Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 13:46   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
We had the same issue. Sent an SMS to the number given. Promptly the local service guy calls and come over after a few hours to adjust the dish and the LNB. Viola - problem solved. He did mention that all the subscribers would have this issue at various stages of the up gradation and would need to get in touch with the customer service to get it sorted.

Yep, the service guy came and said the same thing; need to adjust the LNB to tune to another frequency. All of this was done within 15mins! They're switching over to a new frequency and have ported most of the channels. Once all the channels are switched I'm thinking one more visit will be required to readjust the LNB.
Old 4th April 2015, 14:18   #572
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

I'd suggest you cut the chord and go reception less. Use the TV to watch shows/movies via USB stick or connect your laptop.

Else, do what we do - use a CRT TV and downgrade to a regular package with SD channels. SD quality on LCD/LED looks like crap.
Old 4th April 2015, 18:35   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I faced a blackout yesterday, sent the SMS around midnight and was attended in-person at 11 AM in the morning. I seem to be the exception, given the posts here.
I had the same problem on 2nd night and as well my neighbour. Sent the sms and in the morning it was attended to and set right.
Old 6th April 2015, 09:36   #574
BHPian

I have been facing the black out for about a week. Sent an SMS, Gave a missed call. But no one showed up till now!

Not a good sign of Customer Service.
Old 6th April 2015, 09:39   #575
BHPian

This is the second time I am facing this issue, last month the services were out for 4 days and again this month, its day 4 already. I have sent the SMS, no one showed up yet. Really frustrated with the way this situation is being handled. I am seriously considering switching from Tata saky.
Old 6th April 2015, 17:27   #576
Team-BHP Support

Indian jugaad option: get your local TataSky technician's number on his next visit (mine gave out his number voluntarily).

Unless your issue needs parts replacement or some official tweaking at service provider's end (which would warrant a job card be opened), contacting the guy directly for help usually works much faster than the customer service route. Mine has even opened a job card on the phone for me a couple of times in the past after determining what the actual issue was.
Old 6th April 2015, 17:42   #577
BHPian

Yesterday Messaged the following
The Tata Sky Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428322062.239319.jpg

Got the following reply today
The Tata Sky Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428322111.966074.jpg

No signs of sending technician. Even tried calling CC, I disconnected after 15 mins of waiting

My family is very frustrated with not being able to watch regional channels and all HD Channels from past 4 days

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th April 2015 at 17:44.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:35   #578
BHPian

I honestly, don't know if there was a problem with TS - I hardly watch TV, even though I pay 600 odd bucks.

Exccept maybe, Nat Geo, Discovery & Sports - there is absolutely nothing to watch. I just know why we pay for DTH.
Old 7th April 2015, 13:42   #579
BHPian

Quite disappointing attitude from Tata group here. I'm not able to view channels since the last 5 days. They keep sending messages everyday but no one has turned up yet. I'm eagerly waiting for the day when DTH portability becomes a reality. Would at least make these operators value their customers more!
Old 7th April 2015, 15:45   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I'm lucky here. There are 2 channels which are not coming on my Tata sky and one of them is Times Now. :-)
Old 7th April 2015, 16:02   #581
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi at least, I have had no issues from TataSky. I subscribed to the service in Dec 2005 and got the wiring concealed in 2008 when I got the home repainted. Recently, I got the home repainted again and although I could get Airtel and get the new wiring properly done before paintwork, I did not. I have stuck with TataSky.
Old 14th April 2015, 09:15   #582
BHPian

I also have the issue of Tata sky black out of HD and regoinal channels. Registered the complaint 10 days ago and till now nobody from Tatasky turned up. Complained to nodal officer also. No respite and is a waste. Never seen Tatasky so irresponsible in my last 5 years of owning them.

Does anybody have if a DIY is possible in this case? I understand we need to reposition the antenna. Not sure if anything else is to be done. If anybody has done DIY successfully, please let me know
Old 14th April 2015, 10:00   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I also have the issue of Tata sky black out of HD and regoinal channels. Registered the complaint 10 days ago and till now nobody from Tatasky turned up. Complained to nodal officer also. No respite and is a waste. Never seen Tatasky so irresponsible in my last 5 years of owning them.

Does anybody have if a DIY is possible in this case? I understand we need to reposition the antenna. Not sure if anything else is to be done. If anybody has done DIY successfully, please let me know
Yes a DIY is possible after seeing what the service guy did to rectify the problem.

He attached a device between the receiver and actual cable wire. Basically he removed the cable from the receiver, plugged it into his device and then plugged another wire from the device into the receiver.He just loosened the receiver on the dish and started turning it clockwise/counter clockwise till the device registered approx 80% signal. Then he tightened it back.

You can try the same. Be on the phone with someone who can monitor the TV and keep rotating slowly till you get the HD channel back.

The device was showing INSAT 4A as the satellite
Old 14th April 2015, 11:48   #584
BHPian

Issue resolved on 8th day after complaining

The technician visited did some tuning in Dish Antenna, it was 5-10 mins job.

The Tata Sky Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428992216.630443.jpg

Last edited by driving_smartly : 14th April 2015 at 11:52.
Old 14th April 2015, 13:09   #585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes a DIY is possible after seeing what the service guy did to rectify the problem.

He attached a device between the receiver and actual cable wire. Basically he removed the cable from the receiver, plugged it into his device and then plugged another wire from the device into the receiver.He just loosened the receiver on the dish and started turning it clockwise/counter clockwise till the device registered approx 80% signal. Then he tightened it back.

You can try the same. Be on the phone with someone who can monitor the TV and keep rotating slowly till you get the HD channel back.

The device was showing INSAT 4A as the satellite
The guy who fixed mine didn't even bother with the monitoring device or playing tag team.

He started my set-top box, verified that signal quality was down in the dumps, went to the roof, adjusted the signal receiver attached to the antenna (gave it a twist basically), then verified that my box was showing 80%+ signal strength. Resolved in less than 5 mins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks