Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2015, 20:58   #7546
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If you are prepaid, you got to purchase the data pack from portal.bsnl.in

If you are postpaid, I am unsure and am guessing you got to speak to a BSNL aunty or visit the customer support centers and get it done.
Thanks mate finally figured it out. For others the steps are settings-cellular data- apn= bsnlnet. Leave user name and password blank. Exit. restart and voilą.
Old 10th February 2015, 08:03   #7547
Senior - BHPian

Talking about the camera prowess of iPhone 6, some sample pictures from a recent drive!!
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423535423.145415.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423535446.486381.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423535465.012420.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423535573.233902.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1423535596.845602.jpg
Old 10th February 2015, 08:41   #7548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Talking about the camera prowess of iPhone 6, some sample pictures from a recent drive!!
To actually sample an iPhone's camera prowess, have a look at this thread. That time, there was no iPhone 6 IIRC.

Any one jumped from a 5S to a 6 (not +) What diiferences maybe spotted?

Last edited by Sheel : 10th February 2015 at 08:45.
Old 10th February 2015, 09:44   #7549
Team-BHP Support

After deliberating for long, i quietly went ahead and updated my iPhone 5S from 7.1.1 to 8.1.3 over the weekend. After about 4 days, i can say there hasnt been any drop in battery life.

I like the new Camera features, although these may have been more to do with the iOS8 release.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:45   #7550
BHPian

I went back to the iPhone, I used andriod (galaxy note) and kinda got used to it, i mean there was a lot different from the first 2G iPhone that I was using. Well now my problem is that the iOS seems to be getting on my nerves. Please let me know if there is anyway of dealing with these irritations on the 'Phone' app
1. The Call Log is like stretching like a long list of madness, I know its a register of activity in its order, but I'm looking for it to be a bit more organized where the entries would be according to my contacts for eg. When i open the recent calls instead of seeing the chronology of calls i much rather that its under the contacts or the phone number so if my wife has called me, I called her and missed her calls they'll all be neatly under her name with time and details... instead they'll all be all over the place!
2. My phone book / contacts. Why cant i have more sub groups like work, family dot dot. instead of jus favorites, it is so annoying to go back to contacts and type the name in the search and then select the call or sms bla bla, isn't there a quicker and efficient way to do this?
3. why do all pics wind up in Camera roll? why can't iOS figure out where these came from like my andriod has seperate folders for whatsapp, facebook etc. OK i've made separate 'albums' but why no move option?
Why can't I send pics from 'photos' direct to whatsapp?

There are more questions i have but if i can have my 'Phone' and 'Photos' app to work like how i'd like it that would be half my problems solved.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:53   #7551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I went back to the iPhone, I used andriod (galaxy note) and kinda got used to it, i mean there was a lot different from the first 2G iPhone that I was using. Well now my problem is that the iOS seems to be getting on my nerves. Please let me know if there is anyway of dealing with these irritations on the 'Phone' app
Good summary of the peeves i have with iOS too. I used to use a Samsung earlier. Another suggestion i had was to show the contact display picture as well in the call list, along with aggregating the calls from a particular contact.

Seriously, some things were done so well on Android.
Old 10th February 2015, 14:35   #7552
BHPian

Quote:
2. My phone book / contacts. Why cant i have more sub groups like work, family dot dot. instead of jus favorites, it is so annoying to go back to contacts and type the name in the search and then select the call or sms bla bla, isn't there a quicker and efficient way to do this?
Did you try Siri for doing this? I personally have not tried it, but think that is usually the way to get to do things fast.
Old 11th February 2015, 09:29   #7553
BHPian

Quote:
...on the 'Phone' app. I called her and missed her calls they'll all be neatly under her name with time and details... instead they'll all be all over the place!
Just tap the "i" button next to the contact/number. Et voilą!

The iPhone Thread-20150211-09.09.44.png

Quote:
2...it is so annoying to go back to contacts and type the name in the search and then...isn't there a quicker and efficient way to do this?
Double click home button, select a contact from the top menu, and bob's your uncle. Or like someone else said, use Siri. I use Siri a lot while driving. Piece of cake.

The iPhone Thread-20150211-09.08.23.png

Quote:
3. why do all pics wind up in Camera roll?
Yep, that is really quite irritating. What was Apple thinking, I wonder, when they came up with that idea

Quote:
There are more questions i have but if i can have my 'Phone' and 'Photos' app to work like how i'd like it that would be half my problems solved.
Yeeeahhh, Apple doesn't do that . They want you to use the system in the way they think is best.
Old 12th February 2015, 10:44   #7554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Just tap the "i" button next to the contact/number. Et voilą!
Regarding this yes it works if the calls are in a span of 1hr or something otherwise they'll all be one below the other esp if only one person that been trying you or you called or you missed... check it out, get to call someone and an hr later try again and an hr later get them to call you and later miss a call from them... they'll all be one under the other, I'm sayin WHY? why can't be like for a day or so!

Quote:
Double click home button, select a contact from the top menu, and bob's your uncle. Or like someone else said, use Siri. I use Siri a lot while driving. Piece of cake.
isnt this only for recent calls? i have a bunch and thats mostly already in my favs

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th February 2015 at 11:12. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags. Also, please use proper punctuation when posting. Thanks.
Old 12th February 2015, 17:46   #7555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
To actually sample an iPhone's camera prowess, have a look at this thread. That time, there was no iPhone 6 IIRC.

Any one jumped from a 5S to a 6 (not +) What diiferences maybe spotted?
I did about a month back. Difference are below:

1. Screen looks sharper
2. Camera is better
3. Slight improvement in battery life
4. Overall feel in hand has improved- i am guessing due to a slimmer design and build
5. Switching between apps is faster and there is barely any lag
6. Wife got more angry in case of jump from 5s to 6 than she did from 5 to 5s

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 12th February 2015 at 17:48.
Old 24th February 2015, 18:16   #7556
Team-BHP Support

Is it possible to use a iPhone (say IP4) purely for wifi apps, without a SIM card?
Old 24th February 2015, 18:18   #7557
BHPian

I have been regularly using the IP4 with several wifi apps after switching the SIM to my IP6.
Old 24th February 2015, 18:33   #7558
Team-BHP Support

Great, I needed an Android/iOS device to run the remote control app for my camera. Time to get the iPhone4 from the storage. It is going to be my new remote control device.
Old 24th February 2015, 18:34   #7559
BHPian

I got an iphone 6 plus today from the US with applecare+.
Just a question if anyone is aware of any issue when claiming a replacement if one is not living in the US.
Old 24th February 2015, 19:16   #7560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got an iphone 6 plus today from the US with applecare+.
Just a question if anyone is aware of any issue when claiming a replacement if one is not living in the US.
Not covered in India. Apple India does not even touch phones bought outside the country even if you offer to pay them charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks