Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:01   #13186
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

The cameras work well.

Can someone explain what these cyan coloured spots are on the pictures? Does it happen only in wide angle pictures?

The iPhone Thread-bf6f414fa8fa4fe5b2cd98f8942d6a9a.jpeg
Turbanator's picture

The iPhone Thread-fd5992069d05499aa5e07e74045e33da.jpeg
A picture I clicked on my iPhone 11 a while ago. I can be sure that mine was a wide angle shot.
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:46   #13187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
The cameras work well.

Can someone explain what these cyan coloured spots are on the pictures? Does it happen only in wide angle pictures?
That's lens flare and a known issue. TheVerge.com covered it in its review as well.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:49   #13188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
There's no return so right now getting it replaced.
If it helps - With Amazon, every 2nd "replacement request", for a non-returnable product, is a return. No further replacement after that.

Of course, this may not apply to heavy equipment, mobiles and other similar high ticket purchase.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 3rd November 2020 at 15:52.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:24   #13189
BHPian

Any iPhone 11 users facing WiFi issues ? I am facing internet slowness and intermittent disconnects. Other non apple devices works fine. Did the usual network settings reset and restarts. Any suggestions to fix the issue ? I am on iOS 14.1 if that helps.
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:08   #13190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any iPhone 11 users facing WiFi issues ? I am facing internet slowness and intermittent disconnects. Other non apple devices works fine. Did the usual network settings reset and restarts. Any suggestions to fix the issue ? I am on iOS 14.1 if that helps.
Is it happening for WiFi which has Auto Join enabled?? At least for me, the same issue is there whenever I connect to my secondary WiFi for which AutoJoin is NOT enabled. It disconnects intermittently. But no issue for my Main WiFi which is with Auto Join enabled. Let’s wait for feedback from others as well. Mine is iPhone 11 Pro and this observation is after 14.1 update and was not there before.
Thanos-VV is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:03   #13191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
Is it happening for WiFi which has Auto Join enabled?? At least for me, the same issue is there whenever I connect to my secondary WiFi for which AutoJoin is NOT enabled. It disconnects intermittently. But no issue for my Main WiFi which is with Auto Join enabled. Let’s wait for feedback from others as well. Mine is iPhone 11 Pro and this observation is after 14.1 update and was not there before.
Thanos - auto join in enabled for my WiFi. Yeah , I am facing this after updating to iOS 14.1. Also occasionally the phone heats up too post the update. Hope 14.2 is released soon with the fixes.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:40   #13192
BHPian

Quote:
Thanos - auto join in enabled for my WiFi. Yeah , I am facing this after updating to iOS 14.1. Also occasionally the phone heats up too post the update. Hope 14.2 is released soon with the fixes.
It is released. Got it on public beta profile.
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 00:33   #13193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Phone actually discharges if I'm using it while charging and even leaving it untouched charging is super slow and randomly disconnects, the fast charge nonsense mentioned on the listing is all BS.
Fast charging for iDevices works only when you use a USB-C cable (for the iPhone it would mean a USB-C to Lightning cable) and a compatible power adapter. Given that the charging cable you are referring to is a USB-A to Lightning cable it is not capable of fast charging a device.

For cables, adapters and related accessories, when it comes to third-party manufacturers, I wouldn't look beyond extremely reputed companies such as Belkin, AmazonBasics, Anker, Aukey, and mophie. Look for the MFi certification if you do end up getting non-Apple accessories.

Last edited by Anjadekar : 4th November 2020 at 01:02.
Old 4th November 2020, 05:05   #13194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
It is released. Got it on public beta profile.
Waiting for public release. It's released for developers and public beta.
Old 4th November 2020, 15:06   #13195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Apple showroom is not offering any good deals on the pricing so planning to buy the 128 GB version from Amazon itself. Had a few concerns around the seller Darshita Electronics but the below members have confirmed that it is good so we should be good.

EDIT: The 128 GB variant is available on Amazon, searched again just now and it showed up in the results.
So an update on the above. Placed order on 22nd October for a Black 128 GB iPhone 11. Seller Darshita Electronics. The phone was out of stock and delivery was mentioned as latest by 4th November. Eventually the phone shipped on 26th (BlueDart) and reached us on Monday 2nd November. Today after a 48 hour quarantine it was opened and to my relief appears to be a genuine, brand new piece (had some concerns after seeing videos on YouTube about frauds happening around iPhone 11).

Thank you for your inputs and help with finalizing the purchase.

Now the phone would be set up and data transferred (have got some pointers from the forum and would try it out but in case get stuck will circle back). For now my immediate concern is that what would be a good option for a case for this phone. Spigen is what I have seen being recommended the most so could someone point to a specific model which is good and offers good protection. So far we have not used cases on our phones so not sure which would be a good one.

Also, should we get tempered glass for the screen?

Cheers,
S
Old 4th November 2020, 16:03   #13196
BHPian

Quote:
Today after a 48 hour quarantine it was opened and to my relief appears to be a genuine, brand new piece.
Great. Good choice with the phone as well.

Quote:
For now my immediate concern is that what would be a good option for a case for this phone. Spigen is what I have seen being recommended the most so could someone point to a specific model which is good and offers good protection. So far we have not used cases on our phones so not sure which would be a good one.
For my phones, I usually go with the official cases however spigen is a pretty decent brand so you can’t go wrong with it. Their Ultra Hybrid and Armour series provide some extra protection too.

Quote:
This is the first thing you should do. Pick yourself an EZ fit spigen screen guard from amazon. It has an installation kit in it which makes it extremely easy to install. I got it for my 12 pro and it worked like a charm.
pranavmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 16:06   #13197
BHPian

Spigen case or any other hybrid case(hard back+soft sides) will bulk up the already large 11. If you have large hands, go for those for total protection. Check if Amazon basics transparent soft cases are available to bring out the real beauty of the phone. I would suggest to go for the 6D tempered glass which covers the full screen rather than regular glass protector, which leaves out the edges.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 17:24   #13198
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
For cables, adapters and related accessories, when it comes to third-party manufacturers, I wouldn't look beyond extremely reputed companies such as Belkin, AmazonBasics, Anker, Aukey, and mophie. Look for the MFi certification if you do end up getting non-Apple accessories.
Yes, I have an Amazon Basics cable from a while back and it's still going strong. Good list of brands you've given.
Old 4th November 2020, 22:57   #13199
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spigen is what I have seen being recommended the most so could someone point to a specific model which is good and offers good protection.
Congratulations on your iPhone 11. I've been using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case on my 6s previously also. Can certainly vouch for it though I only remember dropping my phone 5 times in 4yrs. It does make the 11 look bulky but protection against hard falls is what one needs.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Get that immediately. Spigen should be good if you can manage to install it on your own. I've got the one installed from Apple store which costs over 1k ! Its compatible with Spigen case.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 09:44   #13200
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for public release. It's released for developers and public beta.
iOS 14.2 is out for public . Also iPhone 12 mini hands on videos are out. The form factor is really appealing. Trying hard to resist the urge to pre order it.

sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed