Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2022, 08:47   #15436
mtk
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

So after 4 years of XS Max, I upgraded to the 14 Pro Max. A much-needed upgrade as the phone was showing its age in the battery department and some minor software hiccups.

I decided to get it from Imagine store, Nexus Koramangala (erstwhile The Forum Mall). The sales guy mentioned he has one piece of the variant that I was looking for. I.e 14 Pro Max 256 GB Space black.

Now comes the twist.

To my surprise, he told me that I have to take an apple care package and some accessories mandatorily. Else he will not sell the phone to me. I’ve never been so shocked in my life. I politely said ‘you think I’m mad?’ and left immediately for Sangeetha mobile store beside the Apple Store. Swiped the card and left with a phone in my hand.
mtk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 15:33   #15437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
To my surprise, he told me that I have to take an apple care package and some accessories mandatorily. Else he will not sell the phone to me. I’ve never been so shocked in my life.
Next time politely request for the same condition in writing. Forward that document to Apple’s customer care, they may not sell offline directly in India but still will take it seriously if it’s genuine.

Last edited by AJ56 : 25th December 2022 at 15:34.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 01:31   #15438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
I have the same query.
I am thinking of getting it done from cashify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Hi, do share your experience after getting it changed from Cashify. I am also thinking of changing my iPhone XR battery from Cashify.
Hi, did you get this done? Any feedback?
I am planning to buy my friend's 11 Pro, which is at 77% battery health. I am thinking of getting the battery replace from Cashify since their battery at 6k is cheaper than Apple's at 9k.
Old 27th December 2022, 08:09   #15439
BHPian

Hey folks,

Anyone facing the background app refresh off is not working as expected.

I have toggled the button off (couple of days ago) but even now when i check it shows background activity for many apps.

I have individually also toggled off the settings for each app before switching the main one off to see if it helps, but no change so far.

(I am doing this whole experiment to see if my battery performance improves)

-SideView-
Old 27th December 2022, 13:00   #15440
Senior - BHPian

I own an iPhone 13 mini that's 9 months old now. For the past 2 months, the touch is not as responsive. When I get a call I'm unable to swipe to answer the call. Also the Swipe keyboard does not work randomly. I had planned to take it to the Apple center at Malleshwaram, Bengaluru when the iOS 16.2 was released. After update it felt ok for a couple of days but now the same issue.

Otherwise the phone is working fine. I use it only for phone calls, iBooks and WhatsApp. Facebook, other social media only once a day. Very rarely browse in an emergency. I also use the hotspot to connect my MacBook Air.

Battery life has now become 95% after iOS 16.2 update. It was at 100% all this while. I charge the phone for a couple of hours every afternoon. Rarely charge in the car.

Is this a glitch faced by others or is my phone defective? I have used an iPhone SE for 7 years without any issues other than heating up during CarPlay (I don't use CarPlay now).
Old 27th December 2022, 13:54   #15441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post

Is this a glitch faced by others or is my phone defective?.
I have been using a 13 mini for the past 3 months ( Upgraded from iPhone SE after 6 years) and I don’t see the problems you mentioned. 3 months might not be long, but I use phone quite extensively (when compared to the usage you mentioned). Battery health (Max capacity) is still 100% after ios16.2.

So better to get it checked.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 27th December 2022 at 13:57. Reason: Added battery info
Old 27th December 2022, 16:57   #15442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
Hi, did you get this done? Any feedback?
I am planning to buy my friend's 11 Pro, which is at 77% battery health. I am thinking of getting the battery replace from Cashify since their battery at 6k is cheaper than Apple's at 9k.
No , I’ve decided to give it a pass as I am planning to exchange it for a Pixel 7 Pro.
I don’t think replacing the battery will add any value considering power efficiency of A12 combined with iOS 16

It’s hard to let go of XS , I just love the form factor and design
Old 28th December 2022, 10:49   #15443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Hey folks,

Anyone facing the background app refresh off is not working as expected.

I have toggled the button off (couple of days ago) but even now when i check it shows background activity for many apps.

I have individually also toggled off the settings for each app before switching the main one off to see if it helps, but no change so far.

(I am doing this whole experiment to see if my battery performance improves)

-SideView-
This what i see even today.

The iPhone Thread-15d0165b042e4986b24dbe8c4c66f3ff.jpeg

Could it be that it because i am on older iphone 8 plus.

Will check on a new version and report back.

/Expermentation continues…
Old 28th December 2022, 11:33   #15444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
I don’t think replacing the battery will add any value considering power efficiency of A12 combined with iOS 16

It’s hard to let go of XS , I just love the form factor and design
I totally get your point. I feel that 5.8inch phones are the perfect size, at least for me. This is one reason I am planning to buy my friend's old 11 Pro, but the battery has deteriorated.

Other folks here, any feedback on Cashify battery replacement? Or any recommendations on reliable battery replacement (apart from Apple Store)?
Old 28th December 2022, 11:36   #15445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I totally get your point. I feel that 5.8inch phones are the perfect size, at least for me. This is one reason I am planning to buy my friend's old 11 Pro, but the battery has deteriorated.

Other folks here, any feedback on Cashify battery replacement? Or any recommendations on reliable battery replacement (apart from Apple Store)?
Stick to Apple ORIGINAL battery. It will cost you slightly more, but they give ~6 months warranty (Upto xxx battery cycles and deterioration) for the repair done. You will enjoy peace of mind, if you are that kinda guy.
Old 29th December 2022, 19:50   #15446
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to block incoming spam calls in Truecaller? I get 4-5 bogus calls every day and I don’t want the phone to ring.
Old 30th December 2022, 15:22   #15447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is there a way to block incoming spam calls in Truecaller? I get 4-5 bogus calls every day and I don’t want the phone to ring.
Not possible as far as i am aware, it just shows that it is spam. (But even some of spam ones are not shown as spam even though in app it flags them)
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 03:19   #15448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I own an iPhone 13 mini that's 9 months old now. For the past 2 months, the touch is not as responsive. When I get a call I'm unable to swipe to answer the call. Also the Swipe keyboard does not work randomly. I had planned to take it to the Apple center at Malleshwaram, Bengaluru when the iOS 16.2 was released. After update it felt ok for a couple of days but now the same issue.
9-Months from 100% to 95% battery drop is normal. It's nothing to do with iOS updates.

My iPhone 13 Promax has dropped to 89% in 13-months.

I should panic. But, I am not as I plan to upgrade to a 15 Promax next year.

I think it may drop to 82% by next October and I will trade it for $300 (I am sure that will be the value for it by next October ) for new iPhone.
Old 31st December 2022, 11:31   #15449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
There's an option to silence phone calls from unknown numbers in settings. Check if that suits your requirement but keep in mind that all unsaved/ unknown call ringtones will be silenced.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 14:04   #15450
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a free app to screen share my IPhone 14 on my Samsung smart TV ?

As per one website Airplay works only on post 2018 Samsung TVs. Any hack for pre 2018 Samsung TVs ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks