Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 18:53   #8296
BHPian

We can try YouTube Red for downloading video songs and movies. Monthly subscription is around $12/pm in US for an apple device. And it is available across all OS platforms. Try one month free subscription to start with.
Old 29th November 2015, 18:52   #8297
BHPian

Not sure if anyone has seen yet, snapdeal has 6s 16gigs for 50k. That's good pricing. What do you guys think?
Old 30th November 2015, 10:18   #8298
BHPian

Apps for update on iOS - updating repeatedly. Any solution?

Hi guys, of late I notice that many of the apps, when I update, after the update is over, starts the updating process all over again. At home, we have two iPhones and two iPads and I notice that this is happening across our devices. In fact some of the apps, after the process is completed, even after moving to the list of updated apps of the day, go back and start updating again. Don't see this happening on our two MacBooks where I updated the OS and some apps.
Have consumed, according to my ISP in Chennai, ACT, 50 GB of data within three days. Have asked them to share the usage data but they haven't till now.
Why is this happening? Any solution? Look forward to your help in resolving this asap.

Last edited by Krishnan V G : 30th November 2015 at 10:19.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:32   #8299
Team-BHP Support

Re: Apps for update on iOS - updating repeatedly. Any solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Hi guys, of late I notice that many of the apps, when I update, after the update is over, starts the updating process all over again. At home, we have two iPhones and two iPads and I notice that this is happening across our devices. In fact some of the apps, after the process is completed, even after moving to the list of updated apps of the day, go back and start updating again. Don't see this happening on our two MacBooks where I updated the OS and some apps.
Have consumed, according to my ISP in Chennai, ACT, 50 GB of data within three days. Have asked them to share the usage data but they haven't till now.
Why is this happening? Any solution? Look forward to your help in resolving this asap.
I had an issue with my iPad which kept rebooting after trying to update wirelessly. I resolved it by connecting to my mac. Downloading the OS and letting the mac install it on the ipad
Old 30th November 2015, 10:53   #8300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Turn the Auto update feature off using following navigation
Settings --> ITunes and App stores
Old 30th November 2015, 14:16   #8301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

i uninstalled iTunes, rebooted and reinstalled it (downloaded again; didn't use the old one). connected the phone and i get this error.

Name:  itunes_error.PNG
Views: 1831
Size:  6.0 KB

thinking of downgrading to 10.7 looking the changes to 11 and the subsequent errors.
Old 30th November 2015, 17:09   #8302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Turn the Auto update feature off using following navigation
Settings --> ITunes and App stores
Hello to all Gurus,

Have bought an 5S, with IOS 9.1, recently and am still in the run-in period.

A query.

Can we save the received messages in various folders, depending upon their sender, subject etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th November 2015, 17:53   #8303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello to all Gurus,

A query.

Can we save the received messages in various folders, depending upon their sender, subject etc?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think u can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i uninstalled iTunes, rebooted and reinstalled it (downloaded again; didn't use the old one). connected the phone and i get this error.

Attachment 1445528

thinking of downgrading to 10.7 looking the changes to 11 and the subsequent errors.
What is that you are trying to do here and what help would you need.

Last edited by ampere : 1st December 2015 at 00:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 30th November 2015, 19:58   #8304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello to all Gurus,

A query.

Thanks in advance.
No You cannot do that if it is a SMS that uyo are referring to.. However you can store email messages into various folders, etc creating them as you want.

And you can search using any keyword, from your home screen.
Old 30th November 2015, 22:35   #8305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Attachment 1445528

I think you have not completely un-installed the previous version of itunes. Please refer to link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275, for complete un-installation and re-installing it again.

Also, refer to link https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6561 if this can solve your problem.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:13   #8306
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how many of you have the front camera spacer alignment issue on your Iphone 6? Two of my colleagues with black Iphone 6 have this issue and today I found the same to be starting in mine too. It was a surprise for me when they came and told about the issue and I found the same in mine too. Mine has just started while the other two iphones have considerably dislocated spacers. Zoom into the attached picture and you can make out the crescent moon shape in front of the camera

The iPhone Thread-upload.jpg

Also will apple give refurbished phones or new ones? If they are giving refurbished phones I will delay the return since my phone is just two weeks old and I dont want to get a refurbished phone at this stage.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:40   #8307
BHPian

Hi guys! My first post in this thread.

I have been a huge Apple fan. I have had more than 10 Apple devices(a lot considering that I'm just in 9th grade). My latest acquisition is an iPhone 6s 64GB Silver. Yet to get it as my dad is flying from US next week. Super excited and happy to be a part of this thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:51   #8308
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

I know I should have posted this sooner. I have a iPhone 6 that I bought in the US earlier this year and use the same now that I'm in India.

Turns out, Airtel 4G works on different bands within India and the one in Pune does not support a US-spec iPhone 6. (Long story short: I found out when the Airtel guy showed me a version check tool where they can find out what services can be offered on what devices based on model and manufactured-for-region, for each circle).

So, while 4G LTE works well on my phone in Bangalore and Delhi NCR, it doesn't in Pune.

So, if you're planning to get an iPhone (or any phone for that matter), do check if all services will be supported.
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:25   #8309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Also will apple give refurbished phones or new ones? If they are giving refurbished phones I will delay the return since my phone is just two weeks old and I dont want to get a refurbished phone at this stage.
This was faced by many people and Apple offered to replace either the front screen(includes front cam) or the entire phone. Check with a Apple service centre about it. If they say that the replacement phone will be from a different batch, go for replacement else take screen replacement. Also you'll get a new iPhone and not a refurbished one. The packing might be different though.
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:05   #8310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey guys,

I know I should have posted this sooner. I have a iPhone 6 that I bought in the US earlier this year and use the same now that I'm in India.

Turns out, Airtel 4G works on different bands within India and the one in Pune does not support a US-spec iPhone 6. (Long story short: I found out when the Airtel guy showed me a version check tool where they can find out what services can be offered on what devices based on model and manufactured-for-region, for each circle).

So, while 4G LTE works well on my phone in Bangalore and Delhi NCR, it doesn't in Pune.

So, if you're planning to get an iPhone (or any phone for that matter), do check if all services will be supported.

From iPhone 6s onwards, the concept of different 4G LTE bands has been eliminated.
All iPhones can now work on all bands and thus Universally across the world.
Source - My conversations with multiple Apple Store guys in US leading to my purchase of 6S Plus.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks