Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 18:57   #15496
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I blindly hit the "Software Update" button for every release that hits my phone (or, car).
Me too.
Just blindly update all my iDevices at one shot.
But I have set up frequent back ups to iCloud which usually happens when the machines are idle and being charged. Best to buy lots of iCloud space and sync all iDevices.
Love all the Apple machines and aesthetics and eco system.
Absolutely dislike Android and Windows and their ilk.
But have to use these partially for work.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 16th February 2023 at 19:00.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 20:11   #15497
BHPian

Hi,

Wanted to understand if it is worth getting a new iPhone from Dubai or Thailand in terms of price. Also, would they be compatible with Indian sim, all features working and with international warranty?

Haven’t explored this yet, hence seeking advise.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 00:11   #15498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
To be honest, I was really hurt by this incident as I really felt cheated. This is my second bad experience with Amazon, and I am no longer comfortable trusting Amazon in the future.
Sorry to hear about this. Did you select incorrect product received as the return reason?

Either way please send an email to Jeff Bezos directly at jeff@amazon.com and someone from his senior team will call you back within a day or so and listen to you and resolve the issue. I’ve done this successfully quite a few times. And yes he apparently does check this email inbox himself.

All the best let us know how you get on. Thank me later!
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 06:12   #15499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
hi - just wanted to check if anyone is using iPhone 11 with OnePlus Pro Buds? https://www.oneplus.in/product/oneplus-buds-pro
I use Oneplus buds with iPhone 11 and it works flawlessly. You might want to wait for Pro Buds 2 which were launched on 7th February and should be available any time now.
Old 17th February 2023, 13:18   #15500
Senior - BHPian

So as you know about 6 months ago I picked up an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 GB Purple form the US which my wife is using. Now I also wanted the same phone. Since my wife was not very happy with the purple, I asked a friend to pick up an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 GB Gold US Version (the colour my wife wanted). Now she will use the Gold and I will take the Purple.
Transferring all the data, apps, messages, settings etc. are no problem with Apple's set up process. Now since both phone are dual e-Sim, I'll have to transfer the 2 e-Sims (Jio & Airtel) from the Purple to the Gold phone. How do I go about this. Most YouTube videos only show the process from Physical Sim to e-Sim.
Old 17th February 2023, 14:07   #15501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
How do I go about this. Most YouTube videos only show the process from Physical Sim to e-Sim.
I haven't transferred e-sim as I still use physical sim, however when you are doing the iPhone to iPhone transfer, I think it does ask for an option to transfer e-sim data.
While apple may have the option of e-sim transfer, do Jio and Airtel permit this/technically possible with them?
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 14:17   #15502

Quote:
So as you know about 6 months ago I picked up an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 GB Purple form the US which my wife is using. Now I also wanted the same phone. Since my wife was not very happy with the purple, I asked a friend to pick up an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 GB Gold US Version (the colour my wife wanted). Now she will use the Gold and I will take the Purple.
Transferring all the data, apps, messages, settings etc. are no problem with Apple's set up process. Now since both phone are dual e-Sim, I'll have to transfer the 2 e-Sims (Jio & Airtel) from the Purple to the Gold phone. How do I go about this. Most YouTube videos only show the process from Physical Sim to e-Sim.

For transfer of Jio esim to another Iphone you have to follow these steps;

1. First, go to the Settings menu and select General.

2. Next, select About, which displays your EID and IMEI number. Please take note of those.

3. Next, send ‘SMS GETESIM’ from your phone to 199, along with its EID and IMEI digits.

4. You will then be issued a 19-digit eSIM number and eSIM profile setup information.

5. You will also receive an alert to set up the profile.

6. Next, text SIMCHG to 199, followed by a 19-digit eSIM code.

7. You will receive an update in two hours, which you must confirm by texting ‘1’ to 183.

8.You will then receive an automated call in which you will be asked for your 19-digit eSIM number.

9. After successful confirmation, you will receive an SMS notification.

10. If you get a notification to set the profile, simply click on it and choose to Install data plan.

11. Click the Continue button.

12. If you do not receive the notification, navigate to Settings and select Jio Data Plan Ready to Install.

Finally, click Continue, and your Jio eSIM should be activated.

Regarding Airtel esim you have to contact Airtel Customer care and they will provide you QR Code in your registered email, scan the code and follow the next steps as advised.

Hope this helps you!!
MahindraThor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 14:25   #15503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is there any way to configure a different ring tone for each eSIM in an iPhone? I want to be able to distinguish between calls coming on the different eSIMs without having to look at the screen.
Nope iPhone does not support this like Androids, you can set separate ring tones for a particular contact, that's all.

Quote:
How do I go about this. Most YouTube videos only show the process from Physical Sim to e-Sim.
https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT212780

Quote:
On your new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
Choose a cellular plan to transfer from another iPhone. If you don't see a list of numbers, tap Transfer From Another iPhone. This requires both devices to have iOS 16 or later.
Check for instructions on your previous iPhone to confirm the transfer. To confirm, tap Transfer or, if asked for a verification code, enter the code that's displayed on your new iPhone.
Wait for the cellular plan to activate on your new iPhone. Your previous SIM is deactivated when the cellular plan on your new iPhone activates.
If a banner appears on your new iPhone that says Finish Setting Up Your Carrier's Cellular Plan, tap it. You will be redirected to your carrier's webpage to transfer your eSIM. If you need help, contact your carrier.
You can try this, again not sure if it is dependent on service provider.

Next option is to use SMS based new esim activation done from old iPhone, works well in both Airtel and Jio. But yes you will loose incoming SMS for 24 hours.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 13:09   #15504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
- iPhone 13 mini - 45k.
Was this a discounted price somewhere ?

I want a mini, but feel the currently listed prices of 6x-7x k to be on the higher side. My usage is not heavy, but the compactness is what I want which I dont see in any android phone.
Old 19th February 2023, 14:15   #15505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was this a discounted price somewhere ?

I want a mini, but feel the currently listed prices of 6x-7x k to be on the higher side. My usage is not heavy, but the compactness is what I want which I dont see in any android phone.
Hi Condor, this was the price after exchange of a fully functioning iPhone 11 on the Apple website.

We ultimately bought an iPhone 14 - reasons mentioned here (The iPhone Thread).

Last edited by warrioraks : 19th February 2023 at 14:18.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 08:27   #15506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Did you select incorrect product received as the return reason?

Either way please send an email to Jeff Bezos directly at jeff@amazon.com and someone from his senior team will call you back within a day or so and listen to you and resolve the issue. I’ve done this successfully quite a few times. And yes he apparently does check this email inbox himself.

All the best let us know how you get on. Thank me later!

I did as you said, I mailed them with all the details but unfortunately, the response was exactly the same Amazon will not do a refund when they haven't received the original product which was scanned and sent by them. So "I give up".

but Thanks, s4ch, for your tip , I am sure this would be helpful in future and also many in the forum can benefit from it.
Old 24th February 2023, 13:17   #15507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahindraThor View Post
For transfer of Jio esim to another Iphone you have to follow these steps;
I'm guessing this is the same procedure as getting an eSim from a Physical Sim.

Quote:
Regarding Airtel esim you have to contact Airtel Customer care and they will provide you QR Code in your registered email, scan the code and follow the next steps as advised.
This is a much simpler process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I haven't transferred e-sim as I still use physical sim, however when you are doing the iPhone to iPhone transfer, I think it does ask for an option to transfer e-sim data.
While apple may have the option of e-sim transfer, do Jio and Airtel permit this/technically possible with them?
I did see this. But there are doubts whether it will work in India. If it does that will be really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT212780

You can try this, again not sure if it is dependent on service provider.
Like I said above, this is the best option if it works in India

Quote:
Next option is to use SMS based new esim activation done from old iPhone, works well in both Airtel and Jio. But yes you will loose incoming SMS for 24 hours.
If nothing else works, I guess I'm stick with this process.

I'm expecting to get the new phone on sunday. Will start off with setting it up as soon as I get it. Once fully set up with my wife's data and eSims, I can get started with factory resetting her Purple 14 Pro Max and setting it up by transferring my data from my OP7P and then getting my physical sims converted to eSims.

If operators want to encourage eSims, they need to make the process simpler and all operators need to have an identical procedure. Not using physical Sims will be a huge cost saving for them.
Old 24th February 2023, 13:37   #15508

Quote:
I'm guessing this is the same procedure as getting an eSim from a Physical Sim.
Yes I did the same procedure last November and I was able to run Jio Esim on my new Iphone 14 Promax (in my previous Iphone Jio Esim was active). So the procedure for Jio Esim is simple enough and anybody can do it himself. Just we have to follow the steps in sequence.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th February 2023 at 15:03. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed
MahindraThor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 13:57   #15509
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic, but just some concerns on app subscriptions and payments in the apple ecosystem.

First, my amex card is no more good to use, then I tried net banking thru Icici, and it did work for a few months. Now for the last 2 months, i have to recharge apple payments for any subscription. And it has to be done manually done every month, or either we have to maintain a high balance in apple payments. I find this extremely inconvenient. Is there any other work around this? Surprised that amex now doesnt work with anything now, neither apple and nor netflix.
Old 27th February 2023, 17:54   #15510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm expecting to get the new phone on sunday. Will start off with setting it up as soon as I get it. Once fully set up with my wife's data and eSims, I can get started with factory resetting her Purple 14 Pro Max and setting it up by transferring my data from my OP7P and then getting my physical sims converted to eSims.
Just got the Gold iPhone 14 Pro Max today. I was able to migrate all the data from my wife's Purple iPhone 14 Pro Max within 5 minutes. Absolutely smooth process. As expected the eSims did not get transferred. Another problem I encountered was with WhatsApp. I was using 2 accounts. On the iPhone I set up one number as WhatsApp and the other as WhatsApp Business. However I was only able to restore chats from one number. Now I realise that I should have migrated 1 account to WhatsApp Business on the Android and then used the Move to iOS App to shift data. Anyways didn't loose too many messages. At least it was better than my last attempt when I migrated my wife's data from Android to iOS where none of the WhatsApp Chats got restored.

Quote:
If operators want to encourage eSims, they need to make the process simpler and all operators need to have an identical procedure. Not using physical Sims will be a huge cost saving for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahindraThor View Post
Yes I did the same procedure last November and I was able to run Jio Esim on my new Iphone 14 Promax (in my previous Iphone Jio Esim was active). So the procedure for Jio Esim is simple enough and anybody can do it himself. Just we have to follow the steps in sequence.
I'm currently doing the eSim process for the 5th time. 1st time for the Purple, then on an iPhone 12 & 13 for my nieces, then migrating my wife's eSims from the Purple to the Gold and now I'm currently doing my physical to eSim process for the Purple. Despite that, it's not a simple process and you have to constantly refer to the instructions to do it right. And then the added pain of no SMS for 24 hrs.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20230227-12.07.07.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20230227-10.16.30-1.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20230227-10.16.31.jpeg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks