Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 16:01   #46
BHPian

One of my friends is would be coming from US this Diwali. I was thinking of ordering 4 channel RCA interconnects online and ask him to carry them for me.

Now the thing is I have never done any shopping online (except paying my bills online), so not aware about the processes.

Need advise on the following,

0. Which reliable brand RCA is the most VFM?
1. Is it sufficient time to get the order delivered?
2. Which place should I look for a good deal? Any links to the product/seller would be highly appreciated.
3. Should I bother at all about getting it from US? If the difference is not substantial in India, I might get it here. If someone can share the Indian prices, would be really helpful.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post

Need advise on the following,

0. Which reliable brand RCA is the most VFM?
1. Is it sufficient time to get the order delivered?
2. Which place should I look for a good deal? Any links to the product/seller would be highly appreciated.
3. Should I bother at all about getting it from US? If the difference is not substantial in India, I might get it here. If someone can share the Indian prices, would be really helpful.
Just pick up the RCA of your choice from MX Electronics here in INdia - MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

It does not get any more VFM that that!
Old 15th September 2009, 17:28   #48
BHPian

The problem is they do not have any 4 channel RCA, I'll have to get two 2 channel RCA which will clutter the install. And also the quality of MX compared to kicker/monster/stinger/etc. is questionable..

EDIT: how's this option?

Stinger 4 Channel Helix 12' RCA Cable Interconnects SHX - eBay (item 130320980872 end time Sep-23-09 15:20:53 PDT)

Last edited by cyclops : 15th September 2009 at 17:40.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:53   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw some deliciously priced tripods on eBay India. But I am unsure as to whether I wont get a compromised item.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh did you see that Gorilla pod link i posted on last page
Old 15th September 2009, 18:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I saw some deliciously priced tripods on eBay India. But I am unsure as to whether I wont get a compromised item.
I guess if one sticks to the power sellers with a good history the chances of getting a compromised item are minimized (not negated). I have never had a bad experience so far (touchwood).
Old 16th September 2009, 13:30   #52
BHPian

I have purchased around 20~22 low priced items like memory cards, mobile covers and cases,etc and sold a few items too.
It is okay for low priced goods as everyone mentioned.

cyclops> Monster is the best VFM. You should get them in all big electronic stores.
Check if they have the cable with gold connectors. They are a bit expensive , but mine have done almost 8 years without any drop in AV quality.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
The problem is they do not have any 4 channel RCA, I'll have to get two 2 channel RCA which will clutter the install. And also the quality of MX compared to kicker/monster/stinger/etc. is questionable..

EDIT: how's this option?

Stinger 4 Channel Helix 12' RCA Cable Interconnects SHX - eBay (item 130320980872 end time Sep-23-09 15:20:53 PDT)
I have bought them - and believe me they look just as good as the monsters of the world at a fraction of the price! I bought a component cable the other day - their top of the line one - its just drop dead gorgeous!

I also have used expensive interconnects in the past - just sharing my experience that's all.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Folks I think it makes sense to buy from dealers abroad who are ready to ship to India at a nominal cost. There are umpteen power sellers who have free shipping to India too. I just picked up a ball head for my tripod from a store called Linkdelight with free shipping.

I keep buying quite a bit of stuff from international sellers. The prices of certain accessories are way too high compared to what other sellers abroad have quoted.I think it makes sense to pick up stuff from power sellers abroad who have pretty low shipping rates.

Mahesh please don't pick up the gorilla tripod, am sure it wont hold your gear upright for 60 sec's .
Old 16th September 2009, 18:24   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
cyclops> Monster is the best VFM. You should get them in all big electronic stores.
Check if they have the cable with gold connectors. They are a bit expensive , but mine have done almost 8 years without any drop in AV quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
I have bought them - and believe me they look just as good as the monsters of the world at a fraction of the price! I bought a component cable the other day - their top of the line one - its just drop dead gorgeous!

I also have used expensive interconnects in the past - just sharing my experience that's all.
Thanks for your inputs. I've asked my friend (actually a friend's cousin) to buy the Stingers for me, lets see how it works out to be..

What is the price you got the Stinger Helix for? You got them here in India or abroad? Whats the approx price of these in India?
Old 16th September 2009, 19:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a pair of Klipsch Custom 3 IEM from ebay.in. No problems, item reached home within 5 days and was well packed. Bought a Zune case made out of billet aliminum from ebay.com (US seller) directly and it reached home within two weeks. I used PaisaPay and PayPal respectively for these purchases.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:43   #57
BANNED

Help !

Seller isn't accepting payment via other methods, he's only accepting payment via Bank transfer, How to pay via Bank transfer for ebay goods ? Does Bank charges any fee or require any documents for internationl Transfer ? Which bank is good ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 28th September 2009, 21:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

A few people have said that eBay is only good for low-priced items. That is not true. I bought a 25k lens without a problem. There are a few ways to make sure you don't get scammed - check previous feedback and score, make sure item description is correct and detailed, ask seller a question if in doubt, and, to answer unknown's question, pay by PaisaPay (or PayPal on international, Ebay sites), which offer the greatest protection.
Unknown post some more details - what is the item, cost and why the seller is insisting on bank transfer (have you asked him?)
Old 28th September 2009, 21:12   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

+ 1 to this.
ebay is pretty reliable but it is better to check the feedback on each seller before making a purchase committment. the best payment method would be via credit card since it is a secure site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
A few people have said that eBay is only good for low-priced items. That is not true. I bought a 25k lens without a problem. There are a few ways to make sure you don't get scammed - check previous feedback and score, make sure item description is correct and detailed, ask seller a question if in doubt, and, to answer unknown's question, pay by PaisaPay (or PayPal on international, Ebay sites), which offer the greatest protection.
Unknown post some more details - what is the item, cost and why the seller is insisting on bank transfer (have you asked him?)
Old 29th September 2009, 01:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Seller isn't accepting payment via other methods, he's only accepting payment via Bank transfer, How to pay via Bank transfer for ebay goods ? Does Bank charges any fee or require any documents for internationl Transfer ? Which bank is good ?

Thanks in advance !

This is the riskiest of them all - you have absolutely no safeguards in case the deal goes wrong.

I will only use paypal/paisa pay - both of which offer some protection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks