Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 10:27   #13996
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
How much adaption would be required if I switch over to the iPhone 12
I frequently switch between Android and iPhone to test my apps. One thing you need to consider is Whatsapp.

There is no reasonable way to transfer your whatsapp content to iPhone from Android.
Old 24th September 2021, 11:23   #13997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
You just cant unsee it. 90/120hz on OP series is a different ballgame all together.
Thanks for your views ynike99, I agree the 90 hz refresh rate is something else but with my OP7t, every alternate day I keep getting a bug where the screen switches to 60 hz and the lag and stutter in usual is becoming unbearable. Hence looking to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I already use an iPad with a 60Hz screen and apple does a great job with UI smoothness even at 60Hz. You will notice the difference initially but will get used to it in a couple of days.
Thanks, everyone in my house uses an iPhone and I can see that there is very little to no difference while using their phones occasionally. Really wished OnePlus woke up because the 7t is a lovely phone let down by buggy software

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
One thing you need to consider is Whatsapp.
There is no reasonable way to transfer your whatsapp content to iPhone from Android.
I do not think whatsapp should be a problem, I only use it for personal communication and having a start over will only help in reducing the clutter. I will also not be selling my OnePlus 7t, so that data will still be there.
Old 24th September 2021, 11:46   #13998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post

Thanks, everyone in my house uses an iPhone and I can see that there is very little to no difference while using their phones occasionally. Really wished OnePlus woke up because the 7t is a lovely phone let down by buggy software

Same situation in my house. I am the only Android user in my house too. The screen stutters and slowdowns are becoming worse by the day, otherwise I had no intention of changing phones so soon.
Old 24th September 2021, 14:59   #13999
Senior - BHPian

So completed setting up my phone and here are the first impressions

1. iPhone 12 Pro Max ran very smooth as it is even though it was only 60hz, the 13 Pro Max is honey dew smooth. Just flies through every UI interaction.

2. The camera's are a big upgrade especially the wide angle which also doubles up as a macro lens. The main camera is improved as well but cant see much during daylight photos - will have to check the night time photos to come to a conclusion. Also wish there was a manual override for the macro. For now the camera automatically switches to macro mode as you go closer to an object. Apparently there is a fix coming later this fall but i dont know how they will implement it.

3. I am confused with the telephoto though. Apple said all three camera's now do night mode but the phone still switches to the main camera in low light scenario's. I was assuming that it wont switch to the main camera even in low light because it can do night mode.

4. Its FAST. There is no waiting for anything and couple that with the smooth 120hz screen, it almost feels too fast at times.

5. Still glad I went for Sierra Blue. The back glass is very subtle blue and in some lighting it even appears Grey. Also love the new Wisteria color Apple leather case. It is eye wateringly expensive though.

6. Face ID be feels faster. It may be placebo. Would love to know what others think.

7. Notch is smaller but it doesnt display anything extra on the display. May be an aesthetic change but like a previous poster, I much prefer the larger notch as well because it felt more proportional.

Posting a few random macro's. Please excuse the composition. They were taken purely for testing. (For tbhp mods - We really need to enable HEIC photo uploads)

The iPhone Thread-img_8712.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8733.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_8750.jpg

Last edited by extreme_torque : 24th September 2021 at 15:07.
extreme_torque is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:13   #14000
BHPian

Updated my iphone 7 to ios 15. Almost everything is smooth and am actually astonished that how this 5 year old phone is handling the latest IOS software. I had upgraded from iphone 5 way back in Sep 2016; and this phone is still going strong except for the absolutely useless battery life.
There are some apps which stutter on my phone like Slack, Blackberry Work etc., but on the whole this has been quite smooth. I was thinking of upgrading to a 12 mini this year but regular iphone updates are now making me sit on fence regarding this decision. Would probably decide on upgrading in a few days depending on discounts available & exchange value of iphone 7.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:38   #14001
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated my 6S yesterday night and it is running as smooth as ever. Really appreciate Apple for giving updates and moreover useful updates to such an old phone which is relevant even today.
Old 24th September 2021, 22:04   #14002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
So completed setting up my phone and here are the first impressions.1. iPhone 12 Pro Max ran very smooth as it is even though it was only 60hz, the 13 Pro Max is honey dew smooth. Just flies through every UI interaction.
Congrats Mate. Heartening to know the feedback first hand from you on iPhone 13 Pro Max. I'm just waiting for a few days to order as believe you me, I dont have a delivery address that I have that I can use to tell Apple to deliver my 13

As you continue using it, please keep a look out with respect to differences with 12 Promax as I'm keen to know what are the main differences between these two flagships.

Also, do try to take a video and showcase the cinematic video feature. I'm super excited about this feature. I might leave my current profession and become a director just to use this feature..Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Updated my 6S yesterday night and it is running as smooth as ever. Really appreciate Apple for giving updates and moreover useful updates to such an old phone which is relevant even today.
It's indeed a great gesture by Apple as the first thing when they release an OS update is to share the "long list" of old models they support which means they care for their old customers and not leaving them out in the cold.

I have updated my 12Promax to iOS 15 and except Apple Maps ( Driving almost 150 miles every day since last few days) I haven't explored other features yet.

Can someone please highlight the top "WOW" features of iOS 15? Can be Top 10 or Top 15 etc. It can be a nice post to flag it for reference. Thanks!
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 00:36   #14003
Senior - BHPian

Here’s a night mode astro review of the 13 Pro Max from someone i follow on youtube. Its impressive!

Old 25th September 2021, 05:45   #14004
Senior - BHPian

This guy is by far my fav tech reviewer and apparently the 13 Pro Max goes even brighter than the advertised display nits. Much brighter!

I dont usually take other so called tech youtuber's seriously especially MKBHD who's content is sorely short on substance and technicalities. Another example and no other tech youtuber pointed this out

extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 13:48   #14005
BHPian

Got my iPhone 13 yesterday. I’d have gotten the pro version if not for the absurd markup in india. I was in two minds about adding a tempered glass but finally bit the bullet and got one (Spigen) as soon as I unboxed it. Installation was dead simple.

Transferring data from my android (pixel 3a) was a miserable failure using the ‘move to ios’ app. Had to transfer data manually.

After approximately 24h of use, the thing i notice most about the iPhone is that it is significantly heavier and i’m not very comfortable with using it for longer than a few minutes. it will take some time to get used to it for sure. otherwise, its been an uneventful and smooth experience so far.
kauphylover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 15:47   #14006
BHPian

Updated my 3 years old iPhone X to iOS 15 yesterday. Battery health has reduced from 83% to 79% post update. Anyone else faced the same issue ?
Old 25th September 2021, 16:19   #14007
BHPian

Updated my iPhone XR 128 GB to ios15 on the first available itself. I have been facing issues in my phone after the update. It has become a bit laggy, especially when closing an app and when on charge. Anyone faced this issue.?
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:58   #14008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Updated my 3 years old iPhone X to iOS 15 yesterday. Battery health has reduced from 83% to 79% post update. Anyone else faced the same issue ?
Battery performance does take a hit immediately after a major system upgrade. Wait for a few days, the phone will recalibrate and things should be normal. Not sure if the battery health percentage will fluctuate too, do update if it does after a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Updated my iPhone XR 128 GB to ios15 on the first available itself. I have been facing issues in my phone after the update. It has become a bit laggy, especially when closing an app and when on charge. Anyone faced this issue.?
Sahil, I upgraded my 11 to iOS 15, no issues so far. For the kind of issues you mention possibly Apple will roll out a fix with 15.1, I believe a beta version of 15.1 is already out for testers.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 25th September 2021 at 16:59.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 17:40   #14009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I frequently switch between Android and iPhone to test my apps. One thing you need to consider is Whatsapp.

Well i think now onwards you will find a ‘transfer to android’ option on the chat settings in the ios version and use it to transfer the chats to android. It uses a google drive to move and restore chats in android.

However the reverse is still not possible. Hoping to see the feature in android soon. So one part of your problem is solved
Old 26th September 2021, 16:07   #14010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Completely normal, my 12 pro max went from 90% to 88% health post update, the system recalibrates and reflects the true capacity.

You shouldn’t be trusting this number blindly anyway, the accurate way to check your battery is under privacy - analytics and improvement - analytics data - scroll down to log aggregated with the most recent date and then check your batteries nominal capacity there, it’ll give you a much more accurate figure.

You can also check max fcc which is what the battery shipped with when new. In my case max fcc was 3880 mah (rated capacity is 3687 mah) and nominal capacity was 3060 mah. One thing most people don’t know is the phone ships with around 105-106% battery capacity (not 100), that’s why it takes so long for it to drop from 100% once you start using.

Last edited by AJ56 : 26th September 2021 at 16:08.
AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks