Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2019, 10:09   #736
BHPian

Re: The Tata Sky Thread

Here is my experience with Tata Sky:

I have been living with poor picture quality (picture goes black or freezes intermittently for a few seconds) for some time. Since we did not watch TV too much, I hadn't cared about this initially. Recently, my in-laws moved in with us, and they found it annoying. So, I decided to complain.

In June 2019, I made 3 complaints. Each time, the issue would be fixed by the technician, and it would reappear after 2 or 3 days. As per the Tata Sky call centre, the only escalation I can do is to get the call transferred to the "senior call centre executives". In July, I raised another complaint. As usual, the technician appeared. But, this time he said that he would not be able to fix this, and this is some issue from the backend (don't know what that means). He left and closed the issue as fixed and Rs 150 was deducted from my balance. I called the customer care again, and they said that they will arrange another visit. I got two messages saying confirming the time for the visit, but no one has bothered to appear. Calling the customer care is useless, since they just repeat the same words every time (Sorry for the inconvenience. Our team will contact you within 24 hours and arrange a technician.)

Meanwhile, I tried mailing the customer care and the Nodal officer. i have not received anything other than automated replies.

I have also registered a complaint on the National Consumer Helpline. I hope they will help me out.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:26   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I have been living with poor picture quality (picture goes black or freezes intermittently for a few seconds) for some time.
Have you tried looking at the signal quality values that show up in the settings menu or so? If that's good, then maybe you can ask the technician to get either the dish or the LMB(?) unit replaced.
Finally, sad that you are facing issues. I have had good experience with them this far, including getting the dish unit replaced and for a trivial reason (it faded over the years, hehe!). Hope you get a resolution this time. Cheers!
Old 12th July 2019, 10:36   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Have you tried looking at the signal quality values that show up in the settings menu or so? If that's good, then maybe you can ask the technician to get either the dish or the LMB(?) unit replaced.
During the time when the issue occurs, signal quality keeps fluctuating. It will suddenly drop to 0 from good signal quality.

For now, all I want is a technician to come home and try to fix the issue. That is not happening, forget the box replacement.
Old 14th July 2019, 13:44   #739

The new Multi-TV policy is just organized loot. If you intend to watch the same channels in the bedroom as in your living room, it means you are charged double the amount. It would not be as bad if they didn't levy "network fees" for the second TV. For me it became pointless, and I suspended my second TV connection. As it is I am addicted to my Amazon Fire TV stick..

Some might want to consider the Tata Sky Binge that comes with a free Fire TV Stick, Hotstar, Hungama etc at 249/- pm. Amazon Prime included for three months. No live TV, but you can watch all your subscribed channels (recorded) for the past 7 days.
Old 18th July 2019, 06:55   #740
Senior - BHPian

Have been using Tata Sky for the last 8 years now. Post the TRAI rule change earlier this year, I have been recharging monthly against the yearly one time recharge that I used to do.
However, in the last one year I have also added Netflix, Hot star and even Sun NXT to my subscriptions. And so this month I decided not to renew Tata Sky and see how it pans out.
Its just the three of us at home, my wife is content with Netflix, my 7 year old son is happy with streaming his animated movies thru Apple TV and for me I have no time for TV thru the week. And during the weekend movies are usually watched on amazon prime and the likes.
So can we manage without Tata Sky? Have to wait and watch.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 07:18   #741
Senior - BHPian

We removed Tata Sky a year back since Netflix keeps us busy. For regional content I have Prime. Airtel has given us both for free, and it sure is an addiction. Additionally, Jio gives Hotstar and so sports/news is covered. Rest, I don't need!
Old 18th July 2019, 11:01   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Meanwhile, I tried mailing the customer care and the Nodal officer. i have not received anything other than automated replies.

I have also registered a complaint on the National Consumer Helpline. I hope they will help me out.

Try twitter. I have seen that customer care try to reach once you post a complaint on their twitter handle.
Old 18th July 2019, 11:06   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Try twitter. I have seen that customer care try to reach once you post a complaint on their twitter handle.
I did that. After that and the complaint on NCH, they came and replaced some switch and amplifier in the common shaft. It has been okay after that.
Old 19th February 2020, 17:17   #744
BHPian

A small query: We have a Tata Sky connection and its subscription ended last Sunday. I got this when my parents were here for a month. Since my wife and I don't watch TV, can I leave the subscription as if (that is, not recharge it)? Can I simply recharge it next time my parents or in-laws are here through the app or do I have to maintain a constant subscription?
Old 19th February 2020, 20:59   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Can I simply recharge it next time my parents or in-laws are here through the app or do I have to maintain a constant subscription?
You do NOT have to maintain subscription. I visit India, once in an year for a month OR so and recharge only for that month/period. Rest of the year, it remains suspended. NO issues, so far.
Old 22nd February 2020, 15:15   #746
BHPian

Am already having Tata Sky HD+ PVR box . Want to go for Binge+ box by upgrading for Rs 5999-Rs1000= Rs4999/-
Since I don't have any issues till now with the HD PVR box, planning for upgrade option.

My TV is LG 55SM9000 4K model. SInce the max resolution with the HD PVR is only 1080i, am planning for either Binge+ box or Airtel Xtreme Box , both of which are 4K capable in picture quality. Hooked up to TV is the LG soundbar SL8YG which is Dolby Atmos capable for Netflix content only as of now.

My only worry is quality of picture and sound. I mostly watch all the streaming services via my TV which has all the apps including the Apple TV+.

If I go for Airtel Xtreme, i can use my existing Prime subscription (Valid Till 6th Oct 2020), Hotstar subscription valid till June 2020 and Sunnxt valid till Jan 2021 along with Netflix. I use all the apps from TV. Also seeing posts concerning picture quality (colour issues) and lack of 5.1 on Amazon Prime, etc with Airtel Xtreme box. Are these any to worry if going for Airtel.

If I go for Binge+ box, I need to pay 249 to use any of these apps except Netflix (not available now) and also to watch the previous 7 days catch up TV feature (since used to recording facility in current box). Even after the current annual subscription plan for these apps is over, if I pay 249, will I be able to get full Prime benefits which include next day delivery as it is available currently. I mean full prime benefits and not just prime video only.

One way to avoid catch up TV is to watch them on Hotstar whenever wanted without recording.

Also, the initial cost for Airtel Xreme is Rs 2249(since I'm Airtel Broadband customer, I'm eligible for 2249 offer as informed by Airtel Broadband person).

If Airtel I need to change the complete setup from Dish, wiring and box , all for Rs 2249.

If its TataSky Binge+, it will be 4999 and just a box swap and may be LNB change as well to accommodate single cable from 2 cables of PVR box.

So pl suggest which is better among Tata Sky Binge+ and Airtel Xtreme. Main consideration is Picture quality and Sound Quality.
Old 22nd February 2020, 20:41   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

My only worry is quality of picture and sound. I mostly watch all the streaming services via my TV which has all the apps including the Apple TV+.

If I go for Airtel Xtreme, i can use my existing Prime subscription (Valid Till 6th Oct 2020), Hotstar subscription valid till June 2020 and Sunnxt valid till Jan 2021 along with Netflix. I use all the apps from TV.
If your TV already has all these apps, then why do you want to use airtel or tatasky box for any of these apps?
Irrespective of what you connect, apps in TV will continue to be available - you have to just select the correct source/mode in TV.
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:02   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Am already having Tata Sky HD+ PVR box . Want to go for Binge+ box by upgrading for Rs 5999-Rs1000= Rs4999/-
Since I don't have any issues till now with the HD PVR box, planning for upgrade option.

My TV is LG 55SM9000 4K model. ..............

I suggest that you use the TV for streaming and Tata Sky for broadcasts.

The 4K LG TV comes with all the apps and Prime, Netflix and Video is accessible directly from the remote. So there is no need to have ant extra vox.

4K transmission is yet to catch up with HD and there are very few channels that transmit native 4K content.

I bought the LG 4K TV (55SM8100PTA) around Diwali. I have Tata Sky HD+ on 2 TV and recently got Jio set top box free with their fibre net connection. 4K streaming is pretty bad except in a few cases that have original content in 4K. Rest are just upressed HD content. So time is yet not ripe to invest in any 4K streaming solution.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 13:12   #749
BHPian

Have been using TA HD+ box since the time it was launched and till last month have had no issues with it. Strangely since a few weeks now I have observed:

1. The set top box takes longer time to startup. Initially I thought it could be a power issue and played with the plugs etc. Looking for help online, got to know that its similar to the boot process of any computer and due to digital signals and complex software, this delay is expected. Yet to check with TA CC.
2. The set top box one day just did not start and flashed a message that it cannot display and suggested to call CC.
3. Raised a tkt with TS CC and they said they will upgrade the software in the background and would eventually work.
4. They suggested they can provide a refurbished box for 700/-, flip side is years of recorded content by "wife" would go and this was not acceptable to her and had drop that option.

Now its working however the delay in starting is becoming worst. Just not able to figure out a way and these guys are so proprietary that the device cannot even be repaired and contents cannot be transferred! Any pointers or anyone with similar issues?
Old 2nd November 2020, 05:03   #750
BHPian

Re: One Channel having issue in TSky.

Facing a strange issue with TS connection. Only 'Sony TV' does NOT play and keeps saying that it might be raining in our area. But all other channels like 'Colors' comes out fine.

What might be the issue out here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks