can see their message to the customers about the system upgrade. You can either give them a missed call or send an SMS NS to 56633.

I called their number but got a message that "all lines to this route are busy". I'm guessing they've put this up to pacify the customers until the upgrade is done.
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:35   #569
Team-BHP Support

I faced a blackout yesterday, sent the SMS around midnight and was attended in-person at 11 AM in the morning. I seem to be the exception, given the posts here.
Old 4th April 2015, 12:52   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Today i have upgraded from SD to HD setup box. None of the channels are working except Star TV & POGO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Again the channel blackouts have started. On channel 100 you can see their message to the customers about the system upgrade. You can either give them a missed call or send an SMS NS to 56633.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I faced a blackout yesterday, sent the SMS around midnight and was attended in-person at 11 AM in the morning. I seem to be the exception, given the posts here.
We had the same issue. Sent an SMS to the number given. Promptly the local service guy calls and come over after a few hours to adjust the dish and the LNB. Viola - problem solved. He did mention that all the subscribers would have this issue at various stages of the up gradation and would need to get in touch with the customer service to get it sorted.

Most Viewed