Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2019, 19:25   #706
BHPian

Re: The Tata Sky Thread

Just chose my list of channels. Mostly the same that I had as per the platinum HD pack.

I have done a lot of permutation and combinations. Just selecting the HD channels - I have 2 TVs a 51 inch 1080P plasma and a 43 inch 1080P LED.

The bill came to a whopping 21 K - including multi TV for Rs 700/month. Multi TV cost increases with number of channels.

Last year I paid 8500+2750 for Platinum HD and multi TV connection.

Then I did a broadcaster based selection - with almost all the important ones. Even the channel count was mostly similar. And the bill fell to a manageable 15 K. The multi TV itself @ 6000 per annum.

Unless you set a budget and choose specifically channels that you want to watch ala-carte is actually a lot more costlier. Better to go by bouquet provided by broadcaster.

Will reset it after a month and remove unnecessary channels. The issue now is most service providers have increased the price of multi TV which adds to the cost + any channels over 100 adds to the fees for the service provider.

All in all a hog was unless one sits down and actually select the top 30-40 channels one watches. The earlier packs provided by the service provider was actually way cheaper.

For same configuration I had paid around 11 odd K last year. With ala carte selection this was going up to 21 K and choosing bouquet bought it down by almost 6 K.

So much for freedom. Earlier I had access to hell lot of channels for 11 K and now the overall cost has increased considerably for a almost similar selection of channels.

Choose wisely BHPians. Broadcaster bouquets are the way to go.

One can get an overview on https://channel.trai.gov.in/ in case the service provide channel selector seems confusing.

Also if the selection is not made before 1st Feb one may end up paying a lot more if one has subscribed to annual packs. And if one has multi TV connections the cost can go up by more than double

The intent was right but again the implementation was not very great. They should have kept a check on the additional cost for multi TV.
Old 31st January 2019, 21:42   #707
Team-BHP Support

Had to do the whole exercise because my long-term pack is still valid through March 2019.

The TRAI selector is very helpful. Chose an a la carte list of 60-odd channels we watch (mostly HD ones) with an indicated price of ~700 INR including fees. The optimized suggested bouquet combo got the price down to ~500 INR for 80-odd channels including all our choices except a few, that I added a la carte separately for ~50 INR. Total ~550 per month. Pretty neat considering TataSky charges ~4.5k INR for a 6-month subscription.

Best bit is TRAI site suggests broadcaster and bouquet name combinations so all ones needs to do on the TataSky site (which sucks to epic proportions) is check a few boxes and hit checkout.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st January 2019 at 21:43.
Old 1st February 2019, 07:52   #708
BHPian

Cross Posting from TRAI Thread

After waiting for more than 12 hours for a call from Tata Sky back office regarding cancelling my additional STB, I called up the call center at 10 pm last night.
They returned the call at 11.30 pm and the executive asked the reason for shutting the multi tv stb.
As I was put on hold, he cancelled the Multi TV connection.
This morning, first thing, I checked the second STB and it says that the account has been deactivated. Primary STB working well.

Only issue is that channels I did not choose via A-La-Carte are still showing up in my channel list.
Have to get that clarified soon.

For Tata Sky Subscribers:
On your registered mobile no, call up 88804 88804 to know your latest balance, validity etc.
This was mentioned by the call center executive.

The Tata Sky Thread-image1-1.jpeg
Old 1st February 2019, 11:04   #709
BHPian

I am on Tata Sky and had chosen my channels already. Yet today I found none of the selected channels activated - it is still showing the old channels.

I called Tata Sky a couple of times, but the automated voice informed that due to heavy call volumes, they will call me back, but no call back so far.

Now I am in the dark as to what services they are offering and how much they are charging for them.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:17   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
I am on Tata Sky and had chosen my channels already. Yet today I found none of the selected channels activated - it is still showing the old channels.

I called Tata Sky a couple of times, but the automated voice informed that due to heavy call volumes, they will call me back, but no call back so far.

Now I am in the dark as to what services they are offering and how much they are charging for them.
Same here.
Also, I can't find the current pack mentioned anywhere in the website. There is no way to see which channels we are subscribed to right now.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:57   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same here.
Also, I can't find the current pack mentioned anywhere in the website. There is no way to see which channels we are subscribed to right now.
I sat till 11:30 yesterday. selected all channels, which was 800 odd. Optimised and finally came to 690. After checking out apart from a standard message that this will be applied from Feb1, nothing else was shown.

I called the customer care a few minutes ago and asked why is this and how can I confirm what has actually been applied. He told I'll get a message today evening about the channels and packs I'm subscribed to right now. Hopefully they do it right
Old 1st February 2019, 19:34   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

I subscribed to an annual pack (2 TVs) in mid-Dec '18 and have chosen to retain it. So far TS hasn't changed my pack arbitrarily, the validity still shows Dec 2019. TRAI has been clear that those who have prepaid and wish to continue with their LTPs can continue to do so. So far so good..fingers crossed
Old 1st February 2019, 21:00   #713
BHPian

For those who are experiencing connectivity issues with Tata Sky helpline, you can use their chat application. You can find the "Chat with us" button at the bottom of Tata Sky website's homepage. Click on it and you'll be redirected to their Facebook page. The chat box will automatically pop up.

It works pretty much like an IVRS where you select the information you are seeking through interactive links. More importantly for now, we can add/drop packs or channels from using the menu. I just tried it and it worked perfectly. It also displays the price (incl. GST) of the respective pack or channel below.

I found the chat app experience a lot better than their call centre.
Old 1st February 2019, 21:17   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, I'm glad I got rid of my Tata Sky. Moreover, I managed to salvage a western digital 500gb hdd from the hd+ box as well.
However, I'm dreading setting up the new channel selection on my parents' connection, reading the user experiences posted so far.
Old 1st February 2019, 21:28   #715
BHPian

Till today evening, the new set of channels I've selected did not get activated. Now when I switched on TV, the channels are as per those that I selected. But, I got the below message that I cannot record when I tried to.

Till yesterday I've a yearly pack whose end date is in Nov 19 with some 800+ balance . Now the end date is shown as March 19 with some 800+ balance.

How is it related to recording when there is balance and what happened to my nearly 10 months balance. Mine is HD PVR STB.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Sky Thread-1549036647506.jpg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 1st February 2019 at 21:43.
Old 2nd February 2019, 07:36   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Till today evening, the new set of channels I've selected did not get activated. Now when I switched on TV, the channels are as per those that I selected. But, I got the below message that I cannot record when I tried to..
The recording issue is now sorted out. I'm able to record. The only pending issue is the balance which is to be adjusted on a prorated basis as mine was a long duration pack whose validity was till Nov 2019.

Also, the Tata Sky app now shows the new channels selected under my plan.
Old 2nd February 2019, 08:30   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the Tata Sky app now shows the new channels selected under my plan.
Can you guide me to the section in the app where this data is shown. I had a chat with customer service person yesterday and he did say, i could see the details by the end of day yesterday. But i am yet to locate these details in my app.
Old 2nd February 2019, 08:58   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Can you guide me to the section in the app where this data is shown..
Open Tata Sky app and on top right corner, you will find a person symbol which takes you to a banner that emerges from right side of your mobile.

On this, select My Tata Sky --> Manage Packs. Here it shows the new selected channels as per ones choice.

I guess the new channels/packs are only shown here after your account is migrated.

Hope I'm clear. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:10   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Hope I'm clear. Thanks.
Thank you very much sir. I had been getting an error every time i clicked "manage packs" till the time i posted. Just after reading your post, i try it again and i get the details of what i had chosen. Thanks again.
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:40   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only pending issue is the balance which is to be adjusted on a prorated basis as mine was a long duration pack whose validity was till Nov 2019.
Got the below SMS 2 minutes ago. According to this, balance adjustment will happen in 36 hrs
Quote:
Basis your selection, new TRAI pack request has been processed successfully. To know your new packs login to www.mytatasky.com

Your A/C balance: Rs104.33

Monthly Recharge : Rs695.70

Next recharge date: 06-Feb-2019

If applicable, MultiTV prices and long duration packs balance adjustment will reflect within 36hrs thus your A/C balance and next recharge date will be revised accordingly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks