Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 23:07   #13261
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
For whatsapp, can't you just backup data on cloud and then restore in new device?
That doesn’t work. However, when I recently shifted from android to iPhone, I used a software called dr. fone, though I to pay a fee for the license, it worked flawlessly and transferred all my chats to the iPhone.
Old 12th November 2020, 23:51   #13262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The silicone ones are good, I'm told. Hence Blue, it is! His flight was canceled, so the phone arrives only by Sunday. Ordered for Spigen screen protector. Will need to buy a 20 Watt charger from Apple

The silicone ones have too much friction - a pain when putting into and pulling out of the pocket. They also bring out other things like keys, notes, coins along with them. Go for the leather cases. They are much smoother to use and they look better.

Depending on usage, they last for 2-3 years. The topside edges start chipping away. First the leather or silicone starts coming off and then the base plastic starts to crack. Then, they start to look ugly. But these cases have saved the phone from really nasty falls. Switched to spigen heavy armor on the 11 pro. For protection and long life, I reckon these will last better than the Apple cases.. but god they look bulky and add a lot of weight to the already heavy phone.
Old 13th November 2020, 03:30   #13263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
The silicone ones have too much friction - a pain when putting into and pulling out of the pocket.
The genuine Apple silicone cases do none of this. It would be out of character for Apple to have a product like this out with their name on it. Yes even a case.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 07:42   #13264
Senior - BHPian

Leather ones are good looking too, but out of stock in US. Costs Rs 5900 in India. The Silicone cost us $33
Quote:
Go for the leather cases. They are much smoother to use
Attached Images

Old 13th November 2020, 09:39   #13265
BHPian

Quote:
Leather ones are good looking too, but out of stock in US. Costs Rs 5900 in India. The Silicone cost us $33
I would go for this, much superior build quality to that of apple and ages well. Wife is using one for last 1.5 years on X. Even the cables are super nice and sturdy.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:56   #13266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I would suggest you to opt for that 128GB variants.

Would suggest investing in that 20W Apple fast charger.
Thank you! Ordered the 128 GB variant in the lavender shade yesterday from the Apple Store online along with the 20W fast charger. Should be delivered today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
If your Mi phone survived so many drops, an iPhone would survive far more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I strongly recommend tempered glass secreen protector and case from reputed brand like spigen, something which covers everything of the phone. I am using 6S since 5 years and still appears in great condition.
I wanted to get Spigen's armor based covers but they look too bulky going by the Amazon reviews posted by the users. For the time being, I've ordered a frosted silicone case from some Egotude through Amazon. I'm averse to putting a tempered glass as the smallest bubble cropping up later irritates me to no end!

I read up extensively on the WhatsApp messages transfer from Android to iOS and there are some windows based apps that do it (paid mostly but mixed reviews). In my case, since I've to hand over the existing android device to the courier dude, I cannot do that. So I've exported just the important chats to my mail without the media. I hope I can retrieve them to the iPhone once the phone's setup. Let's see how that goes.

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen. Much appreciated.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 11:02   #13267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I wanted to get Spigen's armor based covers but they look too bulky going by the Amazon reviews posted by the users.
Get this if you value the device; protects well, not bulky and does not cover up the colored back. Also screen guard is not required with this.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Liquid-...s%2C306&sr=8-9
Old 13th November 2020, 11:11   #13268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get this if you value the device; protects well, not bulky and does not cover up the colored back. Also screen guard is not required with this.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Liquid-...s%2C306&sr=8-9
Thanks Jaggu. But won't these transparent silicone ones starts yellowing after sometime? That's another irritant!

What cover are you using with your 11 Pro?
Old 13th November 2020, 11:17   #13269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Thanks Jaggu. But won't these transparent silicone ones starts yellowing after sometime? That's another irritant!

What cover are you using with your 11 Pro?
Yes they will eventually, if you are careful it will last more tha a year without any issue. Just daily wipe is good enough. Inspite of some grease smear (thanks to fiddling on vehicles) mine is in pretty decent shape even now. I wipe it once daily and wash with soap once a month or so.

If you want don't care ones, the you have to get the rugged armour series which is much better overall, but non transparent. That has lasted more than 2 years for me.

I am using this transparent one currently and have a rugged armour (got for a very good deal) as back up after this.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 11:57   #13270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The genuine Apple silicone cases do none of this. It would be out of character for Apple to have a product like this out with their name on it. Yes even a case.

Please. Give me a break. That would only mean Apple is selling counterfeit stuff in their stores

I had these problems - with genuine Apple silicone cases bought in Apple stores in US. Used two in the household, on a 6 and 6s, before we switched to the leather cases. The price difference was minimal - about 10 dollars or so.

This is my mom's XS max with the Apple leather case that's about two years old now. See the chipping problem? For my wife's 7, it's on the second leather case. And it's going in now for a motherboard replacement.

https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1605245573.072604.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1605245608.366644.jpg

Been using Apple products in the family since the iPod classic era. I like them alright. But in our collective experience of using 2 silicone and 7-8 leather cases, I stand by my observations.
Old 13th November 2020, 12:06   #13271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please. Give me a break. That would only mean Apple is selling counterfeit stuff in their stores
I am using the battery case with my XS Max and there is no problem what so ever even thought its white. My apple watch, silicone band again no problem at all.
The iPhone Thread-img_3956.jpg

Quote:
This is my mom's XS max with the Apple leather case that's about two years old now. See the chipping problem? For my wife's 7, it's on the second leather case. And it's going in now for a motherboard replacement.

https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service

Attachment 2079851Attachment 2079852

Been using Apple products in the family since the iPod classic era. I like them alright. But in our collective experience of using 2 silicone and 7-8 leather cases, I stand by my observations.
The leather case would obviously wear out. Mine looks the same but thats the property of the leather.
Old 13th November 2020, 12:25   #13272
BHPian

People are proud of their leather patina's and want a worn out look. Regarding silicon case, just powder your hands with some talc and rub it around the case, to get that silky smoothness back.

Quote:
His flight was canceled, so the phone arrives only by Sunday.
Try your luck by asking your brother to return the Pro and see if the Max Pro is available in Pacific Blue.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 13th November 2020 at 12:28.
Old 13th November 2020, 14:02   #13273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am using the battery case with my XS Max and there is no problem what so ever even thought its white. My apple watch, silicone band again no problem at all.

Attachment 2079877

The leather case would obviously wear out. Mine looks the same but thats the property of the leather.

My brother and I had the same problem with the silicone cases before we shifted to their leather. Too much friction during use. The Nike band on my iwatch is gummy too! It's just the property of the material, I suppose. Too gummy for me. To each his own.

The chipping problem, around the edges is common to silicone and leather cases... the regular ones. The battery cases are built tougher.

I'm not talking about the wear on the leather that causes the patina. After a while, it just starts to wither away on the edges. Or it could be that I'm a very rough user.

Anyways, let's enjoy our products/purchases.
Old 13th November 2020, 17:28   #13274
Senior - BHPian

Apple India Site is amazing. They shipped the 20 watt charger in a day (Rs 1900), with some superb protective packaging. Even the priority packaging from courier looked posh
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_9905.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 18:02   #13275
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for hijacking the iPhone thread!!!!

Any AirPod Pro owners, who are facing static/distortion while listening to music at more than 50% Volume; this is more pronounced when using Transparency/Noise Cancellation Modes. Apparently Apple has a recall for this.

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with their local Apple Authorised Service providers in regards to this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks