Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 21:14   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

a modem? why would he do that for?

btw, any ideas for what purpose are those RJ45 and the USB ports on the back of the TS+?
Ok.so apparently its a proactive measure.
Soon you'll be able to download and watch any unrecorded show from last 5 days of programming from some specific channels under VoD.
Nice touch.
Not up yet.
Although if they are putting in patch cords of their own volition,the day can't be far,eh?
Old 15th December 2011, 15:47   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

The ads have started flowing for the VoD feature on HD+ boxes. I also read on the tatasky site that you will just need to fix the ethernet cable from your ISP's modem into the HD+ box and then it will automatically setup the IP configuration. They've also mentioned that this will be auto for many ISPs. I have tried with both Airtel as well as ACT Broadband - no luck. It is still not showing an IP configurations, neither is it connecting to the VoD service.

Any ideas how I can manually set this up?
Old 15th December 2011, 15:54   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
The ads have started flowing for the VoD feature on HD+ boxes. I also read on the tatasky site that you will just need to fix the ethernet cable from your ISP's modem into the HD+ box and then it will automatically setup the IP configuration. They've also mentioned that this will be auto for many ISPs. I have tried with both Airtel as well as ACT Broadband - no luck. It is still not showing an IP configurations, neither is it connecting to the VoD service.

Any ideas how I can manually set this up?

get the engineer over.
I dowloaded some hindi flick last night.

takes about the same time as a torrent.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:18   #319
BHPian

Even I am using this. Downloaded few of the programs.

But I would have loved, if they allowed streaming instead of download to finish before viewing.
Old 20th December 2011, 01:15   #320

Mayank/Vishal,

i see couple of things on my VoD without connecting to network,

TS+HD AV
Filler
Comedy
Coke Studio

are you saying you can see more on your VoD after connecting to network ?
did you do any specific settings ?

regards,
kamalnv
Old 20th December 2011, 20:07   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

i've not been able to download anything till now on vod.
whenever i try to download, i get an error that the show is not available.
can anyone tell me any shows you've downloaded, l'll try the same.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:35   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
get the engineer over.
I dowloaded some hindi flick last night.

takes about the same time as a torrent.
Yeah I realised what the problem is - before I get connected to the net, I need to be authenticated. This was not possible on the TS+ box, so was unable to access VoD. But friend who tried said it doesn't look worth it (for the moment atleast). So not bothered.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:38   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalnv View Post
Mayank/Vishal,

i see couple of things on my VoD without connecting to network,

TS+HD AV
Filler
Comedy
Coke Studio

are you saying you can see more on your VoD after connecting to network ?
did you do any specific settings ?

regards,
kamalnv

Yup, a lot more.
That filler etc content has not changed in about a year at least.
ask your TS engineer over, he will connect it, and the patch cord's free too!
Old 30th December 2011, 04:51   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Yupp I got exactly the same deal. The trouble with asking HDFC to convert into EMI is that they charge a fee for that. What Tata Sky promised me was that there is no processing fee or interest charge for a 3/6 month EMI option. Which is why I went for the EMI option (who doesn't like freebies?). I would have bought the box anyway but.

I did see that Tata Sky was offering the HD+ box for 2k or something. This was running on the 100 channel a few days ago; not sure if it is still valid or what was the catch with that offer? Check it out.

Text of the email received from Tata Sky customer care more than two months ago:

To: nkapoor777@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, 8 September 2011 7:00 PM
Subject: Direct Sale Refund

Respected Sir,

Sub ID: 1000766459
Mr Nitin Kapoor,
As per the conversation this mail is refrence to the transation, you have done for the HD+ box (RS3999)
Sir you have asked to do transation of RS3999 in EMI, Due to our mistake the transation done with out EMI, Sorry for the same.
So we have taken the refund request, the amount would be credited in your CC A/C in next 05 to 07 Business Days.
The transation ID for the full Payment 1-11270925984.
The request ID for refund 1-11385113367
Regards
Tata Sky
[THREAD ID:1-58APS94]
Update on my case: Issue solved after a minor hiccup!

I finally got through the phone no given for the Delhi nodal officer and explained my case to the lady on the other side. She gave me a patient hearing and assured me that the issue will be sorted soon. After a couple more conversations, I reluctantly agreed to redo the transaction and get the old one reversed. But my worst fears came true and the entire amount of 3,999/- was charged again to my card. This time the transaction was done on my citibank cc which had the same emi offer as per TS.

I called up the nodal officer again and really blasted them and told them that I will cancel my three subscriptions as well as file a dispute on the cc. The lady was quite apologetic and assured me that this will be rectified in 2-3 working days. And it finally did get sorted. Got the refund for the original transaction and the second one as well followed by a call from Citibank that the transaction has been converted into 6-emi option from Dec 2011 statement onwards.

A bit of a rollercoaster ride, but I'm satisfied nonetheless.
Old 30th December 2011, 13:42   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The best method is to use the HDMI cable from Tata Sky HD to HT, and then another HDMI from HT to TV (assuming HT has it). The coax is only from the dish to Set Top Box.

By the way are you sure the TV supports an optical cable. Never heard of optical cable being used outside computer LAN, WAN and SAN!
What if one only has the TV & the HD set top box & no HT. Then it is a straightforward HDMI connection right between the two for audio & video?

Last edited by AvinashV : 30th December 2011 at 13:43. Reason: Grammatical mistakes
Old 30th December 2011, 14:35   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys, help me out here.
Problem is my remote doesn't work for about 5 minutes, then starts working intermittently, gradually starting to function at a 100% almost 30 minutes after i switch everything on.

Now, I got the remote changed(3), the HD box changed(2).
Changed input ports on telly, but nothing worked.

Now what iahve finally diagnosed is that if the TV is on standby, the HD box receives signals just fine(the red led that flashes on the box), but as soon as the televion is turned on from standby, the above thing starts happening.
Solution , anyone please?

The work around that currently have is leave the TV on fr about 30 minutes, do everything else, and then come to watch.

its the same problem with my FIL who has the exact same tv.
Nothing of this sort with my mom who has a different telly.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:21   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem is my remote doesn't work for about 5 minutes, then starts working intermittently, gradually starting to function at a 100% almost 30 minutes after i switch everything on.

Now what iahve finally diagnosed is that if the TV is on standby, the HD box receives signals just fine(the red led that flashes on the box), but as soon as the televion is turned on from standby, the above thing starts happening.

The work around that currently have is leave the TV on fr about 30 minutes, do everything else, and then come to watch.

Looks like there is communications problem between the TV and the HD box. The signal from Tata Sky most probably does not "wake" the TV up. This is similar to a laptop computer going to sleep even though there is processing going on - as the sleep/screen save functions are dependent on the idle time of the input and not the processor!

You may have to get the TV checked. May be there is a work around, if not try and get the "stand by" disabled.

Try this
. Power Off the HD box
. "Wake up" your TV
. Power on the HD box

If it works, fine, else disable the stand by mode.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:44   #328
BHPian

Quote:

It does happen across all HD+ boxes. It is some kind of input lag. It's just like the way your mouse pointer/programmes take a bit longer to respond if your pc has just been booted(older/weaker PCs will have this issue). Ditto with the HD Box, it takes its own sweet time to initialize completely(more like 2-5 mins and not 30) and during that time the input from the remote does not get processed at all or does get processed after a delay. Once the box is fully active the lag gradually subsides.
However, as mentioned, this lag lasts for maximum 5 minutes after startup in most cases, 30 minutes of this points to a hardware fault.
Old 30th December 2011, 19:49   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n

It does happen across all HD+ boxes. It is some kind of input lag. It's just like the way your mouse pointer/programmes take a bit longer to respond if your pc has just been booted(older/weaker PCs will have this issue). Ditto with the HD Box, it takes its own sweet time to initialize completely(more like 2-5 mins and not 30) and during that time the input from the remote does not get processed at all or does get processed after a delay. Once the box is fully active the lag gradually subsides.
However, as mentioned, this lag lasts for maximum 5 minutes after startup in most cases, 30 minutes of this points to a hardware fault.

So that leaves the telly.
Everything else has been changed.
But how does the problem replicate on a different set of same machines.

Say, could it be due to the hdmi cable?

Edit:I aint fibbing.lag is 30 minutes.

Last edited by mayankk : 30th December 2011 at 19:50.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:33   #330
BANNED

Not possible to renew annual pack in advance on TataSky

I just found out that it is not possible to renew any annual pack in advance on TataSky. You can only do so once the old term has expired. You see the expiry date as the annual pack expiry plus the same on a daily basis till your payment runs out.

I have a MegaPack and also a multiroom subscription. I had some time (till mid-March) on the annual megapack plus some Rs.571 left. I recharged by Rs.7500 expecting it to cover (with the 571 remaining the annual mega pack (Rs.6000) and also an annual subscription (Rs.1760) for the multi-room. When the annual pack on multi-room became available I never had a notification.

I saw an expiry date in mid-December. So I complained, and then got a call explaining that they have entered the annual for the multi-room but the MegaPack can ONLY be renewed after expiry. In other words the scene is set to charge you daily rates for a few days at least.

There is no mention of this anomaly on their web site!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks