Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 10:31   #13066
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My friend logged in all night and there was no offer. To relieve him of his misery I contacted Apple customer care and they said the response to their Diwali offer was overwhelming, and is now closed. Only in India can they treat customers so badly. They didn't have it up even for a second, and closed it.
I placed my order for iPhone 11 around 2 am this morning and had got a free airpod and now I see, it is gone. So it may be an instant hit indeed.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 17th October 2020 at 10:33.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 10:50   #13067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend logged in all night and there was no offer. To relieve him of his misery I contacted Apple customer care and they said the response to their Diwali offer was overwhelming, and is now closed. Only in India can they treat customers so badly. They didn't have it up even for a second, and closed it.

They did actually and for quite sometime. I got mine too. And they clearly mentioned "offer available till stocks last".
Old 17th October 2020, 11:27   #13068
Senior - BHPian

Oh great! Congrats. What time did you place your order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
They did actually and for quite sometime. I got mine too. And they clearly mentioned "offer available till stocks last".

Last edited by Sebring : 17th October 2020 at 11:28.
Old 17th October 2020, 13:30   #13069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I read that iPhone 11 has fast charging support but comes with a weak 5W charger! Are any of you buying the 18W Fast Charger or is it 30W? If so, which one & from where? I assume USB-C to Lightning cable would also be needed.
It’s a 18W fast charger which needs to be bought separately. You can buy it from any Apple store for around 27xx. The cable supplied in your 11 box will suffice.

I bought the fast charger when I purchased the phone last year. 18 watts, but really good enough and a must buy. The 5 watt charger is a pain.

Cheers
Old 17th October 2020, 14:24   #13070
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It’s a 18W fast charger which needs to be bought separately. You can buy it from any Apple store for around 27xx. The cable supplied in your 11 box will suffice.
I only see a 20W power adapter there. I guess that should suffice?

Also, need an extra cable to be kept in office. I guess Belkin should be good enough or are there better ones?

https://www.apple.com/in/shop/produc...8ea7aad479f0d0

https://www.amazon.in/Belkin-Boost-C...s%2C364&sr=8-4
Old 17th October 2020, 14:36   #13071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only see a 20W power adapter there. I guess that should suffice?
Also, need an extra cable to be kept in office. I guess Belkin should be good enough or are there better ones?
20W should be even better, get that PPS (is this for the SQ Priority Passenger service?). Belkin is good enough as they are making the MagSafe Wireless chargers for the 12 series also or check for the same cable from Apple itself and get that. Both should be cool.

Cheers
Old 17th October 2020, 14:49   #13072
BHPian

Quote:
They didn't have it up even for a second, and closed it.
I don't think that was the case, I leisurely explored Apple India site's iPhone 11 page till 1 am, keyed in my iphone 6s details for trade in and got the options to select airpod for free or airpod pro and airpod wireless case at some 4-8k extra. (There was also an option for free engraving on airpod wireless case and airpod pro). Apple quoted a decent 7k for my old phone as compared to Amazon and final payment of 47k after exchange was the deal for me. But I really have my heart set on iphone 12 mini as I hate big phones and love the old iPhone SE type candybar form factor of new iphone 12 series so reluctantly did not go through the transaction payment and slightly regret now thinking if I made a right call

Anyways, congratulations to those who got this deal. Excellent VFM I feel for a very very competent phone
camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:04   #13073
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
1) How can I charge Iphone wirelessly? Seems I have to buy a wireless charger separately. If yes, which one should I buy?

2) How much time the Phone takes for full charge from Wireless Charger?

3) Can AirPods PRO be charged Wirelessly?

4) Do AIRPODS PRO work seamlessley with Macbook Air?
1- You can use any compatible wireless pad, Qi wireless chargers works fine.

2- Unless it has apple supported wireless charger, it will take almost same as normal apple charger.

3) I believe Qi chargers do work

4) Being apple it should but I haven't used it
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:08   #13074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Just Ordered AIRPODS PRO @ Rs. 18,000 (Flipkart at Offer Price)
& IPHONE XR 64GB @ Rs.30,434 ( Flipkart at Offer Price plus Exchange old phone(-6500) )

My first Iphone & Airpods. Have been using Android phones till now. Had some queries:

1) How can I charge Iphone wirelessly? Seems I have to buy a wireless charger separately. If yes, which one should I buy?

2) How much time the Phone takes for full charge from Wireless Charger?

3) Can AirPods PRO be charged Wirelessly?

4) Do AIRPODS PRO work seamlessley with Macbook Air?
1)You need a wireless charger for it, I have a Mophie dual charger, it can charge two wireless devices at the same time.

2)Its not a fast charger so it takes a couple of hours for my 11Pro, haven't checked the exact time frame.

3)Yes Airpods pro can be charged wirelessly using the same charger for the iPhone.

4)Yes they do, I dont have a mac, but a friend uses them with a Mac.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:12   #13075
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
20W should be even better, get that PPS (is this for the SQ Priority Passenger service?). Belkin is good enough as they are making the MagSafe Wireless chargers for the 12 series also or check for the same cable from Apple itself and get that. Both should be cool.
I read on this thread that the Belkin cable is better & stronger than the ones provided by Apple. Hence, going for it. Btw, I have no idea what SQ Priority Pass is.

Also guys, please suggest a Power Bank (not too heavy) which supports fast charging.
Old 17th October 2020, 15:33   #13076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh great! Congrats. What time did you place your order?

I got mine at around 12:30am.
Old 17th October 2020, 17:57   #13077
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
keyed in my iphone 6s details for trade in and Apple quoted a decent 7k for my old phone as compared to Amazon
Thats quite a decent amount for 4-5yr old iPhone 6s. Mine is 4.5yr old, I guess I'll just keep it as a spare phone since I recently changed its battery. There's a problem with the screen, not sure if anyone here has had any experience getting their screen changed at their doorstep by Cashify or someone. Don't mind doing it if costs around 4k.
Old 17th October 2020, 18:30   #13078
Senior - BHPian

6S is the last one with the headphone jack. So a bit of a rare kind. I'll keep mine for a while at least
Quote:
Thats quite a decent amount for 4-5yr old iPhone 6s. Mine is 4.5yr old, I guess I'll just keep it as a spare phone since I recently changed its battery. There's a problem with the screen, not sure if anyone here has had any experience getting their screen changed at their doorstep by Cashify or someone. Don't mind doing it if costs around 4k.
Old 17th October 2020, 20:07   #13079
BHPian

Quote:
Be careful who you sell your old phone to. There is a whole industry out there who retrieve data from these devices and put it to mischievous use.
I wasn't aware of this. I had the fastest sale on OLX with my 128 iPhone 7 this time. Though wasn't a big increment over Apple's quoted exchange price of 11000 ( got 12500), but the transaction was smooth with a well informed buyer, who bought it for personal use. Wiped my phone clean and all and not much to data mine , incase someone wants to do it, as the phone was lying around as a spare with no data in it. All set for the 12 mini now , but I will most probably wait for Christmas/Republic day sale on Amazon/Flipkart and then take a call.
Old 17th October 2020, 20:08   #13080
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Is the below Mi Power Bank 3i any good? Needed one specifically for my upcoming iPhone 11. The Power Bank claims to support 18W fast charging. Or are there better ones like Anker,etc? If so, kindly provide a link.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...OWI0VEHLG&th=1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks