Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2023, 13:32   #15661
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Travelling to Singapore in mid-August, was checking prices on their Duty Free website and noticed that there is a 40k price difference between India & the one at Changi Airport for the iPhone 14 Pro!
Old 21st June 2023, 17:02   #15662
Senior - BHPian

My 2020 SE shows that the battery is degraded and requires service. It's at 84%. It's charging very slowly all of a sudden from today. I bought it about 3 years ago. I called a Apple authorized service centre ( iplanet care in Meenakshi Mall)and they quoted 6450/- for a battery change. I suppose other places in Bangalore will charge roughly the same ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 21st June 2023 at 17:04.
Old 21st June 2023, 17:57   #15663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
My 2020 SE shows that the battery is degraded and requires service. It's at 84%. It's charging very slowly all of a sudden from today. I bought it about 3 years ago. I called a Apple authorized service centre ( iplanet care in Meenakshi Mall)and they quoted 6450/- for a battery change. I suppose other places in Bangalore will charge roughly the same ?
I enquired about battery replacement at the same center a few months back and it's the same. I think it'd same across the Apple authorized centers. There are some options for around 4k, but I'd rather change the battery at an authorized service center. My phone is at 76%, and as the battery degrades, I find it's charging (and draining too) faster. I'm not sure if it's worth paying 6.5k to replace the battery, so I'm still thinking about it.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 17:59   #15664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Am from Mumbai and one grouse I have with iPhone is - we cant listen to radio FM which is so easy on the Android platforms
You have patience man. The 30 minute drive from my house to office comes with 1 song and 26 minutes of nonsense bud-bud. I gave up and switched to international radio over  Music.
To answer your question, pocket this and be worry free.
https://www.amazon.in/Portable-Opera...7349977&sr=8-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Travelling to Singapore in mid-August, was checking prices on their Duty Free website and noticed that there is a 40k price difference between India & the one at Changi Airport for the iPhone 14 Pro!
Asking or telling? It is quite possible as they could be selling without local taxes. If you don't have a business in India to claim GST on phone purchase, makes sense to buy from abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
My 2020 SE shows that the battery is degraded and requires service. It's at 84%.
Normally when the battery drops below 80%, it shows as service. Anyhows do remember that the phone battery life will never be the same as original. Do consider exchange offers or a battery pack as a lateral option.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 21st June 2023 at 18:01.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 19:01   #15665
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Asking or telling? It is quite possible as they could be selling without local taxes. If you don't have a business in India to claim GST on phone purchase, makes sense to buy from abroad.
I'm still thinking as there's some time before I travel. Had bought my 6s from Dubai back in 2016 where it was cheaper. Plan is to buy the 14 Pro from Singapore for my wife & trade in both me & my wife's iPhone 11 to buy the 15 when it launches here!
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:21   #15666
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Apple charger purchased from Amazon covered under warranty? How do I process the replacement? I am a Noob in apple world. Thanks

This is the one I had purchased around 8 months ago.
https://www.amazon.in/Apple-USB-C-Ad...s%2C416&sr=8-3

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd June 2023 at 09:22.
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:36   #15667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is the Apple charger purchased from Amazon covered under warranty? How do I process the replacement?
Yes, this will be covered under warranty for a year. Just go over to any Apple service centre with the Amazon order receipt, and they'll get this sorted.
Old 6th July 2023, 12:48   #15668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I was getting this message today while trying to charge my iPhone 12. Phone is bone dry and the charger as well. But it’s not letting me charge the phone. Did anyone see this?

Edit: Waited for a few minutes and restarted phone. Started recharging normally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Just keep it in rice to remove moisture. It was fine for me later
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
If you reconnect the Lightning cable again, it has an option to override the liquid detection and charge your iPhone. However, the best is to let your phone in dry area and let it dry.
I got a similar notification when my phone got wet by the pool. However, as I was on a tour and needed the phone for pictures I did a manual override and resumed charging. After a few days though, the phone refused to charge. I tried all the permutations and combinations and arrived at the conclusion that it was the cable that gave up.

Ordered a new Belkin MFi certified cable from Amazon. It worked well for 1-2 charge cycles, post which I started getting the same notification again. That made me suspicious whether the cable was really an issue? Hence, I put both, the iPhone as well as the cable into the bowl of rice for some 3-4 hours and voila!! It started working!

Not quite sure what exactly was the issue. Maybe the manual override caused some problem with the cable and phone alike. Never doing it again!

I think I wil also retain the Belkin cable as spare. It costs 999/- INR.

Here's the link, just incase - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B084N133Y7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 6th July 2023, 17:17   #15669
Senior - BHPian

I usually charge my Phone at night. I was thinking of picking up a 5W charger for that. Any idea where I can get the type in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-shopping2.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-shopping3.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-shopping.jpeg  

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 6th July 2023 at 17:43.
Old 10th July 2023, 07:15   #15670
Distinguished - BHPian

I needed a second line for a business venture and what do I choose?

But, obviously an iPhone.

Last week, I picked up an iPhone 14 Promax from Xfinity (who also happens to be our home internet provider).

There was absolutely no deal and paid the full price except there was this thing- If I get a phone line from them, my home internet bill for a month will go down by $20.

Not that great deal but, a penny saved is a penny earned.

I really like this "Jamun" shade. and will compliment the cream shade of my iPhone 13 Promax which btw, runs like a beast even now.

Here are some pictures.

The iPhone Thread-img_5852.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_5855.jpg

Beautiful color. Eh?

The iPhone Thread-img_5896.jpg

Here is a short video of the phone. Apple makes such desirable products.

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 22:59   #15671
Distinguished - BHPian

In other news, I got a call from Xfinity person from whom I got the iPhone 14 Promax a few days ago.

He mentioned " Sir, there is a deal for iPhones and if you trade in any iPhone 11 and above we can give you $600 off for a new iPhone".

Naturally, I convinced my wife to get herself a new iPhone. The poor soul has been using an iPhone XSMAX since March 2019 ( ~ 4.5 Years) as she is not the spendthrift soul like me who changes phones each year.

Her phone was at 78% battery health and there was a message that it needs a battery replacement which would have costed ~$100.

Checked on Apple Store and there were offering $200 for trade-in for her phone.

In the open market, it would fetch even lesser.

So, this was a fantastic deal.

Before the offer goes kaput. We immediately went and got her a spanking new "iPhone 14 Promax" in the same deep purple color.

Technically, I paid $1099 + $108 Taxes - $600 : $608 for her iPhone 14 Promax.

Isn't it a nice deal???

She's now a happy puppy.

XSMax with the 2 new iPhone 14 Promax.

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender.jpg

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Pretty..huh?

The iPhone Thread-img_5983.jpg

Lavender Flowers just outside the Xfinity store. It kinda matched the phone color.

The iPhone Thread-img_5981.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th July 2023 at 23:00.
mobike008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 21:52   #15672
BHPian

mobike008 got a very sweet deal. Reading his post I am wondering if I should try this in UK. I am here for few weeks. I have an iPhone 11. If anyone knows a good deal running for trade-in in UK, please do let me know. Otherwise, I am planning to wait it for few months and then buy an iPhone 15 in India when it launches.
Old 14th July 2023, 22:01   #15673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
mobike008 got a very sweet deal. Reading his post I am wondering if I should try this in UK. .
In such good deals the phone upgrade will be part of a package. In his case, it was the telecomm subscription plan. One-to-one exchanges will not be as good.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 06:00   #15674
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I had to transparent clear case cover for iPhone 14 Promax which I had ordered last year in anticipation of getting this phone. Now that beautiful cover adorns my wife's 14 Promax.

I had to get a new one for my 14 Promax. Then, I realized that Spigen's quality is going down the drain as the cover on my 13 Promax was just over 6-months old and it had changed color to an ugly yellow.

So, I decided to play cheap. Ordered a couple of clear case covers from Amazon (Obviously, ones with the highest ratings and reviews) on Prime Day Sale and got both of them around $10 bucks each (Original price was some $16 or $17 bucks).

Both are nice cases- Sturdy, Crystal Clear and Light Weight.

I just hope they last longer than 6-months.

Check the Spigen cover of my 13 Promax. It's gone a horrible yellow. alongside the new clear case cover.

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-4.jpg

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-5.jpg

My new 14 Promax Cover.

The iPhone Thread-img_6030.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_6031.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th July 2023 at 06:03.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:43   #15675
Distinguished - BHPian

Trivia from an idle mind:

How to fool your iphone into counting steps ?

Hold phone vertical
Tap on your palm
Shake
Pause
repeat

Many users have reported a problem with the step-count in Health App of the iPhone. Apple doesnt seem to have a fix on this, and no update to the app for many years. Adding steps directly into the health app is buggy, as often seen thru the difference in step count between Health and Fitness apps.

Note: disclaimer is already stated in the first line

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks