Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 14:31   #8251
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

My wife was gifted an iPhone 6 (16GB) by my Father who used it sparingly. However, since his ID etc. were installed I wanted to know how to do a factory reset.

I'm a newbie to the apple club so is it as simple as going into Phone Settings and doing a Factory Reset or do I take this to the Apple Store and get it reset through any other way?

My father suggested that there were some issues in his other iPhone when he did a soft reset at home and then had to take it to the Apple Store. We didn't get a chance to discuss the details so wanted to be sure how to proceed with using the phone.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:36   #8252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My wife was gifted an iPhone 6 (16GB) by my Father who used it sparingly. However, since his ID etc. were installed I wanted to know how to do a factory reset.

I'm a newbie to the apple club so is it as simple as going into Phone Settings and doing a Factory Reset or do I take this to the Apple Store and get it reset through any other way?

My father suggested that there were some issues in his other iPhone when he did a soft reset at home and then had to take it to the Apple Store. We didn't get a chance to discuss the details so wanted to be sure how to proceed with using the phone.
go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and when it reboots, choose Install as a New Phone.
Old 16th November 2015, 15:33   #8253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and when it reboots, choose Install as a New Phone.
Cool, this helps.

Knowing how clumsy my wife is I want to get her a really rugged cover for iPhone and shortlisted Spigen's http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-iPhone-C...productDetails

This is also available on paytm so I would end up paying nothing with the money left in the wallet. Any reason to not go ahead with this?
Old 16th November 2015, 16:51   #8254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool, this helps.

Knowing how clumsy my wife is I want to get her a really rugged cover for iPhone and shortlisted Spigen's http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-iPhone-C...productDetails

This is also available on paytm so I would end up paying nothing with the money left in the wallet. Any reason to not go ahead with this?
that looks pretty rugged, a bit too much for your wife IMO. this is the one i got: http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B015...ilpage_o00_s00 and added this tempered glass screen protector: http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Z...ilpage_o00_s00. keeps the phone slim, but protected.
Old 16th November 2015, 17:14   #8255
BHPian

Quote:
Cool, this helps.

If I'm not wrong your wife has an iPhone 6. This case is for the 6s. The 6s is slightly thicker than the 6, so I'm thinking this case won't fit perfectly!
Old 16th November 2015, 17:33   #8256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
If I'm not wrong your wife has an iPhone 6. This case is for the 6s. The 6s is slightly thicker than the 6, so I'm thinking this case won't fit perfectly!
If I'm not wrong the only difference is that 6s is thicker by 0.01 inches (a few millimeters only). I doubt it would make any difference.

As per the description and reviews its meant for either 6 or 6s. In fact most people say its better for 6 than 6s, the fit I mean.
Old 16th November 2015, 20:10   #8257
BHPian

Quote:
As per the description and reviews its meant for either 6 or 6s. In fact most people say its better for 6 than 6s, the fit I mean.

Then I guess it shouldn't be a problem.. I thought the 0.25mm difference in thickness might make the phone move a bit.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:02   #8258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
iTunes was open. Closed it, disconnected the cable and reconnected. Still doesn't allow me to update.
Disable > Uninstall > Install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Faced an issue with my recently purchased iphone 6 yesterday. I wanted to update to ios 9.1 for which I first downloaded the update to my PC but when I tried to install it in my phone an Unknown error (6) was coming up repeatedly.
Did you refer to these?

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204770

Quote:
Cool, this helps.

Knowing how clumsy my wife is I want to get her a really rugged cover for iPhone and shortlisted Spigen's
Repeating myself again, this one takes care lot of beating and saves the glass also Ensure you get the metal outer rim, plastic ones break though cheaper.

http://www.amazon.in/iPhone-Spigen®-...1-bbdcb9e73ee4
Old 16th November 2015, 22:02   #8259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes sir I did everything that was given on the apple support forums. Almost everywhere people had written that disabling security softwares and soft reset worked in such condition but it didn't work out in my case.
Old 20th November 2015, 16:37   #8260
Senior - BHPian

There is a happy ending to my cracked iPhone 6 screen. Apple replaced my phone free of cost . Apparently they have a policy with single hairline crack, they do a free replacement. Faith in humanity restored. I am really glad I purchased such a great product from such a customer friendly company.

Pramod
Old 20th November 2015, 17:41   #8261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
There is a happy ending to my cracked iPhone 6 screen. Apple replaced my phone free of cost . Apparently they have a policy with single hairline crack, they do a free replacement. Faith in humanity restored. I am really glad I purchased such a great product from such a customer friendly company.

Pramod
That's really great! Apple got another happy customer.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:51   #8262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I just check mine (iPhone 6S 64gb silver), it has samsung chip .
I noticed that my phone quickly heats up when playing games like real racing & infinity blade.

I also have problem with camera. 4 out of 10 times, it goes blank for 6-8 seconds when i open camera app.
Dont worry too much it is just placebo. For all you are saying, Samsung should actually run cooler given it is 14nm compared to 16nm of the TSMC and the review corroborate what I am saying. Just enjoy your phone dude, there is nothing to worry about.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iph...smc,30306.html
Old 21st November 2015, 09:33   #8263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Dont worry too much it is just placebo. For all you are saying, Samsung should actually run cooler given it is 14nm compared to 16nm of the TSMC and the review corroborate what I am saying. Just enjoy your phone dude, there is nothing to worry about.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iph...smc,30306.html
sounds reassuring. appreciate the link.
Hope my camera app bug goes away soon.
Old 21st November 2015, 09:50   #8264
Distinguished - BHPian

A curious question to iPhone 6, 6+ and S users :

How many times ( rough estimate) did you have to reboot your phone for any issue that you might have faced and duration that you owned the phone?

My data

Owned : 2.5 months
Rebooted : 0 Times

Being a first time user, i am happy about it !!!
Old 21st November 2015, 10:20   #8265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A curious question to iPhone 6, 6+ and S users :

How many times ( rough estimate) did you have to reboot your phone for any issue that you might have faced and duration that you owned the phone?

My data

Owned : 2.5 months
Rebooted : 0 Times

Being a first time user, i am happy about it !!!
That's a great observation. Is there an app available to check this? I am not too sure on the number but can say that I wouldn't have rebooted my device more than 3-4 times over the last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks