Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 16:40   #14011
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Here is my first milky way shot ever and that too from a phone camera. I live in a fairly light polluted area not too off, of the city. I wasnt expecting this, not even close. iPhone 13 Pro Max's camera is really as good as they say!

The iPhone Thread-img_8914-p.jpg
extreme_torque is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 18:28   #14012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Updated my iphone 7 to ios 15…

I was thinking of upgrading to a 12 mini this year but regular iphone updates are now making me sit on fence regarding this decision. Would probably decide on upgrading in a few days depending on discounts available & exchange value of iphone 7.
In a similar situation. Upgraded 6s to iOS 15 and its amazing how this 6 year old phone still performs smoothly. After android usage for more than a decade this last 1 year of iOS experience has been great so far. Yes the 6s I use is my brother’s old phone which I picked up last year as a stop gap arrangement when my last android conked off in flat 2 years. Only bought a new battery which stands at 92% currently. Stop gap has swelled to 1 year now and the phone still works fine.

But then the itch to upgrade creeps in now as a few apps don’t support 6s. For example amazon pay UPI. Was eyeing the 12 mini for its compact form factor. Waiting for BBD sale to see what sort of offers we get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Updated my 6S yesterday night and it is running as smooth as ever. Really appreciate Apple for giving updates and moreover useful updates to such an old phone which is relevant even today.
Couldn’t agree more

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th September 2021 at 18:42.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 19:45   #14013
BHPian

Quote:
Updated my 6S yesterday night and it is running as smooth as ever. Really appreciate Apple for giving updates and moreover useful updates to such an old phone which is relevant even today.
Is everything working fine with iOS 15 on your iPhone 6S? I am using the 6S since 2015 and it is currently in its 6th year and I don't see a point of changing to a new phone even now as it does whatever I want it to do.
Old 26th September 2021, 19:50   #14014
BHPian

Anyone here who uses the dual sim capabilities in the new iphones frequently for work?
A family member is deciding between the iPhone 12 and S20 FE 5g and the main drawback right now is the dual sim functionality,

How similar is the dual sim functionality in the iPhones with the e-sim from a work perspective? how much of a learning curve would be there compared to the way dual sim works on Samsung phones?

Any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:01   #14015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post

How similar is the dual sim functionality in the iPhones with the e-sim from a work perspective? how much of a learning curve would be there compared to the way dual sim works on Samsung phones?

Any help would be appreciated thanks
Hi, I am using the dual sim functionality since it has been introduced by Apple. Airtel and Jio supports e-sim in India. So you need to have SIM from one of the two operators.
One tip, the SIM on which you get OTPs from banks or others, keep it as a physical SIM in your phone. That way, you can continue doing transactions by putting the SIM in other phone should you face any problems with your phone. Learnt it the hard way.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:11   #14016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Is everything working fine with iOS 15 on your iPhone 6S? I am using the 6S since 2015 and it is currently in its 6th year and I don't see a point of changing to a new phone even now as it does whatever I want it to do.
Absolutely zippy as ever. No issues. Battery life is also fine.
Old 26th September 2021, 21:58   #14017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
You can also check max fcc which is what the battery shipped with when new. In my case max fcc was 3880 mah (rated capacity is 3687 mah) and nominal capacity was 3060 mah. One thing most people don’t know is the phone ships with around 105-106% battery capacity (not 100), that’s why it takes so long for it to drop from 100% once you start using.
This is interesting infromation. How do you check the battery capacity (MAH) in log file? I checked the latest log file and don't see the battery information.
Old 26th September 2021, 22:14   #14018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is interesting infromation. How do you check the battery capacity (MAH) in log file? I checked the latest log file and don't see the battery information.

Under Analytics Data, you have to scroll down and about halfway you’ll find log-aggregated-date stamp, open the most recent one and again it’ll open a huge file which will have your battery health data lower down, you can even see the cycle count in addition to all the capacities. Check this link for the step by step:
Old 26th September 2021, 23:33   #14019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Under Analytics Data, you have to scroll down and about halfway you’ll find log-aggregated-date stamp, open the most recent one and again it’ll open a huge file which will have your battery health data lower down, you can even see the cycle count in addition to all the capacities. Check this link for the step by step]
I am aware of this process on how to check for battery cycle.

Was asking about how to check the battery number remaining like if it was shipped with 3050 MAH and after using it for a year, what is this battery number remaining assuming this also goes down over a period of time.
Old 26th September 2021, 23:37   #14020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go to analytics and share the latest date title file and open it on a pc or a Mac using notes or notepad. Search for cyclecount to check how many cycles your battery has been through. Same way check for maximum fcc for actual original battery capacity. It will be slightly higher than what Apple states. Then check for nominal charge capacity and this is your current battery capacity after depreciation. Also, Apple calculates the battery percentage using the same analytics.
Just find the percentage of current capacity to maximum capacity and the rounded off result is displayed as battery health.

Trust that helps!

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:50   #14021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go to analytics and share the latest date title file and open it on a pc or a Mac using notes or notepad. Search for cyclecount to check how many cycles your battery has been through. Same way check for maximum fcc for actual original battery capacity. It will be slightly higher than what Apple states. Then check for nominal charge capacity and this is your current battery capacity after depreciation. Also, Apple calculates the battery percentage using the same analytics.
Just find the percentage of current capacity to maximum capacity and the rounded off result is displayed as battery health.

Trust that helps!

Regards.
Thanks, this helped. I copied the last log file and got below data for my iPhone 12 Promax which I bought in November 2020

Basically, after 10 months usage this is what I got

Battery Health as shown on phone : 94%

Battery Cycle Count (As per Log File) : 136

Battery Max FCC : 4438 MAH

What I can understand from above is that as per my heavy usage, I can continue to use this phone and it's battery for total of ~ 4 years as 500 battery cycle is the threshold for all apple devices. That's pretty good!

Can someone decipher the Max FCC. What does this 4438 MAH mean?
Old 26th September 2021, 23:59   #14022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Max FCC is the capacity with which the battery was shipped. If you search for nominal charge capacity, it will give you the current charge capacity that your battery can hold now. That is, after depreciation of all these months of usage.

Since your battery health stands ~94%, your nominal charge capacity should be around the figure 4100 mah.

Last edited by saket77 : 27th September 2021 at 00:00.
Old 27th September 2021, 00:01   #14023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Max FCC is the capacity with which the battery was shipped. If you search for nominal charge capacity, it will give you the current charge capacity that your battery can hold now. That is, after depreciation of all these months of usage.
Used the search string "Nominalchargecapacity" and it returned a number like 285. Not sure if that's the correct string to search for current battery capacity.
Old 27th September 2021, 00:08   #14024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Used the search string "Nominalchargecapacity" and it returned a number like 285. Not sure if that's the correct string to search for current battery capacity.
I checked mine a few days ago and most likely, that was the string. Not sure, why you’re looking at a figure that doesn’t seem correct.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:07   #14025
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, this helped. I copied the last log file and got below data for my iPhone 12 Promax which I bought in November 2020

Basically, after 10 months usage this is what I got

Battery Health as shown on phone : 94%

Battery Cycle Count (As per Log File) : 136

Battery Max FCC : 4438 MAH

What I can understand from above is that as per my heavy usage, I can continue to use this phone and it's battery for total of ~ 4 years as 500 battery cycle is the threshold for all apple devices. That's pretty good!

Max FCC is the maximum capacity your battery held when brand new, it is around 105-106% of the official rated capacity of the phone (for the 12 pro max the rated capacity is 3687 mah).

You’re not looking at the correct values for max fcc, no way it can be that high for a 12 pro max, I have the same phone and it’s the same age as well in fact (10 months old). Here’s a screenshot from my log values:
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-25bd92fa1d3347728b2832e6dd0f339c.jpeg  

Last edited by AJ56 : 27th September 2021 at 01:10.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed