Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 02:45   #91
BHPian

Re: 5 in 1 Printer - Please suggest a good buy !

RajeshSundaram,

Could you tell me if your MFP does the following:

1. Handle paper larger than A4? There are documents that I might wish to scan or fax that are larger than A4 (called "Legal" in North America - sorry, I do not know what it's called in India). Now, I do not mind if I need to use the Automatic Document Feeder to do that (instead of the Flatbed portion), as long as the feature is available.

2. Print duplex automatically (print on both sides of the paper without my having to flip the paper manually)?

3. Scan/Copy/Fax duplex originals (where stuff is already printed on both sides of the paper)?

I am looking to buy an MFP once I move back to India, hence my questions.

Thanks and cheers
Old 27th March 2014, 06:51   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
There are documents that I might wish to scan or fax that are larger than A4 (called "Legal" in North America - sorry, I do not know what it's called in India).
FYI, A4 is not the same as Legal. The sizes vary by about 1/2" in width & around an 1" in length.
Old 27th March 2014, 06:56   #93
BHPian

Aah78, perhaps I should have rephrased my sentence. I did not mean to imply that A4 is called Legal, I meant "larger than A4" is called "Legal".

Cheers
Old 30th March 2014, 13:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
RajeshSundaram,

Could you tell me if your MFP does the following:

1. Handle paper larger than A4? There are documents that I might wish to scan or fax that are larger than A4 (called "Legal" in North America - sorry, I do not know what it's called in India). Now, I do not mind if I need to use the Automatic Document Feeder to do that (instead of the Flatbed portion), as long as the feature is available.

2. Print duplex automatically (print on both sides of the paper without my having to flip the paper manually)?

3. Scan/Copy/Fax duplex originals (where stuff is already printed on both sides of the paper)?

I am looking to buy an MFP once I move back to India, hence my questions.

Thanks and cheers

Tilt,

1. This printer model does not have AUTO DUPLEX printing support. Even the scan / fax / copy does not mention any DUPLEX support.

2. Yes, it supports printing and scanning LEGAL sized documents. ADF is the best method to scan Legal-sized documents in this printer.

If you are looking for Duplex support you need to buy the bigger models, or other brand. The closely matching model I found is Brother 7860DW which has duplex printing.
Old 30th March 2014, 15:08   #95
BHPian

Its funny that the HP model does not duplex print. My small inkjet printer does it, although it does not have an ADF for scanning.

whatever it is, think about ink before deciding on laser as ink also has come a long way over the years.
Old 30th March 2014, 19:02   #96
BHPian

Rajeshsundaram, thank you for clarifying. I guess I shall have to look at other models.

Deep_bang, ik unfortunately still dries out ver soon. My printing needs are to very high, it's more of scanning/copying/faxing. However, I do print a bit, and it is irritating to find that the ink has dried out.

Lasers do not have that problem, hence my preference for lasers.

Thanks and cheers
Old 5th April 2014, 13:05   #97
BHPian

Guys,

I'm looking for a Printer.

Use: Personal Office Printing
Connectivity: WiFi
Tone: B&W & Color
Print Size: A4/Legal
Jet: Laser
OS Compatibility: Mac/Airprint/Mobile Printing
Usage: B&W prints and occasional color prints

Single Function Printer should be fine. Appreciate your suggestions
Old 7th April 2014, 15:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
Guys,
Use: Personal Office Printing
Connectivity: WiFi
Tone: B&W & Color
Print Size: A4/Legal
Jet: Laser
OS Compatibility: Mac/Airprint/Mobile Printing
Usage: B&W prints and occasional color prints

Single Function Printer should be fine. Appreciate your suggestions
Have a look at HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 Color Printer. This is an entry level model and based on your requirements you can choose to see other models. Suggesting HP as they have the best service (In my opinion and experience).
Old 7th April 2014, 20:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Are the Epson printers really as VFM as they advertise? I like it that they are open with the idea of refillable cartridges - separate cartridges for each colour and cheaper cartridges.
Old 13th April 2014, 22:44   #100
BHPian

Picked up a HP LaserJet M1136 last month.
Pretty happy with the performance. Printing speed is very fast almost feels like a page printer.

It does support double side printing, however it is not automatic, you have to manually take out the papers and place it back in the feeder tray. Good part is you don't have to do it for each page, but once for the entire stack .

The scan utility can be improved though, the interface is not all that great.
Attached Thumbnails
5 in 1 Printer - Please suggest a good buy !-413jlat2bl._sl500_aa300_.jpg  

Old 13th April 2014, 23:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
you have to manually take out the papers and place it back in the feeder tray. Good part is you don't have to do it for each page, but once for the entire stack
This is where there is the snag. If one paper slips or it sucks in two pages together, then the entire page sequence would be lost.
Old 3rd May 2014, 06:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Have a look at HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 Color Printer. This is an entry level model and based on your requirements you can choose to see other models. Suggesting HP as they have the best service (In my opinion and experience).
Thanks deep_bang! Planning to pick one up today
Old 6th September 2014, 18:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

I have a HP Officejet 4355 AIO. Two weeks ago, it gave Error "Turn Printer Off. Then Turn On". I turned off the printer but it automatically turned On after turning off. Then I searched on google and followed instructions but it did not solve the problem. Final solution provided on HP website was to take it to SErvice Center. I took it to my friendly shop.

After two weeks for pursuing, now came the reply that it cannot be repaired as the circuitry of Cartridge has got damaged.

Is there any solution on this? Or should I go for a new printer? If New One, which one to go for?

Requirements-
1) Colour as well B&W. Colour is required for emergency Letterhead printing/copying.
2) Usage will be limited. Cannot give idea.
3) Easily Refillable. If pouring ink in the cartridge/reservoir, better. I used to refill the 4355 myself.
4) Budget 5-6K. May stretch depending on options.

EDIT: - Have a HP 1213 nf for more black prints.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 6th September 2014 at 18:19.
Old 11th September 2014, 23:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
I want buy a new printer? If New One, which one to go for?

Requirements-
1) Colour as well B&W. Colour is required for emergency Letterhead printing/copying.
2) Usage will be limited. Cannot give idea about exact no. of pages.
3) Easily Refillable. If pouring ink in the cartridge/reservoir, better. I used to refill the cartridges of HP Officejet 4355 myself.
4) Budget 8-10K. May stretch depending on options.
5) Want an Inkjet and not Laserjet.
Any suggestions guys? Please help at earliest.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Any suggestions guys? Please help at earliest.
Hi IndigoXLGrandD, I have somewhat a similar requirement too.
what you should be looking at is a CISS (Continuous ink supply system) adoptable model. That is one should be able to use an external ink tank to replenish the inks from off-market ink suppliers.

For a CISS printer you can look at Epson or Brother.
AFAIK, HP and Canon do not support CISS. So you need to buy an expensive cartridge every time you run out of ink.

I had a Canon Pixma M300 (inkjet 4 in one) but the cartridge was way too expensive and I just discarded it (Gave it to a Kabadiwala for free instead of wasting space at home). I also have an extremely basic CISS adapted Epson T13 inkjet printer. This is a very basic entry level model (less than 3K I guess). But I have been using it for last 4 years with excellent performance (I print out upwards of about about 500 color pages every month). Now after continuous usage the rollers have worn out (though the printer is still functional). I am looking to buy a new one.

Right now I am looking at Brother DCP-J140W (http://www.snapdeal.com/product/brother-dcpj140w-inkjet-printers-printer/1273558379#bcrumbSearch:|bcrumbLabelId:58)
My primary concern is that I need a CISS printer and not the expensive cartridge ones. so my choice is narrowed down a lot.
This Printer DCP-J140W has received favorable reviews with my friends and is a multi function printer with Copier / Scanner and at around 7.4K is again a VFM proposition.

Guys if there are any other recommendations /advise from other printer owners, please comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks