Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 03:11   #14686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
98, 96, 90 % what difference will it make to you mobike008 Come November 2022 at the latest you will be having the iPhone 14 Pro Max.Cheers
LOL! I had decided this time that I will not upgrade to 14 Promax. But, if Tim Cook oversells then I might become once again a sucker and upgrade it.

I am thinking of giving my 13 Promax to Wifey (as she is not much of an upgrader) and I get myself a 14 Promax.

All Parties will be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Wait, what?

I seriously hope that’s a typo, a detonating battery cannot be good at any percentage.
Blame the iPhone keypad for the typo. Otherwise, if it detonates, as Cyborg mentioned, I will then be forced to get iPhone 14 Promax. ROFL !
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 06:42   #14687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder70 View Post
Hi dears
Any one know how to do ringer sound automation? At office time Ringer sound 10% and at home 70% like that? Is it possible to do with automation?
There are some options for timely media volume adjustments but i didn't find ringer volume automation.
I was thinking something can be done with the Shortcuts app, but a simple google seems to say otherwise. I remember doing something similar couple of years back while we still used to go to office for work, have to think through it.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 30th May 2022 at 06:56.
Old 30th May 2022, 13:35   #14688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
haha, you couldn’t resist that, could you? rofl!
Just couldn’t, irresistible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am thinking of giving my 13 Promax to Wifey (as she is not much of an upgrader) and I get myself a 14 Promax.
Happy Wife, happy life my friend!

On a serious note friends - mobike008, I used to do exactly as you, change every year. However, I am still on an iPhone 11 because I just cannot use any of Apple’s new phones with the OLED screens.

Bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max back in the day, had to sell it off on the second day (10 thousand rupee loss) due to Pulse Width Management (PWM) issues. My eyes start burning within 5-10 minutes of looking at the screen, this affects a minuscule percentage of people like me (freaks ). Tried everything, white point, brightness, dark mode, nothing works. It’s the same for the 12 and 13 series which I have tried too.

Bought the vanilla 11 because that’s the only and last Apple phone model with an LCD screen. I have to keep using this phone till Tim Cook decides to move to the mini-led screen technology which is rumoured for the future.

Don’t want to switch to Android either since am quite entrenched and extremely happy within Apple’s beautiful walled garden with the AirPods Pro, Apple TV and MacBook Air M1. Looking at the Apple Watch series 8 when it launches as well.

So that’s my sob story with the beautiful Pro Max’s which I want but cannot use.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 30th May 2022 at 13:50.
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 19:30   #14689
Senior - BHPian

Whats this new tech? Haven't heard about it. High refresh rates will always trouble the eyes, my Doc was suggesting the use of tinted glasses
Quote:
I have to keep using this phone till Tim Cook decides to move to the mini-led screen technology which is rumoured for the future.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 20:15   #14690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On a serious note friends - mobike008, I used to do exactly as you, change every year. However, I am still on an iPhone 11 because I just cannot use any of Apple’s new phones with the OLED screens.

Bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max back in the day, had to sell it off on the second day (10 thousand rupee loss) due to Pulse Width Management (PWM) issues. My eyes start burning within 5-10 minutes of looking at the screen, this affects a minuscule percentage of people like me (freaks ). Tried everything, white point, brightness, dark mode, nothing works. It’s the same for the 12 and 13 series which I have tried too.

Bought the vanilla 11 because that’s the only and last Apple phone model with an LCD screen. I have to keep using this phone till Tim Cook decides to move to the mini-led screen technology which is rumoured for the future.
I have read about your issue. I have an issue which isn't similar but, got pronounced during the pandemic due to high usage of devices- Dry eyes.

I try to avoid devices first thing in morning and whenever it's possible. Also for 13 Promax, I have installed a blue ray screen protector which helps a lot in providing relief to strained eye.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the latest from Apple. The promax series are a thing of beauty and simply gorgeous devices. The camera abilities is surreal and it gets better and better. I was blown by 12 promax but, 13 promax is another level.

I can't wait for 14 promax to see if cameras can go any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Whats this new tech? Haven't heard about it. High refresh rates will always trouble the eyes, my Doc was suggesting the use of tinted glasses
Oh Yeah. I am also curious to know what this technology is. Any simple and layman explanation of same?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:01   #14691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sebring, my issue has nothing to do with refresh rates, its the inability of my eyes to adjust to the dimming/lighting of the screen which is imperceptible to you guys.

https://osxdaily.com/2021/05/14/work...d-iphone-ipad/

Check out this article, it explains what happens to people like me with this issue. Needless to say I tried all the fixes possible but nothing worked for me.

Quote:
I am also curious to know what this technology is. Any simple and layman explanation of same?
Thanks mobike008 for your good wishes! Tried the blue screen guard as well, no good for me.

Last Saturday night while out for dinner with some friends, I was just checking out some pictures and videos of their Maldives vacation on his 13 Pro Max. It must have been ~10 minutes but my eyes started burning, gave the phone back.

Mini led screen technology has been rumoured for quite sometime. When it comes to mainstream usage for the iPhone is anybody's guess.

Guys, scroll to the bottom of the article, it explains the technology.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21...d-mac-displays

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 30th May 2022 at 22:11.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:28   #14692

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I was thinking something can be done with the Shortcuts app, but a simple google seems to say otherwise. I remember doing something similar couple of years back while we still used to go to office for work, have to think through it.
Let's see someone know about this ringer setup automation. If it can be done that will be very useful to all!
Old 4th June 2022, 22:43   #14693
BHPian

So this got delivered three days back. I am absolutely in love with it’s dimensions and the battery back up is just awesome (I hope it stays at least 90 percent of this). Camera is brilliant. And the color (Alpine Green) too is an eye catcher.

The iPhone Thread-2f3f18426d2e438483088b05e0eef0c2.jpeg

Just a pic I took from my phone

The iPhone Thread-96e104720fed4df78cb7efd8712b9610.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 23:36   #14694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
So this got delivered three days back. I am absolutely in love with it’s dimensions and the battery back up is just awesome (I hope it stays at least 90 percent of this). Camera is brilliant. And the color (Alpine Green) too is an eye catcher.
Congratulations on the 13 Pro, I'll admit I'm not an Apple guy (love their hardware but the software is the problem for me) but I'll openly admit that the Pro series iPhones are some of the most well rounded phones you can buy. Not to mention the uber-powerful custom internals and fantastic optimization that the iPhones have thanks to said custom internals.

My father has almost the same phone, his is a 13 Pro Max 512GB in Alpine Green and I can tell from personal experience that it's a certified beast.
Old 5th June 2022, 07:42   #14695
Senior - BHPian

Cross sharing this article from a post I found on Reddit. Should be helpful for anyone worried about battery performance over time.

Quote:
A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery.
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 15:26   #14696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Congratulations on the 13 Pro, I'll admit I'm not an Apple guy (love their hardware but the software is the problem for me) but I'll openly admit that the Pro series iPhones are some of the most well rounded phones you can buy. Not to mention the uber-powerful custom internals and fantastic optimization that the iPhones have thanks to said custom internals.

My father has almost the same phone, his is a 13 Pro Max 512GB in Alpine Green and I can tell from personal experience that it's a certified beast.
I was using XR 128 GB prior to this. But the Pro versions are really on another level in terms of performance. Everything seems so fast in the phone.

PS: Mine is also 13 Pro Max 256 GB version.
Old 5th June 2022, 17:58   #14697
BHPian

Just wanted to share a macro mode shot with the ultrawide lens on the 13 pro max, the first image is the standard shot without macro on the wide lens.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-e96872dd370f4d38a038c38be645a6b3.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-06f743320d6a40d286cb54cecd488c2b.jpeg  

AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:42   #14698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post

Just a pic I took from my phone
Congratulations. I hope you are enjoying this beast. If you love taking pictures and videos, this phone will never disappoint you.

I heavily use it for pictures and videos and there is no other phone that can come close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Just wanted to share a macro mode shot with the ultrawide lens on the 13 pro max, the first image is the standard shot without macro on the wide lens.
What a brilliant macro shot. Just mind blowing.

One feeble attempt from my end (Taken in November 2021 just when I got my 13 Promax and never tried a macro till date after this picture).

Your picture inspired me to take some macros now.

The iPhone Thread-img_1118.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_1119.jpg

We should start a thread only for iPhone photography and video. What say?

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th June 2022 at 20:43.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:46   #14699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We should start a thread only for iPhone photography and video. What say?
I think you already did last year? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-ce...hy-thread.html (The Smartphone Photography Thread)

GTO made it more “inclusive” as per the note on the first post.

Quote:
Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2021 at 14:29. Reason: Let's allow pics from all smartphones . Thank you

Last edited by Dry Ice : 5th June 2022 at 20:48.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:51   #14700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think you already did last year? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-ce...hy-thread.html (The Smartphone Photography Thread)

GTO made it more “inclusive” as per the note on the first post.
Gosh! I completely forgot about this thread.

Since it become all smartphones and it become a flurry of posts, the whole idea got diluted and I lost interest in posting on that thread.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks