Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 13:03   #8161
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That is why I immediately invested in a "Tempered Glass" protection for my IPhone 6+ as soon as I bought it.

It costed me just INR 150. Iam given to understand if phone falls on ground with screen first, tempered glass will break but, not the screen.

Haven't tested it though

My wife's 6+ came with a free tempered glass....
Not to scare you, but a colleague's Note 4 recently had such an incident. He was using an expensive tempered glass, but the screen underneath broke off after a fall from his desk.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:43   #8162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Not to scare you, but a colleague's Note 4 recently had such an incident. He was using an expensive tempered glass, but the screen underneath broke off after a fall from his desk.
Of course, I understand. I was just kidding

I don't think there is any full-proof protection for a phone if the drop is major.

What something like a tempered glass can protect is accidental slips from hand when your sitting or getting up or if someone brushes your hand and causes the phone to drop etc.

But, if the phone drops from a height equivalent to you standing/walking then expect the damages to be higher side ( even if you have protection for the phone)
Old 28th October 2015, 17:39   #8163
BHPian

Has anyone used iBridge with iPad or iPhone so far? Is it worth looking at?
Old 28th October 2015, 18:08   #8164
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Can the glass alone be replaced? I thought the screen needs to be replaced, that's why I was sad, aftermarket would definitely mean inferior quality than apple and I was not ready to sacrifice the screen quality. Trying the apple replacement is an option only if they replace the whole unit, with pricing within 35, I am sure the replacement would cost well within 25k

The glass alone can definitely be replaced, but is a highly skilled job, which most repair guys in India refuse, since there is a risk of breaking the display in the process.
Just visit the apple service centre, and see what they say. After that you can check for after market options.
Old 28th October 2015, 18:16   #8165
BHPian

The 9.1 update has reduced battery life of my iPhone 6 by around 5-10%. It's pretty noticeable. The only thing I can do now is wait for the next update 😭
Old 28th October 2015, 18:37   #8166
BHPian

I have refrained from updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 after seeing many friends with their phones lagging like anything.
I bought my iPhone 6 last week and it is on iOS version 8.4.
I was expecting 9.1 to sort out all the issues but it seems that I should wait for further updates.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:00   #8167
BHPian

To be honest, I'm happy with iOS 9.1. It is the useless Facebook app that is draining all the damn battery.

I don't even use Facebook that much. Maybe once or twice in a day, just to check some notifications. And, just by doing so, the app was racking up nearly 15% of the overall battery usage in the past 7 days! Not just that, after having read all the battery drain issues, I had deliberately turned off Location services & disabled background app refresh for Facebook. Even after disabling every conceivable option, if it was still hogging 15% of the overall battery consumption. Seriously disgusted and pissed with this piece of information, I deleted the damn app. From now, if I feel like Facebook-ing, I'm gonna use the browser. No more Facebook app for me. That much battery drain with such limited use is completely unacceptable.

On the other hand, am loving the iPhone 6 Plus . It is such a joy to use it. For the first couple of days I felt it was too big, too cumbersome. But I've gotten used to it now, and it feels so right. I just wish they optimize iOS for large screen phones. Somehow, iOS isn't designed/optimized to run on such large screens. And that double-tap-home-button-to-access-inaccessible-areas gimmick? Nope, doesn't work that well for me. They need to come up with a better way to switch between apps. Double tapping doesn't look that cool anymore. I would like some gestures which can help me switch to multi-tasking. Like there is for the iPads.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:15   #8168
Senior - BHPian

Ah, lucky that I didn't update it, then.
The iPhone Thread-img_5803.jpg
I'm enjoying the extra battery life, well done, Apple..
Old 28th October 2015, 22:48   #8169
BHPian

I had dropped my iPhone 5 onto tar road during procession of Ganesh idol last month.

I didn't want to go with apple as its now quite old device. I went with iService in Bangalore, http://www.iservice.co.in.
For the aftermarket repair they have quite a good reputation here in Bangalore. Though i was skeptical with them, i went ahead, called them for door step service and sat with them until they repaired.

Yes, they do replace whole display unit, costed me Rs 7000 (for iPhone5), took just 30 minutes to replace.

@pramod, since yours is brand new, i agree with you, please go with apple care.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:04   #8170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
The 9.1 update has reduced battery life of my iPhone 6 by around 5-10%. It's pretty noticeable. The only thing I can do now is wait for the next update 😭
Same was the situation for me for couple of days. Situation did improved afterwards though. Now am getting around 2 days for my average use. Usage time around 7h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
I have refrained from updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 after seeing many friends with their phones lagging like anything.
I bought my iPhone 6 last week and it is on iOS version 8.4.
I was expecting 9.1 to sort out all the issues but it seems that I should wait for further updates.
For me battery life is definitely better on iOS9 than iOS8.4. Never experienced any lag though.
Old 29th October 2015, 12:37   #8171
Senior - BHPian

I saw some videos, of glass replacement, its not confidence inspiring. The glass alone is available, 2 options

http://www.ebay.in/itm/331498543162?aff_source=Sok-Goog

https://www.maxbhi.com/front-glass-l...e-6-black.html

Does anyone know anyplace where this can be done without any hassle? I am very disturbed now

Pramod
Old 29th October 2015, 13:34   #8172
BHPian

Guys,

my iPhone 4 gave up the ghost today. Damm thing just switched off and not switching on . I am lookout for a new phone, Do not feel like going for anything android. So its going to be another iPhone. Prices in US look way better so thinking of getting from there but I have a question.

Does Apple honor US warranty in INDIA, if not then is there any way I can buy International Warranty?

-Inder
Old 29th October 2015, 13:58   #8173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
my iPhone 4 gave up the ghost today.
Does Apple honor US warranty in INDIA, if not then is there any way I can buy International Warranty?
Wait for the battery to discharge and charge it again, should turn on. Also press both buttons at the same time. It's like a hard boot or something and has worked for me multiple times.
I purchased my 6 plus from the US with apple care. If it breaks or has any issue will just send it with someone and get the phone replaced for a few of 100$.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:17   #8174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I do travel to Bangalore on official purposes, I will try out some of these places, I will PM you for the details
I have used these guys and they offer 6 months warranty for the work.

http://www.irepair.in
Old 31st October 2015, 15:29   #8175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Guys,

my iPhone 4 gave up the ghost today. Damm thing just switched off and not switching on . I am lookout for a new phone, Do not feel like going for anything android. So its going to be another iPhone. Prices in US look way better so thinking of getting from there but I have a question.

-Inder
My wife's iPhone 6 plus purchased in US a 128Gb model was scrapped. India Apple refused any work on it and in the end had to sell of to a dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks