Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 09:50   #13201
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I am eagerly awaiting review of the 12 Pro Max. If the camera is better than 12 Pro considerably, I am going for it.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:11   #13202
Senior - BHPian

Spigen ruined the beautiful gloss back finish on my iPhone7. The protective grooves inside, may be a micron thick, but it leaves deep imprints. Leather cases fare far better
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I've been using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case on my 6s previously also
Old 6th November 2020, 10:39   #13203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Also iPhone 12 mini hands on videos are out. The form factor is really appealing. Trying hard to resist the urge to pre order it.
Yes! I just upgraded to the iPhone 11 from the 7 and now wish I had gotten the 12 Mini instead. I’d love to be able to use my phone with one hand again!
Anjadekar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:48   #13204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Spigen ruined the beautiful gloss back finish on my iPhone7. The protective grooves inside, may be a micron thick, but it leaves deep imprints. Leather cases fare far better
I have been using Apple official leather case since iPhone 6s days. Best for protection except the bottom. The bottom isnt fully covered.
Old 6th November 2020, 11:34   #13205
BHPian

For my previous iphone 7 I used the Ringke back cover and now for the iphone 11 using Ringke again. Trust me this is so sturdy and has a fantastic grip always protecting your device. It does not damage or leave any impression on the back as well. Have been using it since a year now right from the day I bought the iphone 11. Go for it...It looks sleek and rugged!
Attached Images

Old 6th November 2020, 13:19   #13206
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I guess I'll find out in coming years since I have a Black iPhone 11 now. Black will always be hard to maintain. My 4.5yr Space Grey 6s still looks pretty good after using the Spigen case all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Yes! I just upgraded to the iPhone 11 from the 7 and now wish I had gotten the 12 Mini instead. I’d love to be able to use my phone with one hand again!
I too upgraded to the 11 from the 6s & find it big & bit bulky with the Spigen case. I'm not too sure if the 12 Mini would be around next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I have been using Apple official leather case since iPhone 6s days. Best for protection except the bottom. The bottom isnt fully covered.
Don't these cases cost upwards of 3k?
Old 6th November 2020, 13:20   #13207
BHPian

Quote:
Also iPhone 12 mini hands on videos are out. The form factor is really appealing. Trying hard to resist the urge to pre order it.
Haha, go for it. I am booking it this evening, the 128 GB in white and the 6000 Cashback on HDFC sealed the deal.
I also checked the 12 in a store yesterday and it didn't seem any different than my 10, except it felt handier and lighter. The mini will be an awesome size for a phone for me.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:44   #13208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Haha, go for it. I am booking it this evening, the 128 GB in white and the 6000 Cashback on HDFC sealed the deal.
I also checked the 12 in a store yesterday and it didn't seem any different than my 10, except it felt handier and lighter. The mini will be an awesome size for a phone for me.
The dilemma exists ! Apple store is offering 35k for the iPhone 11 , but no cash back . Need to check with local dealers for a nice deal. Still on the fence!
Old 6th November 2020, 14:29   #13209
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
The mini will be an awesome size for a phone for me.
The slightly compact size is the Mini's major USP! 12 perhaps is better bang for the buck since there isn't a major price difference.

Quote:
The dilemma exists ! Apple store is offering 35k for the iPhone 11
You meant the online store or the Apple showroom? 35k does seem less.
Old 6th November 2020, 14:43   #13210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

You meant the online store or the Apple showroom? 35k does seem less.
Online apple store. 35k for close to an year old phone seems reasonable to me.
Old 6th November 2020, 14:52   #13211
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Online apple store. 35k for close to an year old phone seems reasonable to me.
Don't go by those figures. Better to visit Apple showroom or few other places. 4yrd old 6s value was shown as 7k on Apple Online Store, but I got 11.5k for my sister's 6s 16gb at Apple showroom. I'm getting 5k for my 6s 64gb at Apple showroom due to the screen having a patch!
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 15:45   #13212
Senior - BHPian

A big negative for me is the entire 12 lineup supposedly has the exact same screen display quality (as per uTube and Apple store people), the Super Retina XDR as the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. For people like me it’s the end as far as buying new iPhones is concerned. I would so much want to pickup the 12 Pro Max otherwise.

I had PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) issues with the 11 Pro Max and had to sell it off and settle for the IPhone 11 due to the LCD screen. PWM causes severe eye strain, burning eyes and headaches. Please google for more details, it’s also discussed on Apple forums.

Please update if anyone had such issues with either the 11 Pro or Max and has tried the 12 Pro or Max once delivered.

Thanks in advance folks.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 16:41   #13213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
For people like me it’s the end as far as buying new iPhones is concerned.
Never say never. Mini LED are the way ahead and will succeed OLED's.
I too had headaches with the iPhone 10. Changed a lot of settings like change whiteness/brightness/true tone, visited opthlamologist to get my eyes checked and almost gave up, but then the headaches gave up on me for unknown reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
The slightly compact size is the Mini's major USP! 12 perhaps is better bang for the buck since there isn't a major price difference.
10,000 difference between the 12 mini 128 and 12 Tall 128 and I tried it yesterday in a store. My thumbs don't reach the top without readjusting the phone slightly in the middle, just like it is on the 10.
Old 6th November 2020, 16:57   #13214
BANNED

I recently moved to IPhone 12 128GB phone. I have been a Pixel user since launch and i have moved from Pixel 2XL after software update cycle stopped. I just find Pixel much more accomplished software experience. Hope Google launches Pixel 5 in India for me to switch back.
Everytime i pick the phone i am reminded how lame the Iphone is. I pick the iphone look at it to see the lock icon unlock then swipe up for home screen. On Pixel i pick up with my index finger on fingerprint and i am straight on to home screen. In apps also there is lot of swipes and clicks for simple stuff which were seamless in Pixel. I still have a Black Berry Passport which i truly loved. Due to Google attitude of not launching Pixel 5 i feel the lack of options in the phone market.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 6th November 2020 at 17:03.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 17:28   #13215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Everytime i pick the phone i am reminded how lame the Iphone is. I pick the iphone look at it to see the lock icon unlock then swipe up for home screen.
Check out John Gruber’s post on this exact situation. I too found the unlock process cumbersome earlier but, doing it the right way now, am blown away by how good Face ID is.
Anjadekar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed