Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 09:23   #91
BHPian

As regards Tata sky installation, I was very impressed when they installed my Tatasky Plus. The techs came an hour earlier than promised, they climbed my false ceiling to run the cable, they drilled with a concrete bit and used plastic rowel plugs (many workmen just use wooden bits which come out within a week), they tied the cable down at various places, using cable ties, and generally did a very very neat install. My system was up and running within one hour.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:22   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Your STB would still be under warranty otherwise you'd have to pay for the same right?
Not so, it was not under warranty. I understand the call charge is Rs.350 irrespective of what is to be done. It could be a loose wire, or replacement of the whole system!
Old 10th June 2009, 10:55   #93
BHPian

It's been 33 months since Tata Sky was installed at my place, with the only issue being a blown adapter which was replaced under warranty. Have not faced any issues since then.
The only sore thing with them is the remote not being of the universal type (like what Airtel offers). Can i buy one such type, and at what price? If anyone's got it already, please do share the details.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:23   #94
BHPian

After viewing this thread, i have decided to go with Tata Sky. i am concerned about the cable being visible in my living room. Do these guys cover the cable with plastic patti, or should i get an electrician to do that?

Bangalore Guys (esp South Bangalore),
can you recommend a good electrician, who can help with placing this cable and also wiring for a home theater system without spoiling the appearance of living room?

thanks.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

does anyone know the power consumption of the TataSky Plus kit ? Need to know this to ensure it remains within power backup I have available in case of blackouts.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:34   #96
BANNED

I know the normal tataSky is 16W Off and 18W on.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

You mean including the satellite transceiver and digicomp .. it can't be that low ?
Old 11th June 2009, 18:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
After viewing this thread, i have decided to go with Tata Sky. i am concerned about the cable being visible in my living room. Do these guys cover the cable with plastic patti, or should i get an electrician to do that?

Bangalore Guys (esp South Bangalore),
can you recommend a good electrician, who can help with placing this cable and also wiring for a home theater system without spoiling the appearance of living room?

thanks.
No they dont cover the Cables with anything.
My earnest suggestions: DIY
Old 19th June 2009, 12:31   #99
BHPian

Folks,
Have a query.
There are times when i travel and no one at home the subscription renewal lapses and all these months after returning i pay and it gets activated and the y debit me even for non usage.
What are the terms? Can we go into hibernation/non usage for a specific period?
Pls confirm.
tnx
Old 19th June 2009, 14:22   #100
BANNED

@Pradeep_Kumar: I am not sure. a friend of mine went abroad for three months, and when he revived his subscription he was not charged for the missing period. I think he had about 2 months+ of non-subscription. I guess there may be a time frame. If you renew before that the previous period gets charged, not otherwise. I think you can call up customer support, or e-mail them. They are pretty good.

@lurker: that is what the manual says!
Old 29th July 2009, 09:55   #101
BHPian

I get Video freeze once in a while in Cartoon Network (though audio still works). other than technical problems, i also have problems with their packages. Online access does not allow you to downgrade your package. i was forced to take a 6 month package (super value pack) only to realize that i get National Geographic, Discovery etc in Hindi rather than English.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:12   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
I get Video freeze once in a while in Cartoon Network (though audio still works). other than technical problems, i also have problems with their packages. Online access does not allow you to downgrade your package. i was forced to take a 6 month package (super value pack) only to realize that i get National Geographic, Discovery etc in Hindi rather than English.
you can change the language. just press the green (?) button while the channel is playing and choose english.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:22   #103
BHPian

The other day, my Tata Sky stopped working. Tried the usual thing, reinserting the digicard etc. When I called up Customer Care, they told me that they could send a technician, but they would charge me Rs 350 for it, since my Tata Sky is now out of the warranty period. I told them I would call them back, went to the terrace (where the dish is) to check if I could figure out some loose wires etc. That didn't happen.

Meanwhile, my neighbour called them up and requested for a technician. He came the next day and fixed it up. As a result, even our Tata Sky started working. :-)

However, she has to recharge Rs 350 now. One of the drawbacks of sharing a common antenna, I guess.

Also, I HATE the packages, and they don't have a LOT of channels, like some Zee channels, and the new English movie channels like NDTV Lumiere and WB. :-(

BTW, my cousin living in the UK said that Sky turned out cheaper there!!

Should we write an email to Ratan Tata? :-)
Old 29th July 2009, 13:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Issue with reception when its raining cats & dogs. Do I need to anything to fix it?
Old 29th July 2009, 14:04   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Issue with reception when its raining cats & dogs. Do I need to anything to fix it?
You have to live with it. Ku band where all DTH services are will be attenuated a lot in case of rain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks