Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 20:30   #15541
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Anyone facing similar issues? Any resolution for this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am not sure if it’s an issue with the latest 16.3.1 update; other iPhone models in the household (13 mini, 14 Pro Max) doesn’t have this problem. Need to check through some of the support forums over the weekend.
I don’t have any face id issues at all with iphone 13 mini and iOS 16.3.1.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 22:59   #15542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am running the latest OS- 16.3.1.

Anyone facing similar issues? Any resolution for this issue?
Not seen on 14 atleast. Need to check the versions on 12,13 but haven’t heard of any complaints yet in the family.

On that note, clicked this yesterday after getting the 13. Progression of Blue across the 3 generations.

The iPhone Thread-8f566966e7d046e287316b9245df7115.jpeg
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 01:12   #15543
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you to each one of you who responded to my issue.

Here is what I did :

1. I reset the Face ID and tried setting it up again.

2. Darn thing won't recognize my face at all despite trying for 10 mins. Not recognizing the owner is not acceptable. I was cursing Tim Cook.

3. I restarted the phone. Tried again. Nada. Now I started worrying and even thought of offloading my Apple shares.

4. My wife suggested removing the transparent phone cover and try again. I removed the cover, restarted the phone and voila- It immediately started recognizing my face and I re-set up my FACE ID.

5. I put the cover back and tried the FACE ID. It works like before. Instant unlocking of the phone.

Whew! Not sure what bug was it but, it seemed to have resolved on its own.

My faith in Apple and Tim Cook was restored.
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 05:47   #15544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
I don’t have any face id issues at all with iphone 13 mini and iOS 16.3.1.
Same here, my 13 Mini or wife's 14 Pro Max did not have this issue; all on the latest iOS version.

Quote:
4. My wife suggested removing the transparent phone cover and try again. I removed the cover, restarted the phone and voila- It immediately started recognizing my face and I re-set up my FACE ID.

5. I put the cover back and tried the FACE ID. It works like before. Instant unlocking of the phone.
And that worked! I tried all other options (as explained in the post above) including removal of screen protector, but not this. Tried registering the face id after the case removed and now normalcy is restored!

Wonder how the back cover impact the face id recognition using the front camera array, but anyway its working now with the case back on. Thanks to you (and your wife) for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
My faith in Apple and Tim Cook was restored
iPhones doesn't feel absolutely bug-free like the previous iterations. Something is not cooking right...

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th March 2023 at 05:54.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 07:11   #15545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What kind of cover do you use ?

Quote:
I tried all other options (as explained in the post above) including removal of screen protector, but not this
Does- the screen protector cover the front camera also (asking since cam is at the top in that dip kind of section.
Old 11th March 2023, 07:57   #15546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does- the screen protector cover the front camera also (asking since cam is at the top in that dip kind of section.
Covers the full screen estate including the notch. See below...

The iPhone Thread-2e7f35e359e949b3b26fe428359505c4.jpeg
Old 11th March 2023, 12:31   #15547
Senior - BHPian

My nearly 1 year old iPhone 13 mini, still in warranty has been acting up last few months. The touch does not work while answering calls and requires several swipes. Also when I open WhatsApp and there are 4-5 messages, it becomes unresponsive for a few seconds (10-15) and then starts working. This issue has been since iOS 16.2, currently on iOS 16.3.1. All apps are at their latest updates.

Since my warranty is getting over in another 10 days, I took it to iCare. Their diagnosis couldn't pick up anything so they restored the phone, checked it again and returned it. But the problem still persists.

My battery health is at 89% and 324 cycles. No other hardware issue at all.

Should I take it back to iCare or just live with it?
Old 11th March 2023, 12:41   #15548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Since my warranty is getting over in another 10 days, I took it to iCare. Their diagnosis couldn't pick up anything so they restored the phone, checked it again and returned it. But the problem still persists.
The issue will be detected as soon as your phone goes out of warranty and you will be charged a hefty amount to repair that. It's the way these service centers make revenue. They will find some excuse or the other to avoid doing any work within warranty as that will not bring any revenue to them.
I have faced this very much at Skoda dealership where a minor coolant leakage was detected and still the part was not replaced. They said it was not necessary and the vehicle is safe to drive. As soon as the vehicle was out of warranty, they said replacing the faulty part is essential for the car.
Old 11th March 2023, 14:06   #15549
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you to each one of you who responded to my issue.

Even I had the same issue with my 13 Pro Max. Our company has a 2FA app called Netiq Auth which I had configured to unlock using Face ID. So when i open the app it used to break the faceid recognition of the phone . I stopped using the OTP generated from the app , and have chosen the SMS option now. Since i stopped opening that app using FaceID, i haven't had this issue.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 14:15   #15550
BHPian

Quote:
My nearly 1 year old iPhone 13 mini, still in warranty has been acting up last few months. The touch does not work while answering calls and requires several swipes. Also when I open WhatsApp and there are 4-5 messages, it becomes unresponsive for a few seconds (10-15) and then starts working. This issue has been since iOS 16.2, currently on iOS 16.3.1. All apps are at their latest updates.

My battery health is at 89% and 324 cycles. No other hardware issue at all.

Should I take it back to iCare or just live with it?
Call Apple India and raise a case with them stating them everything that iCare did. You can even tell them that this is probably due to the warranty getting over in some days hence they’re reluctant towards fixing the issue.

If the service center is unable to diagnose, they usually sent the unit to Bangalore for further investigation (atleast they did it for me when my 5S screen was coming out from one corner and was in last week of warranty).

Lastly, you shouldn’t live with it for sure all the best
Old 11th March 2023, 14:42   #15551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
The issue will be detected as soon as your phone goes out of warranty
I really hope Apple doesn't resort to these cheap tactics. The visit, diagnosis, etc. is fully documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
Call Apple India and raise a case with them stating them everything that iCare did.If the service center is unable to diagnose, they usually sent the unit to Bangalore for further investigation
I have shown my phone at Bangalore iCare at Mantri Mall. How do I call apple India? I did book my service through Apple India.
Old 11th March 2023, 14:48   #15552
BHPian

Quote:
I have shown my phone at Bangalore iCare at Mantri Mall. How do I call apple India? I did book my service through Apple India.
You can call them at 00 08001009009.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 00:28   #15553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What kind of cover do you use ?

This is new Amazon cover that I bought to replace my old transparent SPIGEN case in Jan 2023 (Posted in this thread in Jan).

It does cover the front notch as well.

The iPhone Thread-img_5817.jpg
Old 13th March 2023, 11:45   #15554
Senior - BHPian

I have an issue when I apply the Spigen full screen guard, the person at the other end cant hear me speak. Once removed, it's fine.
Quote:
Covers the full screen estate including the notch. See below.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:11   #15555
Distinguished - BHPian

An iPhone 13 mini case available in case anyone wants. It's unused, pls dont go by the apparent discoloration in the centre. I prefer the black Spigen TPU.

The iPhone Thread-img_20230313_1206520392.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks